Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:08:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WACO 2 ............................  (Read 3405 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
WACO 2 ............................
« on February 16, 2011, 08:57:19 pm by hoolahoop »
Has anybody lit the fuse yet or are you all out getting your Relegation Party outfits ?
We've had it all on here in the last 72 hrs. ........SO'D out ?, Going down certainties ?, reductions in ST prices to reflect our future status ? Billy Sharp on his way at the end of the season ? etc etc......is it worth going anymore ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re:WACO 2 ............................
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2011, 09:14:55 pm by dknward2 »
After all that's happened and all that is going to happen over these next few months I still don't think we will go down. I think and hope  that there is three teams that are worse than us I would always accept four from bottom for the first four years in any new league have we been spoiled by how good we have been in the past?

We all know we have lost/missed out on some very good players compared to the past seasons squads but if not for the injury crisis and the SOD to blades crap I believe we would be in the top half right now and looking to push on to the play offs, but we have to play the cards we are delt and right now we have a very pi** poor hand but that could all change in one deal

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 16, 2011, 09:18:31 pm by hoolahoop »
That's more like it..........some fookin positivity. :)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 16, 2011, 09:19:11 pm by Old Popsider »
We will not be relegated. End of.

best we start winning soon though :laugh:  :P  :P

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 16, 2011, 09:26:41 pm by hoolahoop »
Totally agree this is like mass paranoia and it's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves , brush ourselves down and get on with the job at hand. ;)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 16, 2011, 09:33:40 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

Koresh is a Rover?  :ohmy:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 16, 2011, 09:40:11 pm by RedJ »
Let's get a good atmosphere going against Watford. Even if we go down (on the day - not to League One!!!) we keep singing. We have to keep spirits up in the stands, and that may help do the same on the pitch.

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 16, 2011, 09:47:08 pm by adge »
sheffield united play palace next followed by Scunthorpe.
somebody is going to get some points there

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 16, 2011, 09:51:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We'll be fine, we'll get something out these two away games, no doubt in my mind there.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 16, 2011, 10:04:06 pm by hoolahoop »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
We'll be fine, we'll get something out these two away games, no doubt in my mind there.

A few voices of reason at last amongst all this angst.  B)

RTID  :thumbsup:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 16, 2011, 10:12:57 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
No its not pretty at the moment...but honestly dont think we will go down.
Sheff utd well thats another matter ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 16, 2011, 10:25:05 pm by hoolahoop »
Ay whenever you think things are bad, you just have to think...........glad I'm not a Blade. :)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2011, 01:50:38 pm by ravenrover »

Yes a couple of good hidings the way we are playing.
I don't go with this \"we are definitely stay up\" attitude, what facts make people say this, are some people just trying to reassure themselves by posting it? We are being rapidly sucked into the dogfight, a couple of good results for the teams down there and where does that leave us? I can't see at the moment where our next 3 points are coming from it could be April until we smell another point.
The Blunts are bringing players in left right and centre as are Derby and what do we do?
I will be a happy man if we go into the last match at Middlesboro 4 points clear of 3rd from bottom but until then.................. :S  :S

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2011, 03:26:37 pm by Surrey Rover »
I can't imagine the Derby fans getting too excited about the fact they've signed Jamie Ward from relegation threatened  Sheffield United

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2011, 10:18:45 pm by BobG »
ravenrover wrote:

I don't go with this \"we are definitely stay up\" attitude, what facts make people say this, are some people just trying to reassure themselves by posting it? :S

I reckon it's the exact same mindset as is applied, week in, week out, to forecasting the result of the next match. Have you ever taken a serious look at those forecasts? I did once. Just 'cos I'm funny like that. There is an almost constant percentage who say Rovers will win. And it's enormous. I can't remember the exact numbers now, but it was well over 70% of the total posts always say Rovers will win. Now, in any objective world, that is plain bonkers. Yet folk keep on, and on, and on, doing it.

