Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:58:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MPs' Expenses bloodfest  (Read 4667 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
MPs' Expenses bloodfest
« on February 09, 2010, 12:51:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just seen some figure to the effect that the inquiry into MPs' expenses has cost £1.1million, and has found that in total, MPs have overclaimed by £1.2million.

Good economics eh? We've found that one or two t**ts have had their fingers in the till, and the net effect of finding this out has saved us an average of 0.1p for each person in the country.

Mind, I'll bet the press that whipped us all up into a froth over this have made a few bob more.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re:MPs' Expenses bloodfest
« Reply #1 on February 09, 2010, 09:43:47 am by CusworthRovers »
Hopefully it will stop this expenses claiming by highlighting it as such, then again, once the dust settles, it might happen again.

There are 4 to be suspended from their parties, possibly prosecuted, maybe jailed for false accounting and bummed raggedy.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 09, 2010, 01:17:55 pm by BLIR »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Just seen some figure to the effect that the inquiry into MPs' expenses has cost £1.1million, and has found that in total, MPs have overclaimed by £1.2million.

Good economics eh? We've found that one or two t**ts have had their fingers in the till, and the net effect of finding this out has saved us an average of 0.1p for each person in the country.

Mind, I'll bet the press that whipped us all up into a froth over this have made a few bob more.

I'm sure that there are plenty within the press that have earned a good few quid on the back of this. However, your statistics, whilst I'm sure are correct, are misleading.

What about the future cost had this not been addressed now? Greedy MP's would have continued to effectively steal additional income for years to come, the £1.2m discovered so far could easily have increased tenfold in the next decade.

Not massive amounts in the overall scheme of governmental economics, but sill a substantial saving - assuming this does act as a deterrant for MP's in the future?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 09, 2010, 01:54:44 pm by River Don »
It also clearly shows that well over half of them were on the take, many of them won't stand again, some will get voted out and hopefully these four crooked vultures will spend time at her majesties pleasure. Though I suspect they'll avoid it.

Money well spent in my opinion.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2010, 02:10:32 pm by CusworthRovers »
Avoiding it seems a good one. It seems they might invoke some historic parliamentary law that basically allows people to say/do what they want and be free from prosecution, as it was all said/done in the hallowed grounds of Parliament.

It's a bit like when you go away with the boys and there is always the pledge that 'what go's off there, will stay there' ie if you've ended up rimming a goat, and possibly may want to keep it a secret

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 09, 2010, 02:17:19 pm by Filo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Avoiding it seems a good one. It seems they might invoke some historic parliamentary law that basically allows people to say/do what they want and be free from prosecution, as it was all said/done in the hallowed grounds of Parliament.

It's a bit like when you go away with the boys and there is always the pledge that 'what go's off there, will stay there' ie if you've ended up rimming a goat, and possibly may want to keep it a secret

You get up to some strange things on your boys holidays cussy, but then again you are from the swamplands of Thorne, where pretty much anything goes  ;)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 09, 2010, 02:23:18 pm by CusworthRovers »
Back in the day I was in The Peacock in Stainy. I'd gone for a quick gypsies, when I heard some Stainy fella in trap 1, in what appeared to be teaching his son to masturbate.

Son 'Dad this is f**king easy and it's great too'
Dad 'I know son, and when you're older you can use your own cock'

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #7 on February 10, 2010, 08:56:43 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
The high cost is in effect due to the grace and favour patronage system the mps put in place themselves so it is hardly surprising.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2010, 01:33:56 pm by River Don »
So the solution is to set up an expenses body at the cost of... £6.6 million!

If 646 MPs submit one expense claim per month thats 7,752 claims to check per year. Spread this between the 80 staff they are employing and they have less than 100 claims to check in a WHOLE YEAR or UNDER TWO PER WEEK.

They must be doing a very thorough job.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012