Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:31:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Investment Press Conference  (Read 3861 times)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
Investment Press Conference
« on July 31, 2013, 08:22:49 pm by Lipsy »
Interesting listening: http://ow.ly/nvEMc

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Press conference shambles
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2013, 08:23:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sweet Jesus if you have heard the audio of the press conference (not the meet the fans event) it could hardly have been any less convincing. Watson denying knowledge of Sequentia Capital and then JR immediately going into great detail about the discussions he had been having with them. Brammall not present and JR saying he has no idea about the new second party as Brammall had been dealing with them alone. Sounds a total and utter shambles. All over the place.

See what you think: http://www.audioboo.com/boos/1528445-drfc-investment-press-conference?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Press conference shambles
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2013, 08:27:14 pm by Dare to dream! »
That first question Watson hasn't got a clue, no idea whats happening

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2013, 08:30:54 pm by RedArmy »
Sounds as if they are all covering something up..

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2013, 08:32:38 pm by mushRTID »
Just listened. Doesnt make great listening.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2013, 08:35:38 pm by Dare to dream! »
What does that mean when JR says the sequencia deal was lead by him? He has setup that consortium?

ad1982

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2013, 08:35:53 pm by ad1982 »
Don't dare to criticise the club though.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2013, 08:41:49 pm by GazLaz »
JR is the main negotiator and contact for the Paddys. Terry is the main contact for the new gang.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2013, 08:42:49 pm by Lipsy »
It seems the case that there was a bit of confusion as to what could and could not be said...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2013, 08:44:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
Something has obviously gone very wrong somewhere along the line. This will probably take months to resolve.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2013, 08:45:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
GazLaz got it spot on. They don't seem terribly well coordinated though do they? Not massively convincing if I am being honest.

Baldwin a class act.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2013, 08:46:30 pm by drfcsteve »
Either they were playing dumb to try and not give too much away, or they all genuinely don't communicate with each other. I'm guessing the first one.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2013, 08:46:45 pm by mushRTID »
The interviewer (Paul walker?) referred to a statement released by the Irish lads. Anyone know where to find this?

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2013, 08:49:10 pm by ScillyRover »
Listening to that I sense a split with a sticking plaster being applied for public presentation.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2013, 08:58:20 pm by Dare to dream! »
Seems as though the Irish deal is dead. We need to know more about the second proposed investment to judge but i think Dick Watson it is that says it is worth following up. Could still be in with a chance of getting some investment
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:02:01 pm by Dare to dream! »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2013, 09:00:36 pm by graingrover »
 Thanks for the link .. very interesting listening . I understood a lot lot more than I had from trying to piece together all the bits and pieces that had been dripped out .. more importantly that
    a) Gavin stated that the club had not been told what would have been  the player budget ( rumours had been 20 million )
     b) the second possible investment which is being handled ( whatever that means) by Terry Bramall may be more interesting for the club .

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:02:47 pm by graingrover »

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2013, 09:06:21 pm by RedArmy »
If Terry bramall is leading the other bid, i dont understand why he cant just invest money from his position now? why does he have to come in with a bid to invest money if thats what he's going to do?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2013, 09:12:32 pm by Herman Hessian »
If Terry bramall is leading the other bid, i dont understand why he cant just invest money from his position now? why does he have to come in with a bid to invest money if thats what he's going to do?

maybe it comes with pre-conditions such as him being named chairman; maybe he's sick of playing second fiddle to JR and is looking for more recognition if he fronts up a deal that's making more money available; a continuation of the current situation would see him just coughing up cash that further puffs up the JR publicity machine as John is - quite rightly - seen as the notional head of the club and prime-mover behind everything that's happened over the last decade and a half; maybe it's just ego - time to step out of the shadows...

pissing in the wind, like, but if that is the case, seems fair enough....

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2013, 09:15:23 pm by drfcsteve »
The interviewer (Paul walker?) referred to a statement released by the Irish lads. Anyone know where to find this?

