Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:39:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: OLOFINJANA  (Read 3408 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
OLOFINJANA
« on October 16, 2011, 08:48:04 pm by GazLaz »
Just what the doctor ordered. 6foot4 dominating, strong, goal scoring centre midfielder.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: OLOFINJANA
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2011, 08:57:09 pm by benaldo »
has he signed or is this one of those football manager or fifa 12 related nonsense threads?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2011, 09:08:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2011, 09:28:34 pm by GazLaz »
I know, he was out on loan all last season. Saw he hadn't been playing and wanted to put his name out there. He is a real class act.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 16, 2011, 10:10:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why, do you think nobody at Rovers has heard of him or something?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2011, 05:54:12 am by GazLaz »
No, thought I was the only one that had ever heard of him. It's not as if he has played 100's of times in the Championship and Premiership combined and dozens of times for his country.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2011, 07:59:51 am by Glyn_Wigley »
New thread:

\"Hey, I've heard of a player. We're not linked with him or anything relevant but I just wanted to start a new thread.\"

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2011, 09:26:55 am by GazLaz »
Are you as a site Administrator  telling me what I can and can't post? As a VSC member can I put in a vote of no confidence against you? If so I would like to please. I will submit it in writing if needs be.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2011, 12:34:11 pm by Red Rover »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=192150
Are you as a site Administrator  telling me what I can and can't post? As a VSC member can I put in a vote of no confidence against you? If so I would like to please. I will submit it in writing if needs be.

:aok:  well said!

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2011, 12:48:38 pm by Donnybob »
I think you're supposed to add 'Worth a punt?' to threads like this. Otherwise folk will tend to think we're actually linked with the player.

Or start the post with, 'Dear Santa, what I would like for Christmas is...'

It's difficult enough to keep up with the 1001 rumours about who Doncaster Rovers is linked with as it is.

'Worth a punt?' simply helps folks appreciate you're dreaming rather than reporting a fact.

Just saying like, but if we're going to have a vote of no confidence... :P

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2011, 02:19:56 pm by GazLaz »
I posted it for a reason. I'm not a retard contrary to possible belief. JR reads this forum and if reading the thread puts Seyi's name in his head it's not a bad thing. He's class and possibly available. If it gives us a 1% chance of signing him I'll be happy. I don't want jobsworths telling me what I can and can't post and taking the piss. Wound me up this has. In fact take that stupid green looking thing off of my posts as well, I don't want to be associated with the VSC.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2011, 04:33:57 pm by Alickismyhero »
Gaz don't let the bar stewards get you down! I see nothing wrong with your article but I do find the adminstrators comments very poor to the point of being childish. The concept of  VSC is  excellent so don't run away fight your corner. Because he is an administrator it does not mean his views are any more relevant than anyone else.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 17, 2011, 04:39:38 pm by Donnybob »
Gaz, I think you're over-reacting. Calm down!

The player you have punted is 32 next June and has just recovered from a knee operation. He hasn't been a regular member of the Hull squad since 2009 and spent most of last season on loan to Cardiff.

His wages are £26K per week and Hull were planning to get him off the wage bill last summer.  

http://www.hull.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=251896

In fact I'm very surprised he's still there as Soccerbase has him as unattached.

He may be tall at 6' 3\" but he only weighs 11st 8lb.

His career record in English football  of 27 goals in 229 appearances (inc 26 as a sub) do not exactly make him a prolific striker. It also appears the majority of his goals came prior to 2007/8.

JR may be reading this but I don't think he'll be heading down the M62 any time soon.

Worth a punt? On those stats I don't think so.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 17, 2011, 04:49:26 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Donnybob\" post=192277

His career record in English football  of 27 goals in 229 appearances (inc 26 as a sub) do not exactly make him a prolific striker. It also appears the majority of his goals came prior to 2007/8.

JR may be reading this but I don't think he'll be heading down the M62 any time soon.

Worth a punt? On those stats I don't think so.

He's not a striker.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 17, 2011, 04:56:59 pm by Donnybob »
But he's approaching 32 and recovering from a knee operation.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Of course, DS has promised to make the sick walk...

Too risky in my opinion.

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 17, 2011, 05:07:14 pm by ljm-drfc »
He was a class act when i saw him play for Cardiff last season.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 17, 2011, 05:15:47 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Gaz, I'm sure Glyn was writing as a forum member, not as a part of the VSC hierarchy.

Whatever any of us think of Olofinjana as a player, the VSC has suggested players to the club in the past that have been investigated, the last one that I'm aware of was Martyn Waghorn, through contacts on here we became aware that he was a after a move, this was put to the club who followed up on it, but unfortunately at the time his club wouldn't let him move, a situation that changed not long after I know.

It seems that between them Saunders and McKay have got extensive contacts, but if anyone on here gets hard information about a player then by all means let somebody know.
:thumbsup:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 17, 2011, 05:26:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Indeed, I am not a forum moderator and have no power or right to determine what you can or can't post.

I can still comment as an ordinary forum member that I find a thread like this a complete waste of bandwidth, and as others have pointed out since, ill researched as it looks like you're just plucking a name out of the air without looking into the circumstances of why he's not playing for somebody else. I also, as I intimated, believe it to be a sad reflection of your opinion of the people running the club if you think they've never heard of him and need to be prompted.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 17, 2011, 07:31:09 pm by GazLaz »
Regarding Waghorn, was it not SOD that didn't want him?

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 17, 2011, 07:38:15 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=192330
Regarding Waghorn, was it not SOD that didn't want him?

Gaz,

That wasn't what we were told, but who knows!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012