So, the conclusions are pretty obvious aren't they? In a nutshell, an awful lot of people on here don't, or can't, think. They emote.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2011, 10:38:37 pm by hoolahoop »
Ok Bob I'm bloody ''EMOTING'' that we will NOT  go down , a very different argument from predicting a game at a time.
Why ? Because I think we have sufficient points and plenty of games to add more to the pot.
That's not my emotions predicting the outcomes but 16 games to go and possibly 10/11 points to get at .75 points per. game should be possible even for the 'my glass is half empty ' brigade to get their heads around.
Ffs everyone stop feeling so sorry for yourselves and dropping into the mentality of most Doncastrians i.e. 'we've no chance'. Time was when the supporters and the fora tried to help dig the team out of a mess rather than throw more negative shite at them.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2011, 10:48:04 pm by Barmby Rover »
I always look at any game in the Championship and predict a win for Rovers, why? How many people would have predicted Scunthorpe 1 Nottingham Forest 0 last night? Rovers are capable of beating every team in this division, we are also capable of losing the same games. I tend to be optimistic about our chances because I will always believe in Rovers, whether or not we have a full first 11 of injured players. The spirit of escaping the clutches of Richardson etc still lives on and the enthusiasm of the day in Stoke will never die. Every player who goes onto the field of play in a Rovers shirt is there to do their best, and if it doesn't come off, I dust down the pride I have for this club and stand up and hope again. Copps is alwys a good player, Sam is always a trier with a passion for Rovers, Sulli and young Woods keep the ball out if they can. The team is led by peple who care about what is happening and can do something about it. I am here to support them, no matter what they do, so I will keep on predicting those wins!!!  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2011, 10:54:06 pm by hoolahoop »
Good post and one that everybody should read. That's how I feel, time to get behind OUR club and ALL it's players.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 17, 2011, 11:10:14 pm by RedJ »
Barmby Rover wrote:
I always look at any game in the Championship and predict a win for Rovers, why? How many people would have predicted Scunthorpe 1 Nottingham Forest 0 last night? Rovers are capable of beating every team in this division, we are also capable of losing the same games. I tend to be optimistic about our chances because I will always believe in Rovers, whether or not we have a full first 11 of injured players. The spirit of escaping the clutches of Richardson etc still lives on and the enthusiasm of the day in Stoke will never die. Every player who goes onto the field of play in a Rovers shirt is there to do their best, and if it doesn't come off, I dust down the pride I have for this club and stand up and hope again. Copps is alwys a good player, Sam is always a trier with a passion for Rovers, Sulli and young Woods keep the ball out if they can. The team is led by peple who care about what is happening and can do something about it. I am here to support them, no matter what they do, so I will keep on predicting those wins!!!  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

:laugh: it may make me sound like a sad bas**rd but that almost brought me to tears. Great post! :-)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 18, 2011, 01:04:42 pm by ravenrover »
hoolahoop wrote:
Ok Bob I'm bloody ''EMOTING'' that we will NOT  go down , a very different argument from predicting a game at a time.
Why ? Because I think we have sufficient points and plenty of games to add more to the pot.
That's not my emotions predicting the outcomes but 16 games to go and possibly 10/11 points to get at .75 points per. game should be possible even for the 'my glass is half empty ' brigade to get their heads around. Ffs everyone stop feeling so sorry for yourselves and dropping into the mentality of most Doncastrians i.e. 'we've no chance'. Time was when the supporters and the fora tried to help dig the team out of a mess rather than throw more negative shite at them.

Hoola, Yet again I'll ask the question where are these 10/11 points coming from? 5 of our remaining fixtures are against teams below us 3 of which are at The KM these have got to be must win matches. After that we are in the hands of the gods. It could be that we have to wait until the home game against Preston in April before we see an addition to our point tally, and that is assuming that their season hasn't improved by then would you be so confident then?
That is the reason I am getting worried, with the matches we have coming up over the next 4-5 weeks I don't see many points coming our way because of our current form, injuries, teams sussing us out, poor defence, no attack etc etc etc. We haven't really been playing well since before Christmas and lets face it we have hit rock bottom in the last few games. Unless The Management are keeping things very quiet there doesn't seem to be any respite in our injury situation so the team will pretty much remain the same as it has been for the past few games.
I am a fan but I'm also a realist, as I said I will be a happy man to finish 4th from bottom but  to bury our heads in the sand and blithly say we will stay up without substantiating it I find hard to understand.

neil grainger

« Reply #20 on February 18, 2011, 01:12:49 pm by neil grainger »
adge wrote:
sheffield united play palace next followed by Scunthorpe.
somebody is going to get some points there

...and maybe somebody is NOT going to get some points there?

neil grainger

« Reply #21 on February 18, 2011, 01:20:25 pm by neil grainger »
BobG wrote:
ravenrover wrote:

I don't go with this \"we are definitely stay up\" attitude, what facts make people say this, are some people just trying to reassure themselves by posting it? :S

So, the conclusions are pretty obvious aren't they? In a nutshell, an awful lot of people on here don't, or can't, think. They emote.

BobG

I disagree with your conclusions there Bob.
I believe I can and do think, but I also 'emote'.

I think it's called being a football fan; in my case being a Rovers fan to be precise.
Cool, calculated logic does not always prevail, and thank heavens for that. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have kept going to watch this team of ours during all those barren years!

Imagine the footy songs if we didn't emote.
\"....and now you're gonna believe us....we're possibly going to win the cup but I can't be totally certain about it\"

It'll never catch on!  ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 18, 2011, 11:10:46 pm by BobG »
:):)

Maybe I've got the purpose of the 'Forecast the score' thread every week all wrong?

I thought it was to, like, y'know, forecast the correct score? If it's not, do tell me what the point of the thread is please. 'Cos if it is to forecast the correct score, or even the correct result, 70 odd percent of the people on here need their heads examining.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 18, 2011, 11:13:10 pm by hoolahoop »
I would agree with that not withstanding your point on the forecast thread :):)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012