Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:53:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Xbox 360 - help/advice wanted!!  (Read 3442 times)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Xbox 360 - help/advice wanted!!
« on November 05, 2011, 10:17:50 am by craigdrfc »
Got given an Xbox last Xmas by the missus after complaining that i missed the gaming days of my youth (not so quietly yarning back the glory days of pac-man, pitfall, space invaders and missile command on the original Atari!!)....and have probabily only turned it on twice since!!

Last time i actively 'gamed' was back in the PS1 days when i got addicted to Resident Evil 2 and Tiger Woods golf.

Can any of the active gamers out there recommend some good games for the Xbox to get myself 'into it' again??....although have no real interest in on-line gaming.

...and when did games get as expensive as 40-50quid a pop!!! :ohmy:

Cheers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ten Mile Banker

• Forum Member
Re: Xbox 360 - help/advice wanted!!
« Reply #1 on November 05, 2011, 11:09:15 am by Ten Mile Banker »
It's all about the online gaming these days Craig, I can thoroughly recommend battlefield 3.

bessacarrover

« Reply #2 on November 05, 2011, 11:19:12 am by bessacarrover »
Some good games that I've played are battlefield 3,rage,medal of honour. But if you like football games fifa 12 is good.

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 05, 2011, 02:23:42 pm by george-friend »
I'd recommend geting the xbox chipped/flashed so you can then get games for £2/3 although you cannot go online once chipped,i don't use online personally.

Fifa 12 is good and yo might like PES 12 too although i prefer fifa.
The new Modern warfare is out. (Worth a go)
I also like Saints Row 2,3 is out in december.
I enjoyed playing the \"saw\" game too,very puzzling and only about £15-20

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 05, 2011, 02:27:19 pm by RedJ »
I can't recommend individual games (as I now only really play PC games) but when I used to bother with consoles, eBay was always the first place I looked for new games. You can get some really good games for a very reasonable price on there.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 05, 2011, 03:02:12 pm by jucyberry »
Microsoft are really good at replacing your console if it goes tits up...IF you haven't chipped it. If you have then you will be screwed.... Perhaps something to think about because even tho the prices are going down, it's still a hefty layout if you snooker yourself by chipping a machine that then negates it's warranty.

Red or Dead redemption is a good game, Getting old now, but Adam hasn't traded it in , so I know it's ok..

Dark souls seems to be ok too, it's a big game and hard too..

The sonic games are always good too, the graphics are incredible..Ty loves sonic, he also has Cars 2..Keeps him quiet for a quite along time..lol

Ohh and don't forget, Tomb Raider is on the xbox too..  :woot:

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 05, 2011, 06:42:48 pm by billdoor »
You need to go online. Try it for a month,and i'm sure you'll be converted.
There is nothing better than shooting some unsuspecting american with a sniper rifle,then watching his head splat. Or scoring against a Spanard on fifa.

Because you have'nt played very much. Why not buy games that have just gone out of the charts. Used games are cheaper. Try Any COD,battlefield 2(£15),fifa 11(£11),fallout is good offline(£15),f1 2011(£11) or forza 3(£15) are top driving games.

Try CEX shop in town

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 07, 2011, 11:06:51 am by RobTheRover »
Get Uncharted3.

Oops, silly me. You got an xbox360 and not a ps3.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 07, 2011, 11:18:54 am by keyser_soze »
I find the games these days (single player MW etc) are a lot more like interactive movies, where you're roughly dragged through the game in order to progress the storyline, and can die as much as you want and go back to the same slot. Nowhere near as playable as the games in the 'good old days', when you had 3 lives to get you through the whole game and every time you died you had to go back to the start.

Online or playing your mates is where its at, so long as you don't mind being soundly thrashed and sworn at by spotty teenagers whose voices haven't broken yet.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 07, 2011, 11:46:29 am by silent majority »
If you don't want to go on-line then games such as the Fallout series, Batman Arkham Asylum, and possible Assassins Creed are all good.

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 07, 2011, 12:04:11 pm by pkt_drfc »
I have a PS3 play online mostly i play the Call Of Duty really but sometimes i play football online but get my arse kicked i am talking 7-0 and even reached double figures once . Call Of Duty however i am decent at it is pretty funny when you have kids barely out of nappies shouting down the mic at you calling you a cheat.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 07, 2011, 12:07:24 pm by jucyberry »
Just registered adams old xbox on line for a repair ....Because it is a few  years out of the warrenty, (it's around 5 years old and has already had the ring of death and been sorted out for free about four years ago) we have to pay a fee... if they cannot repair it they will send out a reconditioned one for ......£65.

Not bad at all really when you think of the price of a new one is it? Now he just has to find the cash to get it done..lol.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 07, 2011, 12:22:57 pm by RobTheRover »
My young sons play Burnout Paradise a lot (great game, by the way), but I dont let them have online play on their accounts.  After much badgering I agreed to by the Cops and Robbers expansion pack which has to be played online, so they logged in as my account to do it.

Within minutes they had some mexican bloke (old enough to know better) calling them \"douchebag\" and \"f**king pussy\" because they were better than him and kept pinching the cash off him before he could get back to his base.  They didnt understand, just liked whupping this guys butt, so after they finished playing I took over and made this guys life hell, smashing into him every 5 seconds, until he blocked me from playing in his games! lol

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 07, 2011, 12:31:02 pm by pkt_drfc »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=197493
My young sons play Burnout Paradise a lot (great game, by the way), but I dont let them have online play on their accounts.  After much badgering I agreed to by the Cops and Robbers expansion pack which has to be played online, so they logged in as my account to do it.

Within minutes they had some mexican bloke (old enough to know better) calling them \"douchebag\" and \"f**king pussy\" because they were better than him and kept pinching the cash off him before he could get back to his base.  They didnt understand, just liked whupping this guys butt, so after they finished playing I took over and made this guys life hell, smashing into him every 5 seconds, until he blocked me from playing in his games! lol

Lol i have had it people telling me i am too old to be playing Black ops that 1 is a pearler as the game is an 18 . But some people do get too involved and start swearing alot down the mic . Did you report him by the way Rob i would have they get put on a monitoring list and finally get banned if they keep offending people

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 07, 2011, 12:36:51 pm by RobTheRover »
Nah, just made the next half hour of his gaming life a complete misery!  I thought his head was gonna pop at one point, he sounded like he was reading from Roger's Profanisaurus

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 07, 2011, 01:06:36 pm by keyser_soze »
Some little t**t trounced me 6-0 on Fifa (got a tendancy to lose discipline when losing), and sent me a PM saying ' take the game back to the shop mate, you can still get some money back'

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 07, 2011, 01:25:59 pm by drfcdrfc »
Gears of War 1,2 & 3.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 10, 2011, 07:47:40 pm by MachoMadness »
The Gears of War series is very good, as are Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas - those two are a bit slower paced but you can sink hours into them without realising and they're worth it for the soundtracks alone.

Also the new Arkham City is excellent. If you're after the best games, have a look on metacritic.com to see the top reviewed games out at the moment.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 11, 2011, 12:01:28 am by drfcdrfc »
Quote from: \"pkt_drfc\" post=197495
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=197493

Lol i have had it people telling me i am too old to be playing Black ops that 1 is a pearler as the game is an 18 . But some people do get too involved and start swearing alot down the mic . Did you report him by the way Rob i would have they get put on a monitoring list and finally get banned if they keep offending people

Grass.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 11, 2011, 10:51:12 am by sedwardsdrfc »
fallout 3, skyrim, call of duty mw3, fallout is a bit old now but still quality

TinyPortal © 2005-2012