Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:31:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The forgotten man  (Read 5406 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
The forgotten man
« on November 12, 2016, 01:26:28 pm by ravenrover »
Wonder why it is that ATS seems to be our forgotten man? On the preview of the Exeter game Lund and McCullough are noted as being our only long term injuries?
On several posts on the forum again he is forgotten when people talk about our lack of defenders due to injury. I know some of the Black Bank embarrassed themselves with the abuse they gave him when he came off injured last season as they did with Etheridge this season but that surely isn't the feeling of everyone on this forum is it?
He may not be the best left back we have ever had but he is still a Rovers player, injured or otherwise, isn't he?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: The forgotten man
« Reply #1 on November 12, 2016, 01:43:43 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't know why he doesn't get mentioned. He was representing the club at some function this week and I often see his motor (with personalised number plate) in the car park on match days.

He should be back in training after Christmas if he's on schedule so we may know more then. I have a feeling he'll be sent out on loan once he's fit again.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 12, 2016, 02:32:16 pm by donnievic »
He was there watching last week at Oldham

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 12, 2016, 05:11:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i'd forgotten Mcsheffrey existed

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 12, 2016, 05:16:53 pm by goalkick »
Taking him a long time to get fit.wonder what state of play is.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 12, 2016, 06:08:02 pm by bedale rover »
Taking him a long time to get fit.wonder what state of play is.

Knacked his knee
Takes time

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 12, 2016, 08:21:41 pm by jonnydog »
ATS will piss this league when he gets back.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 12, 2016, 08:23:58 pm by donnievic »
i'd forgotten Mcsheffrey existed
he was also at Oldham on bench before game with knee brace still on

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 12, 2016, 08:46:59 pm by Chris Black come back »

You smoking something good there bro.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 12, 2016, 08:53:22 pm by jonnydog »

You smoking something good there bro.

You mark my words, he'll bring dimensions to the team that even DF's dad could only dream about. His presence will spark the push from top 3 contender to champions!!!

#Munchies

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 12, 2016, 09:35:33 pm by BigH »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 12, 2016, 10:31:55 pm by drfchound »
If ATS ever gets back in our team it is nailed on that the first time he makes a bad pass or misses a tackle he will get the abuse again.
As has been said, ok he isn't the best left back we have ever had but he always gave it 100%.
Some of the stuff aimed at him last season was disgusting.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:45:59 pm by drfchound »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 12, 2016, 10:36:58 pm by idler »
If or when he gets back it might be like a new start for him.
He might even get some confidence playing at this level.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 12, 2016, 11:08:52 pm by jonnydog »
If ATS ever gets back in our team it is nailed on that the first time he makes a bad pass or misses a tackle he will get the abuse again.
As has been said, ok he isn't the best left back we have ever had but he always gave it 100%.
Some of the stuff aimed at him last season was disgusting.

Agree with this, he had some poor performances last season, but then SO DID ALL THE REST OF THE TEAM!!!

I am confident he will bring something positively different down that side, and also has the ability to get the old goal here and there.

Please don't crucify him for the odd lousy performance after xmas, he'll need game time, AND confidence. But I reckon he'll prove a few wrong on here.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 13, 2016, 02:24:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I hope his rehab is going well and he can come back into the squad and show a lot of supporters they were wrong about him. A young guy and not great to get such a bad injury. He's one of our players he deserves our support.
I'm sure even those who haven't rated him wouldn't wish him ill will. It's a hard battle coming back from those type of injuries it will make him mentally tough if he can work his way through it.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 13, 2016, 06:52:13 am by tommy toes »
Prior to his injury I thought he was improving fast. I had him as MOM in one game, can't remember which now.
He made some great last ditch clearances in that game.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 13, 2016, 08:05:38 am by Copps is Magic »
Some revisionist history going on here. The fact is ATS was a near ever present in a side that got relegated. And deserved to be relegated. He was part of a defence which, in my time watching rovers at least, had THE worst distribution from the back. Never mind looking like conceding every game, which it did. We now know that as the Fergie way. ATS threw himself about at the Burton and got injured as a result. I bet a few were watching that on the telly and got the impression he was an half decent player.

No Rovers player deserves abuse but they should expect fair criticism because that is their job. I would love ATS to come back and make me look a cock.

