Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:09:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Investment  (Read 4061 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Investment
« on August 17, 2013, 03:39:38 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
£40 million ....the TP willing to invest!

My opinion is if one of the board is blocking it why dont they get their hands in the pockets?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Phoenix

• Forum Member
Re: Investment
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2013, 03:42:12 pm by Phoenix »
I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 17, 2013, 03:50:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
£40 million ....the TP willing to invest!

My opinion is if one of the board is blocking it why dont they get their hands in the pockets?
Exactly where will that £40m go?

The second part of this doesn't make sense. If said I'd be investing £100m and a member of the board doubted its benefits to the club, you think that that board member should put up £100m??

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 17, 2013, 04:08:46 pm by ravenrover »
How much of £20/40m will be left after they have bought out JR and KM2?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 17, 2013, 04:13:53 pm by Copps is Magic »
How much of £20/40m will be left after they have bought out JR and KM2?

.. and paid off the debt, and paid everyone's wages, and made up the shortfall.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 17, 2013, 04:27:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
And let me ask the 'chuck £40 million at it' crowd. After all of the above has been accounted for - do you honestly think £40million (working within the financial fair play rules) is even remotely close enough to guaranteeing a go at promotion.

It isn't

Some typically short-term minded people have seen £40m, got an erection, and forgot about all of the precedents in football in recent years.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 17, 2013, 04:32:42 pm by wilts rover »
What debt?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2013, 04:51:09 pm by Wellred »
And let me ask the 'chuck £40 million at it' crowd. After all of the above has been accounted for - do you honestly think £40million (working within the financial fair play rules) is even remotely close enough to guaranteeing a go at promotion.

It isn't

Some typically short-term minded people have seen £40m, got an erection, and forgot about all of the precedents in football in recent years.

Time to come in and join the real world Copps is Magic.
Nobody can guarantee a promotion, wether it  be £40m  £100m or £200m

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 17, 2013, 05:40:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What debt?
Haven't the directors leant the club money which needs to be paid back at some point?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 17, 2013, 05:42:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What debt?
Haven't the directors leant the club money which needs to be paid back at some point?

They have but there may be no obligation ever to pay it back as it could convert to equity.  Even then it's not huge amounts.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 17, 2013, 07:59:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Not huge amounts but something, and the conditions of a buy out may include paying that back - its a private company, the buy out can be priced at whatever the owners want. So, could easily be that million or so, plus a figure to cover the rest. When was it we heard about the £4.5m that JR had put in, and he's put in at least £1m more since. Presumably the other two have put in a few million too.

Apologies if this has all been said somewhere before, but there will be a cost to buy, what would it be? Ball park figures of course. I reckon at least £10-15m.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 17, 2013, 08:02:51 pm by Jenny »
Well the shareholders have put around £12m equity into the club and around a further £9m in loans - if they wanted to realise the book value of their investment, then you are looking at circa £20m

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 17, 2013, 08:06:31 pm by Herman Hessian »
£12m equity...a further £9m in loans...circa £20m

like - £21m ?

;)

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 17, 2013, 08:18:23 pm by South West Rover »
When all this talk started a few weeks ago about investment, I was quite excited albeit a little cautious.

It's dragged on so long however, with various people bringing to the fore their opinions and 'reliably sourced inside information', that now I just wonder if it's worth it.  I mean, the team has made a positive start, we have some good players playing some decent football and a manager who seems, so far, to be a pretty sound appointment.

Now if it is the case, that a change of hands has to take place because the current owners have had enough, then of course, new money men will have to be found.  If it's just about getting a few million to muck about with in the transfer market then I'm not sure it's worth all this upheaval.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2013, 08:20:08 pm by RobTheRover »
When all this talk started a few weeks ago about investment, I was quite excited albeit a little cautious.

It's dragged on so long however, with various people bringing to the fore their opinions and 'reliably sourced inside information', that now I just wonder if it's worth it.  I mean, the team has made a positive start, we have some good players playing some decent football and a manager who seems, so far, to be a pretty sound appointment.

Now if it is the case, that a change of hands has to take place because the current owners have had enough, then of course, new money men will have to be found.  If it's just about getting a few million to muck about with in the transfer market then I'm not sure it's worth all this upheaval.

Who has said the current owners have had enough?  To my knowledge thats never even been mentioned.

South West Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 17, 2013, 08:26:37 pm by South West Rover »
No one has said it to my knowledge either.  I did though.  It's the only reason, in my opinion, that we would need to be involved in a takeover.  Otherwise, I think that we should carry on as we are.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 17, 2013, 08:29:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Or how about selling the spaces in the O's of Doncaster Rovers. They could have their faces in there. Mr Belize and whoever would look really smart in there for say, £5m per O. Being as they are faceless, it would be an easy job done :)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 17, 2013, 08:56:24 pm by LincsRover »
Do we really need another thread on this? FFS I'm sick of hearing about it now and will now ignore any thread that sounds like it will have anything to do with Sequentia Capital or any investment in rovers!

F*ck*ng sick of people who have the same objective, the best for rovers, tearing each other apart and slagging each other off! F*ck*ng stop it, it's unnecessary and not getting us anywhere!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 17, 2013, 09:00:14 pm by RobTheRover »
I think its time we focussed on footy matters for a bit, eh?

Has anyone noticed we are 15th, and only 4 points off an automatic promotion spot (and have a game in hand!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 17, 2013, 09:05:02 pm by LincsRover »
Halle.....f*ck*ng....luyah! Some football chat at last! Well spotted RtR, looking forward to Tuesday night now with some hope!

:rtid:

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 17, 2013, 09:29:13 pm by chrisd_123 »
I see the kids on Facebook and Twitter shouting about the 40 million and how we should take it etc. For me I'd rather sign Theo Robinson for the reported 100k than Jordan Rhodes for £8m.

If we got a player for big bucks and he didn't perform, then what? Sell for a massive loss. Theo doesn't perform? Ah well, it was worth a go and we look elsewhere in the situation we're currently in.

Stick to what we're used to. It's worked up until now.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2013, 09:45:18 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Theo paid off his transfer fee for me last night.

OxonViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 18, 2013, 09:12:14 am by OxonViking »
Suppose he did really DVR
If relegation costs say 10m and we need 50pts that's 200k a point.
3pts = 600k, 300k a goal.
I know you can't put that value on him because its a team game etc and EVERYONE contributed on Friday night. But when you look at it...
150k could well be a Bloody Bargain !!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 18, 2013, 01:34:23 pm by silent majority »
Bullshit rodeo. Thanks Dave, well worth a read.

http://daveboyle.net/football-3/bullshit-rodeo/

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 18, 2013, 01:38:10 pm by Filo »
Bullshit rodeo. Thanks Dave, well worth a read.

http://daveboyle.net/football-3/bullshit-rodeo/

Who could that be on the rodeo bull? :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012