Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:15:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wednesday Fans  (Read 9435 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Wednesday Fans
« on February 12, 2010, 08:20:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They don't seem happy on their owlstalk forum.  How's about a chant on Tuesday?  'Wave your refunds in the air' whilst waving £5 notes?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re:Wednesday Fans
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2010, 08:23:16 pm by Superspy »
\"if you're rocking a cheap ticket clap your hands...\" lol

Yorkshire Lad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2010, 08:29:09 pm by Yorkshire Lad »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
They don't seem happy on their owlstalk forum.  How's about a chant on Tuesday?  'Wave your refunds in the air' whilst waving £5 notes?

:laugh: That would be so good. Great idea!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2010, 08:54:44 pm by MrFrost »
Are they retarded? They think we've done it because we are just moaning because its too expensive. The fact is they have broken the rules. They charge less in an area of the home end with same facilities. We don't do this, Wednesday do. They should realise this, either reduce the prices in the away end or increase the prices in the home end (as we did).

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2010, 08:58:56 pm by Superspy »
exactly, their argument is \"we paid 23 quid to come to yours, so you should pay similar at ours\".... our argument is \"home and away fans should pay comparible prices...\"

if their home fans were paying 60 quid, we'd expect to pay 60 quid, not 20 odd just because thats what they paid when they came to us...

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2010, 09:01:33 pm by thornerover94 »
Wave your refund in the air
wave your refund in the aiiiirrrr

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2010, 09:09:53 pm by MrFrost »
Superspy wrote:
exactly, their argument is \"we paid 23 quid to come to yours, so you should pay similar at ours\".... our argument is \"home and away fans should pay comparible prices...\"

if their home fans were paying 60 quid, we'd expect to pay 60 quid, not 20 odd just because thats what they paid when they came to us...

Some retard is also banging on about how we only took 600 there last season. Anyone know the official figure? Sure it was over 3000. They are also claiming we charged them more than home fans for their visit to the Keepmoat.

God I hope we stuff them. They are fast becoming my most hated team. Just because of their delusions of grandure. Even Leeds fans arent this bad.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2010, 09:16:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh it's a joy reading yon bleatings.

\"The view from the Leppings Lane Upper Tier is on a par with the North Stand.\"

See, when I first read that, I thought to mesen, have the poor darlings not realised that there are four great big inert blue lumps in your line of vision when you sit in the Leppings Lane Upper Tier...

Insert punchline here...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2010, 09:16:46 pm by MrFrost »
We only took 6000 to Wembley aswell. Oh my sides.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2010, 09:45:24 pm by Superspy »
where are they saying we only took 600 last year and 6k to wembley? i havent seen that.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2010, 09:49:57 pm by MrFrost »
Wembley one is on this thread http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=122792&st=90

Im looking again for the ones that says 600.

Ive tried to register to let them know it was more like 25k we took but their adminstrator wont let me join :)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2010, 09:58:26 pm by Superspy »
wow they really are quite hostile on there arent they :(

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 12, 2010, 10:06:46 pm by MrFrost »
Inbred retards. Jealous that their superior club is now in the shadow of a little pub team that 7 years ago was playing non league football while they were in the Premier League.

I wonder where he gets his figure of 6000 from that we took to Wembley. I also like how it is our cup fina. Such the interest that we've sold less tickets than we have took to a number of places this season.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2010, 11:19:41 pm by JonWallsend »
Out of interest who is it off here going by the name Donny Rover and trying to defend us on the Owlstalk forum?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2010, 11:30:26 pm by MrFrost »
Dunno but the fact he's made reference to the Hilsborough disaster doesn't look good on us.

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2010, 11:31:13 pm by bradford exile »
MrFrost wrote:

I wonder where he gets his figure of 6000 from that we took to Wembley. I also like how it is our cup fina. Such the interest that we've sold less tickets than we have took to a number of places this season.

If..............If.....It was our cup final!!at least we bloody won it.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2010, 11:57:17 pm by Superspy »
MrFrost wrote:
Dunno but the fact he's made reference to the Hilsborough disaster doesn't look good on us.

thats what i thought.

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2010, 12:09:14 am by shaun from thorne »
no need to drag up the past what happened that day should be laid to rest, but the bitterness of the owls fans on there forum is rediculous why don't they just admit that they have been caught red handed trying to fiddle away fans and i hope all the other fans that have gone to swillsborough can claim some money back for there game and put them more in debt.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2010, 12:13:18 am by MrFrost »
I can't be arsed to read any of it now its all turned to the usual gypo and pikey insults anyway! Much more intelligent banter on here!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 13, 2010, 07:30:12 pm by MrFrost »
I see the deluded fowls on fowlstalk are convinced their gonna steamroller us about 5 or 6 nil on Tuesday. Its not a derby game either apparently.

