Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:10:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Investment Press Conference  (Read 3858 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: Press conference shambles
« Reply #30 on July 31, 2013, 09:42:03 pm by Prez »
Well said Roverssam, talk about smoke and mirrors! I was cringing listening to that audio, just wish Andy Giddens would have smelt the contradictory bull that was going on and proper grilled them. I fully respect the board for the money they have put in, all we ask is a bit of honesty and clarity.

I wouldnt be suprised if there is a split or rift between the 3 amigos, behind closed doors over all this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 31, 2013, 09:43:02 pm by mushRTID »
Well said Roverssam, talk about smoke and mirrors! I was cringing listening to that audio, just wish Andy Giddens would have smelt the contradictory bull that was going on and proper grilled them. I fully respect the board for the money they have put in, all we ask is a bit of honesty and clarity.

I wouldnt be suprised if there is a split or rift between the 3 amigos, behind closed doors over all this.

I think it's nailed on!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Investment Press Conference
« Reply #32 on July 31, 2013, 09:43:03 pm by Jimmydee »
The second group was mentioned a few times during that interview.
It's Status Quo, with more investment we will be ROCKING ALL OVER THE WORLD, O'Brien has gone back to Paddy land on his PAPER PLANE, we can have WHATEVER YOU WANT, we won't be going DOWN DOWN, especially DOWN THE DUSTPIPE. Rock on.

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 31, 2013, 09:49:59 pm by Leebtyler »
Listening to that I sense a split with a sticking plaster being applied for public presentation.

Spot on Scilly

This is a pathetic interview! my faith in the board has plummeted over these past few days and it seems that there is a difference of interests amongst them which doesn't bode well for any football club, especially given that we are once again new to the championship and have very little capital in which to invest in PD's playing squad which even after todays signings is threadbare with only 2.5 days to go before the seasons opening match.

I heard quotes such as;

''a very good position at the moment''

Please tell me why he can deem we are in a good position! maybe business wise but the matter of fact is, the bread and butter (the team) has to be up to scratch and prepared...it just isn't!

I cannot believe how much they contradict themselves! I hope some journo would grill them on this interview as the whole business about sequentcia capital (sorry if that's not correct spelling), firstly they know nothing of them and then questions later they acknowledge it!?! pathetic business craft right there.

''Status quo'' (963 times) - status quo cant be that good of a business model if we haven't got a first team and a bench full of professionals 2.5 days to go!

DW talks garbage, GB talks like a cover up politician and JR is the only one I have an ounce of trust in. Let JR do the talking and faith is restored!

DW - ''always carry out talks with due diligence''... 8 minutes before he didn't know who sequentcia were!!!!!!

A press conference for no reason it appears!

it just undermines the trust, professionalism and strength of business continuity that I believed the board stood for.

RTID

I for one trust Gavin implicitly, its his job to safeguard the finances at the club and ensure we actually make money.
  A press conference HAD to be given one way or another, there has pretty much been a media blackout since this all started, that is bad for finances and share prices, im pretty sure it was called at the request of the shareholders and not because they wanted it.

certainly there appears to be a split on the board between Brammall and Ryan, i wouldnt say thats a bad thing, just that if something does get the green light it will genuinely be because it was the right one.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 31, 2013, 10:12:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
Not a great interview. They should have all been prepped and had a Q&A on talking points and answers to all potential questions.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 31, 2013, 11:24:43 pm by godlike1 »
I'm sure I've just heard someone pouring 3 large wiskeys

What a shambles

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 31, 2013, 11:49:16 pm by Lipsy »
It still sounds to me like they're just not singing from the same hymn sheet.

It's JR that breaks rank on this, and is it any surprise? My guess would be that - like the heart-on-his-sleeve fan that we know him to be - he was excited by the potential of signing/loaning big names that such a cash injection would have allowed for (some on here have criticised the fact that JR went on record to say that we'd be more than happy with the signings - well, maybe he made those comments when he thought that this deal would go through. It makes sense, no?). It seems that it was the other members of the board that didn't want this this "death or glory approach", which would no doubt disappoint JR (and - listening to it - there is talk of maintaining the long-term future of the club, which seems to add credence to my thinking).

I would assume that there are some open sores at the moment, but is that any surprise? Not really. Is it serious? I doubt it. They're big boys, and they'll get over it.

That's my - no doubt wrong - interpretation of all of this... You may fire when ready.

Still, we move on - if nothing else, we have a squad for Saturday now and many on here (and elsewhere) doubted that was going to be possible.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 31, 2013, 11:53:40 pm by roverssam1879 »
But its not much stronger than it was last season.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 31, 2013, 11:57:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Not a great interview. They should have all been prepped and had a Q&A on talking points and answers to all potential questions.

Sounds like they need the advice of a PR professional, Mark.  Do you know of one?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 01, 2013, 12:00:59 am by Lipsy »
We haven't finished signing players/doing business. Yesterday, people were moaning that we couldn't field a team; now we have a 'keeper that (and I have just nipped to the pub and tested this) gets a "You're f**king kidding me? How much did he cost you? f**k OFF! With him and Rob Jones, you're safe in the Championship*" from fans of other clubs... 

I suspect that it's not over yet, not by a long ways.

*I am not saying I agree with that sentiment. I am just quoting someone.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 01, 2013, 12:02:45 am by Viking Don »
I'm sure I've just heard someone pouring 3 large wiskeys

What a shambles

That was louder than GB who didn't seem to be mic'd up. DW and GB sound like prisoners of war being interrogated (don't tell 'em Pike). Poor JR had to cover for DW who doesn't seem used to public speaking, and GB, who obviously does.

Having said that, it was pretty damn funny.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012