Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:22:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hansen Shearer & co, are they worth it?  (Read 3728 times)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Hansen Shearer & co, are they worth it?
« on February 15, 2010, 08:36:07 am by jucyberry »
after the threads debating the continued lack of media support for Rovers, (because from what I have seen, when I trot upstairs and put calendar on to catch their also meagre coverage of our games)I found this rather interesting.

It would seem that it costs the beeb two grand a week to transport their stars to the match of the Day studios...all the cash these men earn wouldn't it be good if they found their own way down? or are they so precious and removed from reality that they have to be taxied?

But I have to say, the thing that shocked me most was the number of comments from Daily mail readers, (a revolting bunch with the sourest minds I have read anywhere)who quite gleefully confess to breaking the law by not buying a tv licence..........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1251065/Waste-Day-How-BBC-squanders-2-000-week-taxis-ferry-Alan-Shearer-Co-home-Match-Day.html

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
Re:Hansen Shearer & co, are they worth it?
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2010, 08:48:47 am by Old Popsider »
How the other half live eh. Probably have to get a taxi as they will probably have been on the Corporate sherbert after spouting their weekly drivel.

Make them get a train, first class if they don't want to talk to the great unwashed, on a season ticket. Far cheaper than this waste of taxi money.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2010, 09:40:48 am by CusworthRovers »
How about they do what the rest of the nation do.....make their own way to work on their own money.

If they don't like it, then give them a months pay, tell them to do one and get some new ex-pro's in. There are enough ex players with great character/knowledge out there, who are probs in dire need of a few bob.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2010, 09:53:19 am by jucyberry »
Or hire real supporters to comment, there are many out there far more articulate and just as knowledgable about the game .. It would at least keep things fresh and lets face it, they wouldn't be divaish and wanting taxis I would think.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012