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 13, 2010, 08:49:07 pm by Walkley_owl »
MrFrost wrote:
I see the deluded fowls on fowlstalk are convinced their gonna steamroller us about 5 or 6 nil on Tuesday. Its not a derby game either apparently.

tough game for us Tuesday, it is a South Yorkshire derby but i'll be honest it isn't a big game for me, we have one proper derby and that's United

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 13, 2010, 08:55:27 pm by MrFrost »
So, your a team battling against relegation, against a team a couple of points above you in what is a six pointer and it isn't a big game? I'm not saying were your biggest game, but its hardly a mid table nothing game is it?

For the record, our biggest derby isn't against you either. For me, this season its Scunny.

redflag

« Reply #22 on February 13, 2010, 09:09:17 pm by redflag »
Barnsley is the one for me

Sombrero

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 13, 2010, 09:10:27 pm by Sombrero »
Personally I think all this is going a little too far, i've never had a problem with Wednesday. Tickets were too expensive so they dropped the prices, most clubs would carry on regardless thinking they could do what they wanted, at least they listened to either

a. Rovers fans or
b. The football league

At the end of the day they seem to be doing what they can for their community i.e Childrens hospital sponsorship etc, so why is it suddenly de rigeur to stir it up with the S6 side and their fans?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 13, 2010, 09:12:44 pm by MrFrost »
A quick look at their comments towards us on fowlstalk might answer this. They have a massive chip on their soldiers because they're not the most successful club in area any more, and because we've achieved more in the last 7 years what they have done in the last 20 years, they don't like it so resort to gypo insults and how we have crap support, and how we've pinched their fans etc etc.

Sombrero

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 13, 2010, 09:27:55 pm by Sombrero »
He said, she said.............he started it, no i didn't

Why have we done more in the last 7 years than they have in last 20? I am quite sure they will be jealous of our conference play-off win and beating Hull to the title the year after. They probably celebrated with the rest of the country as Hayter nodded it in at Wembley. We have never finished above them in the league, let's consolidate in this league before we start running around aiming inane comments at other clubs.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 13, 2010, 09:28:59 pm by Savvy »
Sombrero wrote:
Personally I think all this is going a little too far, i've never had a problem with Wednesday. Tickets were too expensive so they dropped the prices, most clubs would carry on regardless thinking they could do what they wanted, at least they listened to either

a. Rovers fans or
b. The football league

At the end of the day they seem to be doing what they can for their community i.e Childrens hospital sponsorship etc, so why is it suddenly de rigeur to stir it up with the S6 side and their fans?

Spot on! We have no beef in S6 so lets leave it that way and let the football do the talking!!

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 13, 2010, 09:29:55 pm by thornerover94 »
Sombrero wrote:

a. Rovers fans or
b. The football league

because its a south yorkshire and a big game for both teams in respect of league positions so really abit of banter on a forum isnt realling hurting anything it will just make for a better atmosphere for both fans at the game thats all i see it as

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 13, 2010, 09:33:37 pm by bobjimwilly »
Sombrero wrote:
He said, she said.............he started it, no i didn't

Why have we done more in the last 7 years than they have in last 20? I am quite sure they will be jealous of our conference play-off win and beating Hull to the title the year after. They probably celebrated with the rest of the country as Hayter nodded it in at Wembley. We have never finished above them in the league, let's consolidate in this league before we start running around aiming inane comments at other clubs.

http://community.footballpools.com/football-reports/achievers/biggest-achievers-and-underachievers
http://www.24dash.com/news/Communities/2008-10-22-Doncaster-Rovers-top-football-over-achievers-league

B)

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 13, 2010, 09:42:20 pm by Walkley_owl »
MrFrost wrote:
So, your a team battling against relegation, against a team a couple of points above you in what is a six pointer and it isn't a big game? I'm not saying were your biggest game, but its hardly a mid table nothing game is it?

For the record, our biggest derby isn't against you either. For me, this season its Scunny.

You misunderstood me, I meant in general I don't consider playing Rovers a \"big game\" Tuesdays game however is given out current league position, as was Blackpool, as will be Ipswich.

As for achieving in the last 20 years, it's not been pretty but in that time :

League Cup winners
3rd in the country
FA & League cup finalists
7th best in country x3

this isn't a dick measuring competition, i'm just saying what we have done, I fully respect Rovers resurrection and wish you well after Tuesday barring Donnyrover82

TinyPortal © 2005-2012