Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:00:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barcelona Tickets  (Read 2269 times)

MartinB

Barcelona Tickets
« on March 15, 2013, 01:58:43 am by MartinB »
Friend of mine (in Canada) is looking at the possibilty of going to the Barca Real Betis game...anyone know of any reliable sites to get tickets from? help/advice would be great.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: Barcelona Tickets
« Reply #1 on March 15, 2013, 03:19:06 am by afro goal machine »
Thomas cook do sporting deals you might get ticket flight and a room for £100 or so pound, worth a look.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 15, 2013, 07:36:59 am by DaveDRFC »
Best thing to do is just wait til you are there and buy tickets from the ground. If you look at Barca's attendances they never sell out and this way you know you won't get ripped off, there are a lot of dodgy sites out there. I've not been to Barca (to watch a game, been to the Nou Camp for a tour) but I've been to Roma, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Rayo Vallecano and never had trouble just buying tickets on the day.

Only time I have failed is when I went to Berlin for my stag do and we wanted to go to a Hertha Berlin game. Turned out they were celebrating winning the Bundesliga 2 title that day so we had no chance. 80,000 sell out for a second tier game!!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2013, 09:12:56 am by The L J Monk »
Off to Madrid Levante in a few weeks for a Stag. We'll be paying on the day. Spanish games don't seem to sell out, unless it's a derby game.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2013, 10:23:01 am by DaveDRFC »
You been to Madrid before? I love it there, went for the third time last month and went to two games while I was there, Rayo Vallecano and Atletico, been to see Real on a previous visit.

I was just thinking while I was there how good it would be for a stag do. Cheap beer, loads of bars, open all night, bet you'll have an awesome time!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2013, 10:41:24 am by The L J Monk »
Not been before. Been to Barcelona a few times - watched the England Andorra debacle in the pouring rain at the Espanyol stadium - but  never Madrid.

I think Getafe are playing Atletico the same weekend we're there, so plenty of scope for taking in a couple of games whilst we're there.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 15, 2013, 10:47:30 am by moses »
Madrid is great for a stag do.
Bars for stags..
One bar "La Fontana de Oro" bands and music upstairs, tables downstairs lots of Spanish as well as tourists and its open till 6am. It often comes up as being "the best bar you have been in" in pub conversations.  Also O'Neils round the corner massive place with music as well.

Also try Plaza St Anna for "proper" Madrid nightlife. Older crowd but great food and cheap beer for the area.

Real Madrid tour always good and you can usually get tickets for any game apart from the Barcelona one.

Watch out for the kick off times/dates though in Spain they don't agree them massively in advance and they get moved round a lot. Partly as a consequence of there being no real culture of away travel at football in Spain. We had to include a Sunday night in our weekend just to ensure we got to the match.  One year Barcelone played at 9.30 pm on a Sunday night when the website said a week before they were playing Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:53:03 am by moses »

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 15, 2013, 11:00:24 am by The L J Monk »
Thanks for the tips Moses. Will check them out.

Noticed that about the kick off times a while back. Bit of a pain, but most of us are booked Friday - Monday, so we'll be OK for Real, unless they decide to stick it on the Monday night for some reason.

Just looking for another day activity now, to keep everyone occupied between the end of one hangover and laying the foundations for their next.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 15, 2013, 11:10:47 am by moses »
We got the walked up to the RM gorund for the tour. It will take an hour but you can get the tube back easy enough.
To be honest we stayed out until it was light so by the time everyone was up it was afternoon...
We stayed in the north of the city past Gran Via and end up at some night club full of 18 year old locals. They were beautiful to look at but none of them would entertain talking to any of us.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2013, 11:26:00 am by The L J Monk »
We're just near Sol in some apartments, so look to be right in the thick of the bar action.

Hopefully the Real game is Saturday night, so we'll be having a day in the park with a few drinks and a bit of footy, Real Levante at night, then out for a few bars until 6am - meaning Sunday everyone wants to stay in bed until tapas time, and I won't have to organise anything.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2013, 12:05:43 pm by DaveDRFC »
The Retiro park is one of the nicest I've been to in a big city, saw loads of red squirrels there last month although sure that won't interest you too much on a stag do! Plenty of room to play footy and hiring a rowing boat is a good laugh if you fancy a bit more exercise.

Calle Cava Baja is a really cool street just full of bars and eating places, not far from the Plaza Mayor, that's where I stayed last time. A good tip for cheap, fast food is 100 Montaditos, they sell little sandwiches with anything you can think of for less than 2 euros each, and it's always 2 euros a pint in there too. Also loads of places do buckets with little bottles of beer in them, 5 20cl bottles for 3 euros. Can't beat a litre of beer for 3 euros!

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2013, 02:15:06 pm by moses »
Dave is that the street that runs off towards the Althletco Madrid ground?
When I went with the missus we ate at a few places down there, not sure about Stag Do territory??

We did to a bar between St Anna Plaza and Museo de Arte Reina Sofía which was really cheap but was full of people with no toes spending their begging money which didnt add to the ambience.

Love Madrid, but cant find a reason to go in the forseeable future... :(

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 15, 2013, 03:45:33 pm by DaveDRFC »
Calle Toledo might be the one you're thinking of, that's a big long road that comes off the Plaza Mayor and goes down towards the Calderon. Calle Cava Baja is one of the little side roads that runs parallel to it, it's only about 1 car width wide and is just lined with tiny little bars, bound to be a few suitable for a stag do :)

I love the place too, much prefer it to Barcelona (although that's a great city too!), been there 3 times in the last 2 years now.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 15, 2013, 04:11:18 pm by moses »
Agreed on Barcelona v Madrid call we found that late at night the only people on the streets were us and prostitutes/muggers and didnt feel comfortable walking around. Whereas in

Madrid it is proper 24 hour city with one of the highlights being going for Chocolatte con Churros (apols for spelling) with some people we had met that night, on the way home from a bar when it was light and warm, happy days.

I will spend the weekend thinking of an excuse to go back...

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 15, 2013, 04:13:08 pm by The L J Monk »

Professional bullfighter?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 17, 2013, 06:38:57 pm by Donnywolf »
 :lol:

Professional bullfighter?

Professional bull shite-er more like  :lol:

No seriously enjoyed this thread, Have been praising Madrid on here many times, Great place

TinyPortal © 2005-2012