Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:35:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Complain to League  (Read 2213 times)

timdrfc

• Forum Member
Rovers Complain to League
« on March 01, 2010, 05:58:24 pm by timdrfc »
Doncaster Rovers lodge complaint against referee  
Doncaster Rovers have made an official complaint to the Football League about referee Neil Swarbrick.

Ryan is angry that Swarbrick turned down two penalty claims and ruled out two goals against Rovers during the 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Rovers chairman John Ryan told BBC Radio Sheffield:\"The word appalling comes to mind.

\"I've spoken to David Allison, the head of League referees, and told him of my absolute disgust of several decisions.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:Rovers Complain to League
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 06:46:52 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Palace player gets his foot to the ball first (looks like it could be Sharp's left boot on the ball but it isn't). Sharp still on his feet.

Palace player connects with the ball and it's heading away from the penalty area. Sharp still on his feet.

I reckon the ref was 100% correct.  :chair:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 06:48:15 pm by MrFrost »
So JR has spoken to Radio Sheffield about the ref but not abut the uproar on here that the new season ticket scheme has caused?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 07:00:19 pm by bobjimwilly »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
I reckon the ref was 100% correct.  :chair:

\"Since July 2005 FIFA have taken the phrase \"from behind\" out of their laws replacing it with a clause thus: A tackle, which endangers the safety of an opponent, must be sanctioned as serious foul play.\"

So, the question is: if Snods is correct and the player got the ball first, did the tackle endanger the safety of an opponent?

IMO, yes he did.

But, from the ref's POV, if it was a liverpool player, yes it was; but as it was a Donny Rovers player, no? Discuss.  :huh:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 07:06:25 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
uproar?? ...few people on here ....most i speak to have no problem!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2010, 07:30:25 pm by SkellowRover »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Strange because 99% of the people i have spoken too today are angry and feel let down that they have been given only 4 weeks for early bird prices. Price isn't the issue it's the fact the club have failed to give people notice as most we're expecting early bird to last until the end of may. In all my years as a ST holder i have never known it to be the end of march, years ago it was even june/july. It seems that the club don't really want us getting our ST's at the cheaper offer and are just trying to make more money. Pity because it's going to backfire on them.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 08:24:39 pm by bobjimwilly »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

It's more than a few people on here, and most i have spoken to have a problem with it, mainly CAT C STH's and mainly to do with timings and deadlines, ie 1st April. I think by now we all understand your opinion on the matter after your comments the other night?  :blink:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012