Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:10:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Two stats from today  (Read 4887 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Two stats from today
« Reply #30 on August 12, 2018, 08:55:50 pm by idler »
I have the 1958 FA cup programme with a Jimmy Greaves autograph on it.
 Cost me over £20 on eBay some years ago.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 13, 2018, 07:04:14 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Just as a matter of interest, Dutch. Is there anyone you've earmarked to carry on these trails of facts & figures etc when you eventually depart this earth?

Not wanting to tempt fate, it'd just be a shame to see your hard work go to waste one day.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 13, 2018, 09:30:31 am by Dutch Uncle »
Many thanks for your kind message Monkcaster, which I take as a compliment. I do the analysis because I like doing it and being retired have the time, so in that sense it is not a waste for me. But there are several other like minded stattos on here, so I am sure there will always be plenty of stats thrown out there.

I am very happy to be in regular contact with The Red Baron, the ultimate Rovers expert in my eyes. The club has now been very smart and he now has an official role there. I have sent him much of what I have, and he has been very kind in sending me much of his. We were both excited about Copps 500 league games for one club last season, and we worked together on that to see just how rare that was.

I know stats are not everyone’s cup of tea, but it is always great to hear from someone who does appreciate them - thanks again. :thumbsup:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 13, 2018, 08:11:52 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Many thanks for your kind message Monkcaster, which I take as a compliment. I do the analysis because I like doing it and being retired have the time, so in that sense it is not a waste for me. But there are several other like minded stattos on here, so I am sure there will always be plenty of stats thrown out there.

I am very happy to be in regular contact with The Red Baron, the ultimate Rovers expert in my eyes. The club has now been very smart and he now has an official role there. I have sent him much of what I have, and he has been very kind in sending me much of his. We were both excited about Copps 500 league games for one club last season, and we worked together on that to see just how rare that was.

I know stats are not everyone’s cup of tea, but it is always great to hear from someone who does appreciate them - thanks again. :thumbsup:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Well I thank you, TRB & all the others massively. Google doesn't quite cut it sometimes.

Thanks all.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 13, 2018, 09:11:21 pm by The Red Baron »
Just as a matter of interest, Dutch. Is there anyone you've earmarked to carry on these trails of facts & figures etc when you eventually depart this earth?

Not wanting to tempt fate, it'd just be a shame to see your hard work go to waste one day.

I've had to give what you say some thought, especially after a bit of a health scare earlier this year (fortunately after an op I'm fine now). If any of our younger members would like to carry on the torch eventually please send me a PM and I will be in touch.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 13, 2018, 10:22:21 pm by Drover »
Are you sure that we have never played Chelsea in the FL?

I vaguely remember seeing a Donny vs Chelsea program from the 50’s. It was the season before we went down from Div 2 to Div 3 North.

I think the story goes, that we were doing really well that season, until we lost to Chelsea. They went up to Div 1, we were close and finished the best ever in Div 2. At the time I had only known Donny in Div4.

Have I been under a complete allusion for 40 years?

front of the rovers chelsea progs here how many of you knew Fulham had a similar template -- Rovers never had a club badge til the 60's as we all know

those black blobs next to the grass are all in exactly the same position

I notice that Craven cottage has the London pea souper sky and Belle Vue has clear skies. :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 14, 2018, 12:15:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Looks like Belle Vue had lunar levels of gravity in the 60s an all.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 14, 2018, 06:41:57 am by roversdude »
Did we play rugby instead against Chelsea ? Just wondering with the ball in hand

TinyPortal © 2005-2012