Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:06:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TalkTalk  (Read 2296 times)

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
TalkTalk
« on October 07, 2011, 05:19:25 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Taking Customer Service back to 1953 :( :( :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: TalkTalk
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2011, 05:25:47 pm by pkt_drfc »
Quote from: \"The Mighty Brian Rowe\" post=189819

I have just cancelled my talkTalk and moved to Sky always had problem all the way through my 18 Month contract

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2011, 05:26:22 pm by pkt_drfc »
Quote from: \"pkt_drfc\" post=189820

I have just cancelled my talkTalk and moved to Sky always had problems all the way through my 18 Month contract

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2011, 05:28:53 pm by RobTheRover »
Was there an echo on the line?

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2011, 05:40:20 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=189824
Was there an echo on the line?

Yes, along with an Indian and a Chinese / Japanese lady.

I've never taken so long confirming my Personal Details.

Hopefully got my £30 back that they owe me though. Gonna find out in the next \"24 to 48 hours\" :cry:

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2011, 06:43:15 pm by donnyproletarian »
Bloke came to door selling something.I could heasr the wife jabbering on trying to say no in her normal diplomatic way while my tea was getting cold.I butted in and seeing his paperwork asked talk talk to which he replied yes.I said NO NO and slammed the door in his face.Thats the way to deal with those robbing bas**rds.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 07, 2011, 11:38:07 pm by Viking Don »
I've just switched to Sky from Virgin Media, albeit reluctantly at first, but now get 18 Mbps broadband (instead of 9) for about half the price I was paying Branson and Co.

Also get to talk to people I can understand when ringing customer services, instead of some geezer in Mumbai who's watched a few episodes of Eastenders.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2011, 11:59:36 pm by Filo »
My Mother is with talktalk and she had a problem with them and asked me to sort it out for them, well, trying to communicate with the call centre staff was near on imposable, 6 months I was trying to sort the problem out with them and in the end I gave up, until I found this talktalk forum http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/ I registered on there as my mother because they`ll only deal with the account holder and the problem was sorted in 3 days!

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 08, 2011, 05:26:41 am by donnyjay »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=189883
I registered on there as my mother

That's how Norman Bates started.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 08, 2011, 06:28:11 am by Nudga »
Quote from: \"donnyjay\" post=189884

He just gets weirderer and weirdererer doesn't he. Next he'll be hiring a dog suit from Widow Tw**kies so he can get stuck into his neighbours dog.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 08, 2011, 10:07:01 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=189886
Quote from: \"donnyjay\" post=189884

He just gets weirderer and weirdererer doesn't he. Next he'll be hiring a dog suit from Widow Tw**kies so he can get stuck into his neighbours dog.
Thanks for the tip mate, you can't beat getting advice from some one thats been there and got the t shirt! ;)

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 08, 2011, 09:12:01 pm by colfromdonny »
I must be the only person not to have problems with Talk Talk and was very sad to recently leave them for a better deal at Virgin

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 08, 2011, 09:40:56 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Yeah Col but I know u love the chance of talking to a ladyboy or two in their Asian call centres :thumbsup:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 09, 2011, 01:06:53 am by RobTheRover »
Why do the asian call centre people insist that they are called \"Peter\" or \"Keith\"?

I'm not going to mock the accent - God knows they can speak English a million times better than I can speak Punjabi - but cant they use their real names?  When they come on the phone and say \"Good afternoon, Sir.  My name is Stephen\" I'm going to ask what his real name is next time.

And on that note, I've also had the \"Hello, My name is Kevin.  I am calling from Windows Support\" scammers on twice this week.  They dont like being rumbled, them lads.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 09, 2011, 08:39:07 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=190034
Why do the asian call centre people insist that they are called \"Peter\" or \"Keith\"?

I'm not going to mock the accent - God knows they can speak English a million times better than I can speak Punjabi - but cant they use their real names?  When they come on the phone and say \"Good afternoon, Sir.  My name is Stephen\" I'm going to ask what his real name is next time.

And on that note, I've also had the \"Hello, My name is Kevin.  I am calling from Windows Support\" scammers on twice this week.  They dont like being rumbled, them lads.

I`ve had them call about 6 times this week telling me there`s a security issue with my windows, I told them my windows were very secure and had good quality locks on them, and no one has broken in yet, he told me to f**k off and hung up! :laugh:

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 09, 2011, 10:10:55 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=190042
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=190034

I`ve had them call about 6 times this week telling me there`s a security issue with my windows, I told them my windows were very secure and had good quality locks on them, and no one has broken in yet, he told me to f**k off and hung up! :laugh:

Next time tell him your windows were personally recommended by the great Ted Moult himself (one for the oldies :) )

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 09, 2011, 04:27:09 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"pkt_drfc\" post=189820

I have just cancelled my talkTalk and moved to Sky always had problem all the way through my 18 Month contract

Out of the frying pan into the fire then?!?!

So glad I dumped Sky for Virgin Media...better speeds, cheaper and more channels for the same money....no brainer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012