Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:40:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Keegan  (Read 1988 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Paul Keegan
« on November 28, 2012, 09:58:08 am by ravenrover »
After a ropey first half, particularly his passing, I thought he had a very effective 2nd half and for most of it, and for most watching I'm guessing, went un-noticed. However he was the one who broke up a lot of their play just in front of the back 4 and started playing the simple ball. A quiet but very effective performance, gets a well done from me. JMHO

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Keegan
« Reply #1 on November 28, 2012, 10:00:14 am by DonnyNoel »
I too thought he made a lot of timely interceptions, particularly after Harper went off and Syers pushed on. I see Keegan, Harper and Clingan as quite similar in terms of them being more holding players (which as I've said on other threads has surprised me re Harper) so hopefully Syers can blossom into the ideal foil for one or two of them.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 28, 2012, 10:11:26 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Not a Championship winning player but does the ugly things quite well?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 28, 2012, 10:17:39 am by DonnyNoel »
Not a Championship winning player but does the ugly things quite well?

Theres certainly a place for him in a three man midfield but yes, I would think if we're looking to develop a 442 it will be Clingan in the holding role. That said, Saunders has spoken well of Keegan since he first got to the club and renewed his contract even when injured.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 28, 2012, 10:25:12 am by hoolahoop »
Imo what he lacks in quality , he more than makes up for in grit and graft. He had a good game overall..well done PK.  :)

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 28, 2012, 02:53:15 pm by albie »
I think Keegan is one yellow away from a suspension, so unless he can make it to January when the slate is wiped clean, he will have to sit out a game.

Sometimes you only realise the value of someone when they are not there.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 28, 2012, 03:43:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
Paul Keegan was the best of the three centre midfield players after Martin Woods went off. Sorry Dean we cannot play those three together if we expect to win games. Two and a attacking midfielder is ok. If Martin Woods injury is serious then left side midfield player from with in the squad is required.
We could play McCombe if fit on Saturday and then
Tommy left back with James Husband left midfield.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 28, 2012, 03:56:31 pm by dickos1 »
Paul Keegan was the best of the three centre midfield players after Martin Woods went off. Sorry Dean we cannot play those three together if we expect to win games. Two and a attacking midfielder is ok. If Martin Woods injury is serious then left side midfield player from with in the squad is required.

They played yesterday and we won

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 28, 2012, 04:05:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Being pedantic we scored after Harper went off and an attacking midfield player Syers came on. Sub 63 mins scored 69 mins.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 28, 2012, 04:22:54 pm by dickos1 »
So lets start with them 3 and then the game gets stretched bring an attacking midfield player on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 28, 2012, 04:23:08 pm by Filo »
I think Keegan is one yellow away from a suspension, so unless he can make it to January when the slate is wiped clean, he will have to sit out a game.

Sometimes you only realise the value of someone when they are not there.

So the sensible thing to do is pick a yellow up in the cup game on Saturday, and then miss the JPT game on Tuesday

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 28, 2012, 05:28:22 pm by RedJ »

One, we won, and two, we hardly had loads of choice in the matter.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012