Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:20:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: In Switzerland ....  (Read 912 times)

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
In Switzerland ....
« on April 29, 2013, 04:13:03 pm by FuzzyDuck »
http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/international/premierleague/die-unglaublichste-finalissima-aller-zeiten-id2287400.html

We made the back pages.

Any other Exiles out there with headlines from far and wide?
 :rtid: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: In Switzerland ....
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2013, 06:56:36 pm by not on facebook »
What are the comments on Bottom Of page?

As me swiss is shite tbh

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2013, 07:34:47 pm by FuzzyDuck »
I'm at a match at the minute but I'll give a translation later.  The headline is "From Hell to Heaven in 18 Seconds" it's quite positive as you can imagine!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2013, 07:37:37 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Absolutely love it Fuzzy. As a German speaker I just love reading anything about Rovers in German (and/or Dutch)  :thumbsup: :rtid:

http://www.freewebs.com/doingthe116/fairytale.htm

(above link to a brilliant Dutch article after the Wembley game)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:41:16 pm by Dutch Uncle »

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2013, 11:42:10 am by FuzzyDuck »
Great isn't it  :woot:

Translation:

Penalty ! Bar! Counter-Attack Promotion!

THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE END EVER!

In the very last seconds Doncaster Rovers secured promotion to the second-highest English league.  They did so because there opponents, Brentford missed a penalty and so failed in their own promotion bid.

"The winner takes it all" was the appropriate motto prior to the game between Brentford and Doncaster Rovers.  The winners would be promoted automatically in to the second-highest English League.

It was 0:0 up until the 94th minute when referee, Michael Oliver suddenly blew for a penalty for the home team.  11300 Brentford fans had faith that 20 year old Marcello Trotta could give them a perfect promotion (that bit doesn't translate well, but you get the point).

But fate had other ideas.  Trotta's penalty crashed against the crossbar and Doncaster immediately launched a counter-attack.  Billy Paynter took the ball and ran into space.  He played an easy ball into James Coppinger who just had to tap in to ensure Doncaster's promotion, just 18 seconds after the penalty!

Pure ecstasy for the Rovers' fans.  Goalie, Neil Sullivan: "I don't believe anyone has experienced anything like this.  Just unbelievable"

Brentford now face a difficult play-off against Swindon Town.  Brentford's German coach, Uwe Rosler was obviously upset ( it can be translated as pissed) especially because his instructions were not followed.

"The whole team knew that I had chosen our captain, Kevin r CaoO'Connor to take penalties. " moaned Rosler.  Before the deciding penalty there was an argument between the Brentford players about who should take the kick.

O'Connor: "I should have taken it, and I tried.  But never mind.  Respect for Trotta.  He wanted to take it and had the ball.  I couldn't get it out of his hands. Unfortunately, then he missed"

For Doncaster defender, Rob Jones, the argument was decisive.  "I knew they would miss" smiled the Captain.  "Three of them were fighting over the ball and the one who took it had only been on the pitch for a few minutes"

Rovers' Coach Bryan Flynn: " Billy Paynter kneeled in front of me in the coaching area and told me he was praying.  The clearance landed exactly on his foot and then we were 2 against 1 in on goal!"

Promotion goal-scorer, Coppinger's only regret was that in his joyous delirium, he threw his shirt into the fans.  "I would have loved to have kept the shirt to hang on the wall.  It would be great if whoever has the shirt is reading this could please bring it back!"

They've got some things a little out of context, but it's really positive stuff!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012