Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:45:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tired  (Read 7029 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Tired
« on October 13, 2014, 08:38:53 am by roversdude »
Anybody tried telling their boss they are tired this morning and can they have a bit of a rest
Professional footballers pah

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Tired
« Reply #1 on October 13, 2014, 08:44:47 am by GazLaz »
Young players should be looked after in my opinion. Sterling did the right thing.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 13, 2014, 08:46:28 am by RJHeader »
Anybody tried telling their boss they are tired this morning and can they have a bit of a rest

Anybody else played 9 games (being depended on as the main player) in the last month or so after a their first full season playing Prem and International football with only a month rest?
 Nah didnt think so

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 13, 2014, 09:22:07 am by Filo »

It's obvious Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool are dictating to Hodgson, Englands selection policy, gone are the days when players considered it an honour to play for their Country, theres too much money in the game for that!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 13, 2014, 09:25:23 am by The Red Baron »
Young players should be looked after in my opinion. Sterling did the right thing.

I'm not sure that was Sterling talking though. I think it was Rodgers.

I thought Hodgson had a fair point- why should it always be England who have to rest him?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 13, 2014, 10:11:14 am by Draytonian III »
I would rest him, for next two years and anyone who is " tired ".

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 13, 2014, 11:20:43 am by DRNaith »

Anyone else heard this on Radio 2 this morning too?  ;)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 13, 2014, 11:27:33 am by wing commander »
  For me it's unforgiveable...A friendly match I can almost understand it but a euro qualifier?? He would have all the rest he can handle if I was picking the squad from now on...

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 13, 2014, 11:53:05 am by RJHeader »
Surprises me Sterling gets this much stick. For me, its nowhere near as bad as what Ben Foster has done and he never got any stick as far as i can remember.

If he's tired is it not better he says so that someone (Lallana) who is at 100% goes for it. Rather than Sterling who never felt right.

I think Hodgson has played this terribly, he should of said 'We felt he needed a rest', the lad is onlu 19 and has now got all this on him! But at least its taken up all the news about Raheem, rather than how bad England were

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 13, 2014, 11:58:02 am by wing commander »
He only played 45 minutes against the mighty San Marino...He deserves all the stick heading his way

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 13, 2014, 12:58:16 pm by RobSlingDog »
Agree with other points made, Think this is Mr Rodgers thinking he's running the England team. He's already "Rested" Sterling once this year and he's telling them when Struridge can and cant play. Think BR needs to keep his beek out and let Roy make the decisons. Not like its going to make a impact on Liverpools season they will do well to come in top 6 this season even more so with that so called footballer up front! Man Utd buy Di Maira and Flacao (Without Champs League) and Liverpool get Lallana and Mario. Let me think whos done the better business......

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 13, 2014, 01:49:06 pm by ravenrover »
Good grief back in the day, a long long time ago, I trained twice a week played for Broddie on a Sat, out on the lash Sat night then to the Outlook, played for Coal house Wanderers Sun morning a couple of beers and then played for SunFC/Scawsby Rangers on a Sun afternoon
Youngsters these days!!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 13, 2014, 01:56:59 pm by RoversDave »
Good grief back in the day, a long long time ago, I trained twice a week played for Broddie on a Sat, out on the lash Sat night then to the Outlook, played for Coal house Wanderers Sun morning a couple of beers and then played for SunFC/Scawsby Rangers on a Sun afternoon
Youngsters these days!!

That's the trouble they can't take their ale.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 13, 2014, 03:00:08 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Wonder what the odds are of him starting the next Liverpool game  :whistle:

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 13, 2014, 03:54:22 pm by acko »
24 hrs previous greg dyke says young players need to play a regular season against seasoned pros not enough genuine competition,then we get a young player telling the england manager hes tired,if he passed the ball more often instead of trying to beat everyone every time he would be able to conserve his energy.take a leaf out of the lampards and gerrards book he will last longer

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 13, 2014, 08:24:30 pm by 1879Rovers »
I think it just typifies the modern football culture and one of the reasons England are lagging behind. Some players would have run through walls to represent their country and he gets the chance but 'he's tired'.

FFS he is not even 20-year-old. He should be as fit as a butchers dog!!

Maybe he would like to work 8-5 or more, in a manual hard working job and then see how tired he is.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 13, 2014, 09:27:53 pm by Donnyrovers »
He's played every week the second half of last season and then had a world cup and playing football abroad all summer. He's come back this season and Liverpool are relying on him I think he has the right to be feeling the fatigue. Most players his age are playing development squad football or lower level not a World Cup, premier league, champions league and capital cup and playing nearly every minute in them games. If it was a top team in sure he would have played but he's thinking for the team and we have more than enough cover in his position with top players.

