Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:51:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My two penn'th  (Read 1590 times)

sf9944

• Forum Member
My two penn'th
« on April 28, 2013, 12:41:12 pm by sf9944 »
Without exception the most incredible few moments I have ever witnessed.  A few points...

I'm still on the fence re Flynn and next season but wow did he do a job yesterday.  Picked the perfect team for the occasion.  Substitutions bang on.  Keegan in particular made a real difference.

The referee.  I thought he was awesome.  Didn't get influenced by the baying home crowd and that is some achievement.  Handled the occasion brilliantly for one so young and inexperienced.

Quinn...absolutely superb!  He got so much stick first part of season but I think he has been brilliant since xmas.

Browny....won header after header.  Kept going and going.  Must have given strength to his colleagues with his character.   

Chester, Stoke, Cardiff, Wembley and now Brentford.  Seen 'em all and feel so privileged to have been a Rovers fan for the last ten years or so.

Well done all  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: My two penn'th
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2013, 12:56:44 pm by Al4475 »
Exactly what he said! All of it!  :that:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2013, 01:04:17 pm by mushRTID »
Quinn has been fantastic. The stick he was getting on here before Christmas was outrageous.

Seems a real character too, was going nuts on silver street early hours this morning.

I think yesterday topped the others for me. I still can't get my head around what happened.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2013, 05:35:19 pm by graingrover »
Brown had  blinder holding up the ball and resisting challenges from two players at a time instils energy and motivates the players around him; Sully also breathes confidence into all around him ( except the opposition.Dino Zoff à la Donny.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2013, 01:53:46 am by RoversAlias »
The referee.  I thought he was awesome.  Didn't get influenced by the baying home crowd and that is some achievement.  Handled the occasion brilliantly for one so young and inexperienced.

Got to agree with you here in praising the referee but must give him his due - he is young but far from inexperienced. Michael Oliver (son of former top flight ref Clive) has been a Premier League official since 2010.

The powers that be got the selection spot on.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2013, 09:07:16 am by ctay »
I will admit that I wasnt impressed one bit with Quinn before Xmas, but since the turn of the year he has been terrific. Same with McCombe in the fact I have never been his biggest fan, but the last six weeks of the season he has been excellent.

I think when Deano put this side together he had the right solid basis but we have probably surpassed any expectation.

It has been a funny season. At times we have been awful to watch, but we have been solid and the credit goes to DS/BF and all the back room staff.

I am not sure what will happen next with BF and a few of the players, I guess we will find out soon enough but lets celebrate what they have achieved. Often a change of manger during a season can have a massive effect on a club, but thankfully JR (and the board) chose the man to keep the ship steady.

It does feel like payback at the minute for the first twenty years as a Rovers fan, as the last ten have been fantastic. Saturday felt even better than Wembley.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2013, 09:14:56 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Everybody was excellent on Saturday and put in a great shift.  Special mention for me has to go to Hume though.  Chased absolutley everything, really hope hes back here next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012