Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:36:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wakefield/Maxted/Ball etc  (Read 1678 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Wakefield/Maxted/Ball etc
« on December 30, 2016, 10:03:56 am by roverstillidie91 »
With the emergence of Mandeville, Lund, Middleton etc under DF it always makes you wonder how some of the above would have fared under Fergie or any others that was released under Dickov.

I presume looking at where they are now they would of enjoyed being part of the new team.

Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Wakefield/Maxted/Ball etc
« Reply #1 on December 31, 2016, 01:03:32 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Sometimes all people need is a bit of luck in getting an opportunity. I don't think any of them would have turned out as good as Mandeville but that's guesswork-people can surprise you.
I see Alex Peterson is captain at Ossett Town he scored for them last week. The one i thought was really unlucky was Waide Fairhurst. He did well when he got an opportunity it was just the quality players in front of him.
 I think it destroys a lot of these lads-they drop down to non league and lose the drive and professionalism. While football is played there will always be potential nuggets waiting to be found.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 31, 2016, 08:55:58 pm by ravenrover »
My goodness Sammy you have just gone down in my estimation Waide Fairhurst? Don't think I will bother looking at your WAP suggestions from now on :ohmy:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2017, 02:12:04 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He was as slow as a carthorse but he could finish a ball. The ones he got for us in the first team were impossible to miss. If he was coming from our youth team now he would make the bench.
I don't particularly think many mistakes have been made in who has been let go. These last few seasons i think the quality of youth team player produced has improved. Having the manager we have also helps because he likes to give youth players the opportunity.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012