Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:47:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: letter from jr  (Read 4511 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
letter from jr
« on March 01, 2010, 09:18:50 am by bpoolrover »
free season tickets if we go up! not much hope thou

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re:letter from jr
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 09:31:28 am by wing commander »
Is this real,i cannot believe for one minute that JR believes that these prices and the gimmick of a free one will increase sales.JR this will halve them what are you thinking.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 09:37:35 am by DaveDRFC »
My personal view is they should concentrate on getting the points we need to stay up this season. This is a ploy usually used by the teams who come down from the Premier League and have realistic ambitions of getting promoted. Now, I'm as optimistic as the next fan but to me, success for us is just staying in this league. To try to encourage fans to buy a season ticket with a statement like that is ridiculous in my opinion.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 09:42:22 am by Surrey Rover »
bpoolrover wrote:
free season tickets if we go up! not much hope thou

I haven't seen the letter, does it read free season ticket if we get promoted or free season ticket if we get promoted to the premiership?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 09:45:59 am by DaveDRFC »
To quote DROS...

If we make it to the Premiership next season I guarantee we will give you your Premiership Season Ticket FREE.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2010, 09:51:17 am by mpc123 »
Possibly the board have looked at this league and thought well we could go for it next year (playoffs) to be honest we are not far off with a few decent additions in the summer and get rid of some dead wood. Maybe that is the plan who knows.

Obviously we have got to stay up mathmatically this season yet but just maybe next year after 2 seasons of flirting with getting close to the playoffs throughout the seasons the board thinks they can do it.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 09:55:23 am by jonrover »
We go on a winning run in March and people might just be clambering for them! Decent carrot to dangle is that. The only problem is the 7 games in 21 days we have to play. I don't think we have the squad to cope!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2010, 10:12:58 am by Surrey Rover »
I think the club might have waited until the 50 point target had been reached before promotion to the premiership was been talked about next season. I wouldn't imagine SOD would allow the players to assume CCC safety was now achieved as the club stand at the moment, just one of many flaws in the whole affair.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2010, 12:03:15 pm by WheatleyRover »
Well if we ever do make it there even if its just for one season get the money make sure we dont over spend and if relegated be in a strong position back in the championship, the fanbase would go up season ticket sales even if we came back down from the prem the fanbase would be bigger than the previous time we were in the championship, but im must happy to be in this league right now!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2010, 01:24:03 pm by Alan Southstand »
With the budgets we operate at, there's isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we'll go up. We've all on affording decent quality loanees, never mind one or two quality incomings. And that's on top of us acquiring Sharp and Shackell!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2010, 01:31:13 pm by Superspy »
out of interest do we know for definite whether this means if we get promoted this season or next? it could be read either way....

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2010, 04:07:00 pm by roversam »
Alan Southstand wrote:
With the budgets we operate at, there's isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we'll go up. We've all on affording decent quality loanees, never mind one or two quality incomings. And that's on top of us acquiring Sharp and Shackell!
Have you moved seats Alan, its very quiet without you mate  :laugh:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 01, 2010, 04:11:32 pm by wing commander »
Thats like saying to the wife if you dont nag me for three weeks you can have a dishwasher...totally impossible.lol :P

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 01, 2010, 04:51:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
Alan Southstand wrote:

If we do not get our best midfield players in the side, because of injury, we will not finish with the same points has last year. If we continue with the same points per game then we will have enough to stay up. The teams in the bottom three will have to completely turn their form round to achieve more than 50 points.

The loanees have improved the side, whether its Shackell, Ward, Sharp and hopefully Emanuel Thomas, could we sign any of these I doubt it. We would have to really improve our season ticket sales and I cannot see that happening. No progress from the board means no progress with season tickets. If we are spending 6 million in wages then the midfield players who played on Saturday are overpaid.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 01, 2010, 05:45:20 pm by timdrfc »
How can these prices frighten off our loyal support ? My season ticket has gone up £20 [ £420 up to £440 ] things do go up even in a recession.

kyle17balby

« Reply #15 on March 01, 2010, 05:46:51 pm by kyle17balby »
this may mean were keeping maybe the likes of sharp and shackell ... if he is rekoning we can get promoted

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 01, 2010, 05:52:44 pm by timdrfc »
Hoe can people complain about a rise of £20 for the Category A  Adult sesaon ticket?  Things increase even in the worst recession of all time & if we as fans want our club to progress then we have to find the extra £20 !

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 01, 2010, 06:40:43 pm by MrFrost »
Its not the category A thats the problem.
Look at the increase for cat C. Potentially 50% increase. Out of order.
Plus the fact the club released the statement the day they go on sale with no fore warning. Thats what is disgracefull.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2010, 07:37:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
timdrfc wrote:
Hoe can people complain about a rise of £20 for the Category A  Adult sesaon ticket?  Things increase even in the worst recession of all time & if we as fans want our club to progress then we have to find the extra £20 !

Comparing like for like June 1st 2009 to June 1st 2010

Then Cat A £40 or 11% increase. Cat B £40 or 11% increase.
Cat C, which they are aiming to get rid of when you look st the price hike, £120 0r 43% increase.

Now has anybody had a 11% increase in wages, unless your a footballer, this year.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2010, 07:47:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rigoglioso wrote:
To be fair, I can see where John Ryan is coming from. Nobody thought Burnley would get promoted last season.

However, I reckon we've already missed our best chance of promotion to the Premier League and that was last season. We achieved wonderful success in avoiding relegation, but we showed what could have been achieved in the final 23 games by performing like a promotion challenging side. It was the excruciatingly bad run that cost us so dearly.

Burnley bought 2 million pound players and the achieved promotion, we sold two of our best players and never bought a player anywhere near that value.
So to achieve JR pipe dream we should have kept Wellens and Mills, bought Shackell and Sharpe and loaned two good premiership young guns then we may have got close.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 01, 2010, 08:04:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
2.5% is VAT though and inflation sits at 3.5% at the moment, so still an increasae on top, but an increase that isn't so significant is it?  The only mistake is the short time span on the early bird offer, they should and could make it so that it's extended, maybe until the final game of the season, that would be a fair compromise wouldn't it?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 01, 2010, 08:18:03 pm by Wellred »
Forget the 2.5% VAT that is not true. This time last year VAT was at 17.5%

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 01, 2010, 09:08:32 pm by MrFrost »
Try telling people in Cat C its not a significant increase if they dont renew this month!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012