Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:17:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swiss 36, No. 16 - Stade de Genève  (Read 971 times)

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
Swiss 36, No. 16 - Stade de Genève
« on December 25, 2012, 03:28:09 pm by FuzzyDuck »
http://fuzzyrovers.blogspot.ch/2012/12/swiss-36-no-16-stade-de-geneve-sevette.html?m=1

Seasons Greetings Everybody!

There's the latest Swiss 36 article - enjoy  :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Swiss 36, No. 16 - Stade de Genève
« Reply #1 on December 26, 2012, 01:23:20 am by BobG »
Many thanks FD!

When you've finished the Swiss 36, what's next?  Any plans? How far are you from cubs in mid to south eastern France for example? Or northern Italy? The San Siro! Lol) South German clubs p'raps?

Cheers and thanks once again

BobG

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2012, 08:04:02 am by FuzzyDuck »
Hey Bob - seasons greetings!

There's another Swiss 36 article in the can (so to speak).  I've just got to get my arse into gear and write it!  Swiss footy is on it's winter break at the mo an starts again in February.

I've got an idea of a series after Swiss 36 and you're not far off.  The series will be called "only a train-ride away" and will take in some very interesting places as well as some familiar ones that you have mentioned.

I've also got a hankering to cover the Liechtenstein Cup - I think it's about the size of the Hallamshire cup but with Europa League qualification at stake.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2012, 09:39:20 am by sheffield exile1 »
My mate lives in Helmond, southern Holland, and it cost 9 euros to get in, and i got a seat for that. They are massively in the shadow of PSV Eindhoven. In the play offs last year for the Eredivsie but blew it (think they would have had the same problem as Gillingham in the 1999 Man City play off final) ground capacity is about 5,000. Funny thing with Europe, Spain is similar, take away the top tier and the gulf is massive as i have seen FC Torrevieja, the adopted team for UK ex-pats on that costa, whose support is 90% lower league fans, who live locally (Bristol Rovers, Brentford etc). So, hope you enjoy your Swiss tour, i fancied seeing Ferencvaros when in Budapest, but they weren't playing but apparently a lot of that part of E Europe is still in Millwall mode i hear, (Probably not wise to wear a Honved shirt with Puskas on the back then, available in Budapest market).
Really pleased you embarked on this mission, please keep us all posted.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 26, 2012, 12:19:42 pm by FuzzyDuck »
I've found a better deal than that Sheffield - 10 Swiss Francs for a seat.  Excellent value and the club in question doesn't really have any competition near by either, though they are third flight in Switzerland.

I'm finding exactly the same as you.  Below the top flight (indeed the top 5 clubs or so) the size of the club drops hugely.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012