Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:21:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers lodge complaint against Saturday's referee  (Read 2633 times)

SOD

• Forum Member
Rovers lodge complaint against Saturday's referee
« on March 01, 2010, 06:02:38 pm by SOD »
From BBC site,

Doncaster Rovers lodge complaint against referee

Doncaster Rovers have made an official complaint to the Football League about referee Neil Swarbrick.

Ryan is angry that Swarbrick turned down two penalty claims and ruled out two goals against Rovers during the 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Rovers chairman John Ryan told BBC Radio Sheffield:\"The word appalling comes to mind.

\"I've spoken to David Allison, the head of League referees, and told him of my absolute disgust of several decisions.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re:Rovers lodge complaint against Saturday's referee
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 08:30:32 pm by Wellred »
John Ryan really does the club no favours by constantly whingeing about referees and assistants.
Refereees will be well aware of his constant carping and it could work against us in future.
Does he never think about the consequences of his outbursts?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 08:35:43 pm by idler »
Didn't seem to do Fergie any harm in the League Cup Final on Sunday, :laugh:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 08:52:01 pm by Donnywolf »
idler wrote:
Didn't seem to do Fergie any harm in the League Cup Final on Sunday, :laugh:

...ditto to that ... and probably because Dowd remembered the quote from Ferguson when he sent off Scholes and Rooney (probably for very good reasons)...well its Phil Dowd what can you expect !

Ferguson and that T**T Warnock make me PUKE. Moan effin Moan effin Moan if as much as a throw in goes against them and what did Warnock say about this f****r this week ?

Overall I think he had a good game , kept on top of things etc etc

Corrupt GETS (Warnock that is) HE/and FERGUSON (PFB) cant have it both ways

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 09:21:04 pm by DonnyNoel »
Last time we complained about a ref (Foy at Hartlepool) wasn't the concensus seemed to be that we got an even shittier end of the stick from refs after that?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 02, 2010, 08:28:29 am by The Red Baron »
I've just seen the highlights on BBC i-player. They showed more than the Football League show although they missed off the second disallowed goal (Hayter looked well offside on the one they did show), the red card that never was and the first penalty shout when Billy was held.

They did show the Jordon Mutch appeal in stoppage time. He is clearly being held by Carle and it was one of those that would be given every time as a free-kick outside the box. However, when the ball breaks, the ball falls to Billy and a Palace defender goes straight through him from behind. A more obvious foul you'll never see- and I missed it because I was looking at the muppet in black and wondering why he hadn't given a pen for the holding on Mutch.

Still- I think giving the ref an earful after the game seems to work far better than going via the official channels and putting in a complaint. My theory is that Saturday's ref was scared of Warnock and what he might say. He won't be worried about the fact that we've complained to his boss- at worst he'll just get told to pull his socks up!

Uhtred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 02, 2010, 02:42:14 pm by Uhtred »
JR is absolutely right in complaining about this refs performance. Look at the BBCs stats. Fouls by Rovers, 11 (??!!!!??) and fouls by Palace 6.

Three of these fouls by Palace were yellow cards, or depending on your feelings one should have been red. Rovers are not a dirty team so how do you justify this marked imbalance in offences.

The ref seemed to have a marked dislike of Billy Sharp, does anyone know of any history.......?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 02, 2010, 03:13:47 pm by bobjimwilly »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can understand why we are complaining about the ref, but I don't believe it will do us any favours at all. Besides, we should have had the game wrapped up and in the bag and never reached the situation where we needed a 93rd minute penalty to win the game, so we only have ourselves to blame for not getting the extra two points.

That said, on the whole the standard of refereeing this season has been absolutely shocking and I've lost count of the amount of times I've been left startled by some officials' incompetence.

Again Rigo, to me you are half right, but we still don't know why Billy Sharps goal was disallowed do we? And no-one seems to want to show the highlights of the incident anywhere. If that had been given, or Palace had been reduced to 10 men early on, it would have been a different game.

...I hate sh*t refs

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 02, 2010, 03:17:56 pm by adge »
neil warnock had no complaints about the ref...i don't see what the fuss is about

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 02, 2010, 03:20:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
adge wrote:
neil warnock had no complaints about the ref...i don't see what the fuss is about

:laugh:

:huh:

:blink:

:ohmy:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012