Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:59:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Long Loans...  (Read 1231 times)

MartinB

Season Long Loans...
« on July 31, 2013, 03:17:48 pm by MartinB »
When did it become that a season long loan was a new signing? Don't get me worong we've had some great loanees in recent years...Mills, Sharp & Shackell for example...but Shackell is a prime example how these types of deals shouldn't be seen as a "signing" they don't belong to Donny..they aren't a true club asset in the long term...this is not a moan at us "signing" the lad from Spurs rather than the whole "loan" idea. Does it benefit smaller clubs in the long term?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Season Long Loans...
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2013, 03:19:55 pm by dickos1 »
Nothing in football anymore benefits the long term, everything to do with football now is all about the short term

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2013, 03:26:21 pm by Mike_F »
I've just posted something similar on another thread but it's a reflection of life in general. Everybody seems to be in the gimme gimme gimme now now now and sod the consequences game these days. I know I was like that in my early 20s and ten years later I've just about paid the debt off.

Now I'm older and more boring I'd rather have a League One club to go to with my son in twenty years' time than look back and say "remember when we used to have a football club in Donny. We nearly made it to the Premier League at one point".

If signing players on loan and letting someone else pay the lio's share of their wages is the sustainable way forward then so be it. The key for me is keeping a focus on bringing the next bunch of James Husbands through.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2013, 03:31:41 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Agree entirely Mike.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2013, 03:36:57 pm by graingrover »
I agree Mike and .. the greed of the Premiership is such that they sign players like Kumaloand Ryan Mason but can't give them any top level football experience so ... clubs the likes of Doncaste can laugh all the way to the baank oon loan deals . It still needs good negotiating so well done Rovers on Kumalo . Please turn your skills on for Sharp. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012