Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:19:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barca Real  (Read 3423 times)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Barca Real
« on November 29, 2010, 10:47:54 pm by The L J Monk »
Cracking football from Barca but Guardiola is an absolute joke. The Spanish game is bad enough for players feigning injury at the hint of any contact, but now the managers are at it. Ronaldo gives him a little push in the arm...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvIGiKD-1c[/video]

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
Re:Barca Real
« Reply #1 on November 30, 2010, 10:02:53 am by Dimples-D »
What? There was no over reaction from Guardiola...

How nice was it to see those two smug baskets Ronaldo and Mourinho get a tonking..
Ronaldo had said in the Spanish press after Barca had scored 8 last week.. \"Let's see them try and put 8 past us.\"

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 30, 2010, 10:27:58 am by DonnyNoel »
As a fully paid up member of the \"I don't look forward to anything as it's all overhyped rubbish\" club I have to say last night was one of the best one sided games I've ever seen. Barca were simply amazing, imagine our passing but 3 or 4 gears quicker. For all the praise he gets for dribbling the passes Messi were playing inside the hapless Real fullbacks were out of this world.

Perhaps being a Rovers fan helped me enjoy it more as I could see where the passes were going as the triangles formed but the movement and comfort on the ball was a joy to behold.

Yes there were the usual bits of cynical fouling and pathetic over-reactions to some incidents but it didn't really affect the flow of the game.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 30, 2010, 10:40:39 am by The L J Monk »
Dimples-D wrote:

How nice was it to see those two smug baskets Ronaldo and Mourinho get a tonking..
Ronaldo had said in the Spanish press after Barca had scored 8 last week.. \"Let's see them try and put 8 past us.\"

Caught him in the face did he?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2010, 11:15:09 am by bobjimwilly »
The L J Monk wrote:
Dimples-D wrote:

I don't think he was holding his face mate, just giving his head a scratch?  :S

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2010, 11:50:14 am by The L J Monk »
What offence would you have sent Ronaldo off for?

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2010, 11:57:15 am by DRFCSouth »
Thought Messi could have stayed on his feet but then it typifies modern day players. They seem to want to get each other in trouble (Doesn't excuse the elbow).Guardiola did seem to be touching his face as well, must be a rogue itchy mole.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 30, 2010, 11:59:54 am by The L J Monk »
Are you referring to the Guardiola incident Rigo? If you think that's a red card offence for Ronaldo then your interpretation of the laws of the game seems somewhat obscure.

Ramos however was rightly sent off for hacking down Messi, and then went on to produce a good example of what \"raising your hands\" means, when he shoved Puyol in the face.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 30, 2010, 12:02:40 pm by DRFCSouth »
Puyol went down like a sack of sh*t as well. The ref would have sent Ramos off anyway, without Puyol doing the dying swan act.Again, doesn't condone Ramos' actions.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 30, 2010, 12:09:27 pm by MrFrost »
Rigoglioso wrote:
The L J Monk wrote:
What offence would you have sent Ronaldo off for?

Raising his hads to an opponent. Exactly the same reason for Carvalho as well.

Give up man he pushed him. Football is turning into a right faggots sport.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 30, 2010, 12:11:46 pm by The L J Monk »
DRFCSouth wrote:
Puyol went down like a sack of sh*t as well. The ref would have sent Ramos off anyway, without him doing the dying swan act.

Agreed, Puyol should have stayed on his feet as well.

I was suprised Pepe didn't wade in at some point, given his previous contributions...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKt4IBxD5oo[/video]

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 30, 2010, 12:18:21 pm by DRFCSouth »
It's the underlying deviousness what's the issue. Players go into games playing on the edge, knowing one 'fall' in the right place could win them the game. Drogba is another prime example, who can be strong as an Ox round the area but at other times turns into a noodle body. You have to wonder whether its put in their mind or not. Players like Nani and Ronaldo, you have to wonder what their team mates think of them at times. It's not worth ruining your own contract for, maybe. It doesn't take away, however what is a red card offence.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 30, 2010, 01:04:40 pm by Dimples-D »
The L J Monk wrote:
Dimples-D wrote:

Out of one of the best displays of football ever, you pick out an incident with Ronaldo pushing someone as a stand out moment... Not flushed out a closet Manc here have we?
What made you pick out that moment?

Would this topic not be more suited to talking about a master class in passing football.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 30, 2010, 01:49:14 pm by The L J Monk »
Taking your last point first, seen as I started the topic with a post about the Guardiola incident I don't think the it would be more suited to discussing a \"master class in passing football\". If that had been my objective I expect I could have cobbled together a few lines in that respect.

Regarding your Manc query - I'm still trying to work out where you're coming from. A particularly bizarre comment from someone who has outlined in their original post that Mourinho and Ronaldo are \"two smug baskets\". My post was anti-Guardiola, yours was anti-Ronaldo and anti-Mourinho. Who sounds like they have more deep-seated Mancunian affiliations of the red variety? Jose's back-to-back titles must have stung.

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 30, 2010, 02:24:27 pm by fudgepacker »
The L J Monk wrote:
DRFCSouth wrote:
Puyol went down like a sack of sh*t as well. The ref would have sent Ramos off anyway, without him doing the dying swan act.

Agreed, Puyol should have stayed on his feet as well.

I was suprised Pepe didn't wade in at some point, given his previous contributions...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKt4IBxD5oo[/video]

wow, I like his style. The striker did go down a little easy!!

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 30, 2010, 02:55:18 pm by Dimples-D »
Dude what was your point in highlighting the Ronnie push?
Didn't Puyol and Messi go down a little too easy. Why the Ronnie incident?
Just curious?

I have Barca bias by the way as my son was born close to Barcelona and is a Yorkshire-Catalan.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 30, 2010, 03:02:53 pm by The L J Monk »
May I refer my learned friend to my opening post. My point is \"The Spanish game is bad enough for players feigning injury at the hint of any contact, but now the managers are at it\".

We all know Messi, Puyol, Ronaldo etc dive around, but I'm of the opinion that Guardiola, a manager, has adopted a similar approach as well. Furthermore I believe it is symptomatic of the pathetic path that modern football finds itself wandering down.

Still, the Germans were the pioneers...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7RPnWRkIE&feature=related[/video]

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 30, 2010, 03:08:53 pm by Curious Orange »
Reckon there should be more of the Pepe justice dished out in the game: \"Oh no, did my tapping you lightly on the back foul you? Well here's an extra kick or two just to confirm that you've actually been fouled\".

On a similarish note, a couple of weeks ago at Portsmouth I experienced mixed emotions when Dumbuya was dragged off the pitch by a Pompey player when he went down injured late on. I was annoyed it was our player being manhandled, but part of me thought that's a great idea! To be honest, instead of ball boys they should employ burly bouncers to drag 'injured' players off the pitch. That'll put an end to all this rolling around and attention seeking. Or alternatively we could just go for the boring but practical measures taken in rugby to treat people on the pitch while play continues.

Last night's match was sublime and ridiculous. All the best and worst things about where professional football has got to. Amazing athleticism and one touch passing, some great goals, but then silly melees and feigned injuries.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 30, 2010, 03:09:31 pm by Dimples-D »
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 30, 2010, 03:15:08 pm by The L J Monk »
Dimples-D wrote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!

Having stated your son is of Catalan origins I can only assume that you are now partaking in some sort of father/son siesta.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 30, 2010, 03:19:56 pm by Dimples-D »
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 30, 2010, 03:42:16 pm by The L J Monk »
Dimples-D wrote:
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!

Despite what others may say, I've always felt narcolepsy is the best form of flattery.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012