I can't seem to find it, JR and co said they hadn't seen it either so wonder where Paul Walker got it from.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2013, 09:15:54 pm by RedArmy »
If thats the case id rather have the irish and jr kept as chairman

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2013, 09:16:25 pm by Dare to dream! »

I can't seem to find it, JR and co said they hadn't seen it either so wonder where Paul Walker got it from.

It will be in the Free Press tomorrow

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2013, 09:18:05 pm by Leebtyler »

the statement is in tomorrows free press, but i cant find it either online.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2013, 09:19:54 pm by Prez »
Just to be pedantic, the interviewer is Andy Giddens, not Paul Walker.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2013, 09:21:58 pm by not on facebook »
I think that terry bramell stayed away from This press
Conference to protect any questions Asked on who This
So called other interested party are.

Hence to say Nobody or certian People or person dont
Want the Cat getting out Of the bag.

What worrys me is if rovers have an awfull first two moNths Of the season and are rock Bottom Of table,which in turn might put off any Interest from one or both partys.

Because if it should look like rovers will be in league one next term

The question is would these so called interested partys have both Been interested in rovers if donny did Get not promotion last term?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:25:38 pm by oslorovers »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2013, 09:23:10 pm by mushRTID »
Thanks although my ? was there as I wasn't 100%

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 31, 2013, 09:24:01 pm by RedArmy »
I think that terry bramell stayed away from This press
Conference to protect any questions Asked on who This
So called other interested party are.

Hence to say Nobody or certian People or person dont
Want the Cat getting out Of the bag.

What worrys me is if rovers have an awfull first two moNths Of the season and are rock Bottom Of table,which in turn might put off any Interest from one or both partys.

Because if it should look like rovers will be in league one next term

The question is would these so called interested partys have both Been interested in rovers if donny did Get promotion last term?

They probably werent but the lure of prem football and a prem football club would gain my interest aswell..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2013, 09:25:14 pm by Chris Black come back »

From the little we can gain from the press conference, Brammall is leading discussions WITH the other interested party. He is not it seems part OF the second party. Either the. Three owners have divvied up contact with the bids between themselves (which is why Watson appeared so put of the loop) and Brammall has been given contact with the second party or these are potentially people that Brammall has some prior knowledge of and hence he is the Board liaison with them. Much more likely the first scenario.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2013, 09:31:06 pm by roverssam1879 »
Listening to that I sense a split with a sticking plaster being applied for public presentation.

Spot on Scilly

This is a pathetic interview! my faith in the board has plummeted over these past few days and it seems that there is a difference of interests amongst them which doesn't bode well for any football club, especially given that we are once again new to the championship and have very little capital in which to invest in PD's playing squad which even after todays signings is threadbare with only 2.5 days to go before the seasons opening match.

I heard quotes such as;

''a very good position at the moment''

Please tell me why he can deem we are in a good position! maybe business wise but the matter of fact is, the bread and butter (the team) has to be up to scratch and prepared...it just isn't!

I cannot believe how much they contradict themselves! I hope some journo would grill them on this interview as the whole business about sequentcia capital (sorry if that's not correct spelling), firstly they know nothing of them and then questions later they acknowledge it!?! pathetic business craft right there.

''Status quo'' (963 times) - status quo cant be that good of a business model if we haven't got a first team and a bench full of professionals 2.5 days to go!

DW talks garbage, GB talks like a cover up politician and JR is the only one I have an ounce of trust in. Let JR do the talking and faith is restored!

DW - ''always carry out talks with due diligence''... 8 minutes before he didn't know who sequentcia were!!!!!!

A press conference for no reason it appears!

it just undermines the trust, professionalism and strength of business continuity that I believed the board stood for.

RTID

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 31, 2013, 09:32:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They probably werent but the lure of prem football and a prem football club would gain my interest aswell..

The ambition is all very well, but who's left holding the can if it all goes Peter Ridsdale on you?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 31, 2013, 09:36:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Too right Glyn.

I for one am #prothestatusquo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012