(the OP of this thread also needs a re-think. Etheridge got abuse at Accrington AWAY and at the home game he made the mistakes it was 90% of the SS throwing abuse at him not just the BB. This long running thing of attributing everything bad in the crowd to the BB really needs to stop)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 13, 2016, 08:28:40 am by jonnydog »
Fair criticism is not a bad thing CiM, if it is done correctly and by the right people, and through the proper channels.

However, IMO the attitudes not only on here, but also in the KMS is that there HAS to be a scapegoat all of the time... but why? One bad performance should be dissected and then we move on to the next game, but this just doesn't seem to happen to specific players here. This is something which was (last year) down to frustrations as a collective team of shite performances. But this year we are third, playing (generally) well with a collection of injuries and struggles and yet fans insist on knocking players confidence the first time they do something wrong. ATS should be welcomed back with a clean slate and the opportunity over a set time to prove us wrong - just like every player and manager at the start of this season! The same for Etheridge too who is also getting tarred with the same brush, you could see his confidence was knocked for shit that last game.

I agree too though that it is not just the BB at the KM, it's widespread. Just like the applauding/cheering when players get subbed on a bad performance. We can't all have perfect days at the office!!

Can't we all just get along :(

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 13, 2016, 10:33:59 am by roversdude »
I'll be honest - I couldn't understand how he got a shirt every week, that said I have never wished harm on the guy, hope he can get fit soon and either give us another option or resume his career elsewhere
Impressed that he is still interested enough to tag along, don't know if he still lives over the border in Lancashire but regardless it takes some getting about

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 13, 2016, 11:12:21 am by Lesonthewest »
The lad looks the part, quite strong, athletic & good going forward, but when he's bad he's bad. Still think there is a good footballer in there though. Will be another body for us when fit.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 13, 2016, 03:50:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
ATS is in Nandos with Evina if anyone wanted to give him a hug.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 16, 2016, 12:09:06 pm by ravenrover »
Sorry if I got that wrong, I thought that the South Stand was no longer referred to as that since the formation of The Black Bank. How do we distinguish between members of The Black Bank and other supporters in The South Stand?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 16, 2016, 12:13:37 pm by silent majority »
The South Stand is still the South Stand. The BB is the collective name for the singing section. You can be in the SS without being part of the BB.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 16, 2016, 12:21:17 pm by ravenrover »
Thank you SM

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 16, 2016, 12:35:38 pm by Copps is Magic »
You're over thinking it. The ratio of moron to civilian is broadly similar in all parts of the ground.

See, claiming the kid who nearly got banned for running on the pitch at Burton after Keegan scored following a chant that started before the BB was even formed, and then blaming it on the BB, is nonsensical (I haven't forgot that one). As is anything at an away game really - like Accrington where Etheridge received abuse from a couple of guys who I've not seen at a rovers game before or after. Then 90% of the ground are shouting expletives at Etheridge and it's the BB embarrassing themselves again?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 16, 2016, 01:17:01 pm by bobjimwilly »
You've gone from 90% of the south stand to 90% of the ground? You sound rather over-protective over something that doesn't need protecting?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 16, 2016, 07:25:45 pm by ravenrover »
You're over thinking it. The ratio of moron to civilian is broadly similar in all parts of the ground.

See, claiming the kid who nearly got banned for running on the pitch at Burton after Keegan scored following a chant that started before the BB was even formed, and then blaming it on the BB, is nonsensical (I haven't forgot that one). As is anything at an away game really - like Accrington where Etheridge received abuse from a couple of guys who I've not seen at a rovers game before or after. Then 90% of the ground are shouting expletives at Etheridge and it's the BB embarrassing themselves again?

Do the words sorry if I got that wrong mean anything?
Assuming you are referring to me CiM can you point me in the direction of that one?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 17, 2016, 03:45:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Prior to his injury I thought he was improving fast. I had him as MOM in one game, can't remember which now.
He made some great last ditch clearances in that game.

I remember it but not the opponent. I do remember him having that great game all of a sudden after a lot of poor ones. I do think for many he was the 'seasonal scapegoat' but he also deserved some criticism for his performances.
He wasn't on his own in not doing well we had almost a full team doing the same at different times. He deserves a second chance when fit to prove he is good enough if not then he will move on. Football a lot of your game is based on the confidence you have. His must have been rock bottom for many months.
He hadn't played much football in England before he joined us, it was mainly in Scotland where he played and it is a bit of a jump in quality from where he came from.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012