Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:37:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wednesday Fans  (Read 9414 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Wednesday Fans
« Reply #30 on February 13, 2010, 09:42:24 pm by MrFrost »
Sombrero wrote:
He said, she said.............he started it, no i didn't

Why have we done more in the last 7 years than they have in last 20? I am quite sure they will be jealous of our conference play-off win and beating Hull to the title the year after. They probably celebrated with the rest of the country as Hayter nodded it in at Wembley. We have never finished above them in the league, let's consolidate in this league before we start running around aiming inane comments at other clubs.

Yes your right. We should pay Wednesday the respect they deserve. We really shouldn't be talking down to such a big club should we?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 13, 2010, 09:48:03 pm by MrFrost »
An example of a clown on folwstalk:

\"My daughters friends all went to donny today as did most of thier school......free tickets were given out all over the place.....my girl is an owl and we burnt the free ticket at her suggestion......made me well proud she did......told her friends there was no way she was setting foot in that ground unless we were playing there

Conisbrough Northcliffe Comprehensive is the school (new name Dewarenn Academy) and they have over 1000 pupils

Wonder how many more schools in the MASSIVE BOROUGH were free ticketed ?\"

He claims almost all of the 1000 pupils at this school attended the game, as well countless others. They also care that little about us that they actually burned the free ticket and made a point about doing so.

Poor misguided fool

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 13, 2010, 11:13:16 pm by Superspy »
Walkley_owl wrote:

this isn't a dick measuring competition, i'm just saying what we have done, I fully respect Rovers resurrection and wish you well after Tuesday barring Donnyrover82

thank you very much, and believe me when i say im sure there are plenty of rovers fans on here who think donnyrover82 was being a total knob on your forum :)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 14, 2010, 01:07:59 am by CusworthRovers »
Up to 10 SWFC fans on a forum slating Donny hardly represents the views of all the Wednesday fans.

Up to 10 DRFC fans on a forum slating Wednesdays hardly sums up all the Donny fans.

Take it as it is. Banter by a few

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 14, 2010, 01:24:01 am by thornerover94 »
its all good as long as nobody goes too far like donnyrover82 did about the disaster thats just wrong, i like the banter fink its good for the game i am surronded by leeds, blunts, man u, everton, dingles all sorts at work and we are always winding each other up it just adds spice to the game lets hope for a good game tuesday and three points from the fowls thats all we want

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 14, 2010, 02:41:53 pm by MrFrost »
But we're just a little club. They don't care about us. Our attendances are only made up of free tickets to schools anyway. They think that much of us they are proud when their daughter requests a free ticket to be burned. Bless 'em.

Mr Croft

« Reply #36 on February 14, 2010, 04:14:37 pm by Mr Croft »
They keep calling us a Tin Pot club, Tin pot fans, OUR cup final, but who seriously are the fans moaning about attendances because were not fetching many? It was our cup final in league one, when we could finally compete with 'Yorkshire's Finest' and we were beaten that day :(

Since then we just cared about Sheffield Wednesday as a Club that we wanted to beat, we have done that twice in a year, and thus we do not care about them anymore. For me we need to somehow overcome Barnsley's slow but surely domination over us and Destroy Scunthorpe as far as Rivalries go this season, since both our meetings with the Iron have ended 2-2 with the away side leading 2-0, we do need to find a winner as they beat us 2-0 in the last league victory over the 2.

So actually I think its Sheffield wednesday's cup final on Tuesday, not ours. Although I will still love to see us sell out on the day and go a goal down and comeback to slaughter them. Consider it a Bonus if Lewis comes off the bench to score the winner and nuts Sharp in his celebration :)

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 14, 2010, 08:06:50 pm by Woodhead Passer »
They don't seem happy on their owlstalk forum. How's about a chant on Tuesday? 'Wave your refunds in the air' whilst waving £5 notes?

I really love the idea of waving fivers in air, pissing off the wednesday fans  :laugh:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 15, 2010, 01:19:54 am by Superspy »
some of the stuff the wednesday fans are coming out with on their forum at the minute about us is really quite funny, although its nice to see they do have the realistic 1 or 2.

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 15, 2010, 01:26:04 am by thornerover94 »
i was on there the other day i thought it made good reading really kept me entertained for a while, fair enough they are in a good run at the min but they think are unbeatable, some of our fans do but the fowls go to the extreme, it seems they have had abit of company from some rovers fans over the past few days aswell

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 15, 2010, 01:37:17 am by Superspy »
yeah they have, the main thread that struck me was the score predictions, one owl GENUINELY thinks they are going to win 6-0...

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 15, 2010, 01:47:58 am by thornerover94 »
yeah lmao myself i believe it will be tight game and settled by an odd goal hopefully to the rovers if not be happy with a r away form hasnt really the best so lets hope this is an exception

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 15, 2010, 01:52:38 am by donnyjay »
Superspy wrote:
yeah they have, the main thread that struck me was the score predictions, one owl GENUINELY thinks they are going to win 6-0...

That's nothing. I know a wednesdayite who still thinks they're a big club. ;)

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 15, 2010, 01:59:12 am by thornerover94 »
lmao i know of three but they've always lived in the clouds so no surprise really, must have been leeds fans at some point lol

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 16, 2010, 12:45:23 am by MrFrost »
Going back to fowlstalk. The Wednesday fans are now claiming that our population is only 69k, therefore we have a brilliant average attendance in relation to the towns population. Forgive me, but isn't the population of Doncaster nearer 300k?

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 16, 2010, 12:51:58 am by Akinfenwa »
Doncaster - 67,977
Borough of Doncaster - 286,866

According to wiki

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 16, 2010, 12:53:15 am by MrFrost »
I live in Kirk Sandall, which presume is the Borough population of Doncaster. So their argument (however good it sounds) is flawed as I presume Doncaster only covers the town centre areas.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 16, 2010, 07:43:20 am by Superspy »
going back to my earlier post, with our current defensive situation...maybe it will be 6-0 to the owls after all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012