Also you can't compare his job to working a 8-5 or what ever because his job relies on his body to be at its peak and the physical demands his body will be put under will be hard.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:31:27 pm by Donnyrovers »

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 13, 2014, 09:30:42 pm by RedRover45 »
He's played every week the second half of last season and then had a world cup and playing football abroad all summer. He's come back this season and Liverpool are relying on him I think he has the right to be feeling the fatigue. Most players his age are playing development squad football or lower level not a World Cup, premier league, champions league and capital cup and playing nearly every minute in them games. If it was a top team in sure he would have played but he's thinking for the team and we have more than enough cover in his position with top players.

I'd swap places with him and play for FREE in a heartbeat. Puff.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 13, 2014, 09:55:05 pm by wilts rover »
Alberto Contador won the Vuelta a Espania last month, riding a bike for around 100 miles a day for three weeks, 8 weeks after breaking his leg.
Poor tired footballers.....

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 14, 2014, 07:55:30 am by RJHeader »

I'd swap places with him and play for FREE in a heartbeat. Puff.

But you're probably shit

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 14, 2014, 08:19:49 am by The Red Baron »
Surprises me Sterling gets this much stick. For me, its nowhere near as bad as what Ben Foster has done and he never got any stick as far as i can remember.

If he's tired is it not better he says so that someone (Lallana) who is at 100% goes for it. Rather than Sterling who never felt right.

I think Hodgson has played this terribly, he should of said 'We felt he needed a rest', the lad is onlu 19 and has now got all this on him! But at least its taken up all the news about Raheem, rather than how bad England were

I do feel that Sterling is to some extent "piggy-in-the-middle" here. He's got his club manager wanting him to train in one way and telling him he doesn't want him coming back from international duty fatigued or injured. On the other hand, Hodgson sees him as a key component of his team. He's one of the few match-winners we have in the team at the moment and wants him ready to play.

I know there's an argument that you could field half the Rovers first-team and still beat the likes of San Marino and Estonia easily, but from Hodgson's point of view he wants to use these games to get players playing together. He's also conscious that unless he wins these games in some style he'll get crucified by the media. I think he had to front up over Sterling because his frustration wasn't aimed at the player- it was aimed at Brendan Rodgers.

You could argue, of course (and Hodgson probably would) that Liverpool ought to be managing Sterling's workload better. The problem for them is that they overachieved massively last season (hence raising expectations), they've lost their best player and they don't have a particularly big squad. Their form this season suggests that they need to play their better players (including Sterling) whenever they're available if they're going to compete at the top of the League and qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Of course the managers should be trying to establish a dialogue, but at the moment that seems unlikely, especially given Rodgers' implied criticism of Hodgson's training methods.

I do feel a bit for Sterling- rock and hard place spring to mind.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 14, 2014, 09:35:28 am by ravenrover »

I do feel that Sterling is to some extent "piggy-in-the-middle" here. He's got his club manager wanting him to train in one way and telling him he doesn't want him coming back from international duty fatigued or injured. On the other hand, Hodgson sees him as a key component of his team. He's one of the few match-winners we have in the team at the moment and wants him ready to play.

I know there's an argument that you could field half the Rovers first-team and still beat the likes of San Marino and Estonia easily, but from Hodgson's point of view he wants to use these games to get players playing together. He's also conscious that unless he wins these games in some style he'll get crucified by the media. I think he had to front up over Sterling because his frustration wasn't aimed at the player- it was aimed at Brendan Rodgers.

You could argue, of course (and Hodgson probably would) that Liverpool ought to be managing Sterling's workload better. The problem for them is that they overachieved massively last season (hence raising expectations), they've lost their best player and they don't have a particularly big squad. Their form this season suggests that they need to play their better players (including Sterling) whenever they're available if they're going to compete at the top of the League and qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Of course the managers should be trying to establish a dialogue, but at the moment that seems unlikely, especially given Rodgers' implied criticism of Hodgson's training methods.

I do feel a bit for Sterling- rock and hard place spring to mind.

Steady on now getting  bit carried away there  :)

Viking Jack

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 14, 2014, 12:51:41 pm by Viking Jack »
Come on fellas, he came on as a sub at the end and contributed to us winning the game by getting the free kick that Rooney scored. What more do you want?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 14, 2014, 08:55:12 pm by andyst79 »
He could have played in goal as rush goalie don't think he would have been too troubled!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 19, 2014, 12:37:13 pm by Filo »
Stirling must have got over his tiredness, he starts for Liverpool today, it's time managers like Rogers are told to stop meddling in England team affairs!

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 19, 2014, 03:57:06 pm by RJHeader »
Stirling must have got over his tiredness, he starts for Liverpool today, it's time managers like Rogers are told to stop meddling in England team affairs!

Well seen as it was a week later, id of thought he'd of got over it? Was always gonna start today and there's nothing wrong with that imo

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 19, 2014, 04:13:11 pm by Filo »

Well seen as it was a week later, id of thought he'd of got over it? Was always gonna start today and there's nothing wrong with that imo

If it had been a PL weekend rather than an international weekend do you think Rogers would have rested him due to his tiredness?

And after playing the whole game against QPR, his selection for the game against Real Madrid in midweek must be in doubt if he's tired
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:52:34 am by Filo »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012