Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:42:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Letter from Councillor M Glynn to Doncaster Star  (Read 3408 times)

kittyslass

• Forum Member
Letter from Councillor M Glynn to Doncaster Star
« on March 26, 2012, 09:40:20 pm by kittyslass »
Has anyone seen the letter in today's Doncaster Star from Hatfield Councillor Glynn, citing and endorsing the so-called proposal of the Mayor, Peter Davies, to close the Keepmoat Stadium. He says that the stadium was built on £32m of taxpayers money, when we were told at the time of the building that it was being built from monies received from the sales of surplus land owned by DMBC. I wonder if Mr Glynn objected to the building at the time, by letter, and to whom. (Hindsight is a wonderful thing). I also wonder if he is a LUFC fan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NorthNorfolkRover

Re: Letter from Councillor M Glynn to Doncaster Star
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2012, 01:53:36 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Dmbc spends the entire running costs of the stadium on containing but not sorting out several problem families every year. These politicians should get a sense of proprtion before undermining doncasters few success stories.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2012, 02:03:21 pm by DRNaith »
Nicely put  :thumbsup:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2012, 02:14:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
As far as I can see Councillor M D Glynn is actually only a member of Hatfield Town Council and not an elected representative on Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council (which effectively owns the stadium).

In my humble opinion Councillor M D Glynn should stick to worrying about dog crap on the streets of Hatfield and leave the serious stuff to other folk.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2012, 02:26:49 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=229870
As far as I can see Councillor M D Glynn is actually only a member of Hatfield Town Council and not an elected representative on Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council (which effectively owns the stadium).

In my humble opinion Councillor M D Glynn should stick to worrying about dog crap on the streets of Hatfield and leave the serious stuff to other folk.

Some of it isn't dog crap.

That'll teach him.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2012, 02:27:01 pm by streatham dave »
Sounds like the end of a political career

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2012, 02:35:11 pm by firestarter »
Peter Davies is an embarrasment to Doncaster...he is on a massive ego trip and i cringe every time the idiot opens his mouth. I hope the people of Donny vote overwhelmingly to get rid of him and the mayoral charade once and for all

Timbo042

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2012, 02:41:59 pm by Timbo042 »
Well said Norfolk and CBcb!!! I only wished no one listened to these Jumped up Shop Stewards they bore me to tears!  Im sure he'd rather the council spent its money funding Sky TV for Slovakians! As a 4th generation Doncastrian, Im proud the council is promoting sporting activitys via the Keepmoat!!! Wind your neck in Councillor Glynn, your boring me!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2012, 03:25:11 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Since when has Hatfield been a town? :)

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2012, 07:59:20 pm by deebee »
Get rid of the mayoral system and you are putting the labour group back in charge and we all know what happened last time don't we. I believe in democracy and the right choices for Doncaster not just putting a good idea down just because the opposition thought of it. The stadium should stay and the Rovers should run it. If it was not for The mayoral system ie:- Martin Winter ( love him or hate him ) the stadium would never have been built and where would we be now?

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2012, 08:09:09 pm by tuffty »

!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Love it, brilliant come back

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2012, 08:13:54 pm by adge »
belle vue , deebee

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2012, 08:42:07 pm by RobTheRover »
So, in recap, its all Martin Winters' fault!

;-)

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2012, 09:40:48 pm by MiKA »
Quote from: \"firestarter\" post=229877
Peter Davies is an embarrasment to Doncaster...he is on a massive ego trip and i cringe every time the idiot opens his mouth. I hope the people of Donny vote overwhelmingly to get rid of him and the mayoral charade once and for all

Id prefer him over Martin Winter or any other Labour councillor any day of the week  ;)

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2012, 09:41:24 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"adge\" post=230002
belle vue , deebee

Not quite. Belle Vue would not be sufficient for 4 seasons in the championship. Any club that remains in the top 2 divisions for over 3 seasons has to be all seater. Not a chance of that at Belle Vue. If the Keepmoat did not exist then we would probably be ground sharing with Scunthorpe, Barnsley, SUFC or SWFC. Those options make the Keepmoat seem very appealing.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2012, 09:44:06 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"firestarter\" post=229877

Peter Davies preferred option is to sell the stadium. DMBC's Finance Director suggested that one option is to close it - not the mayor. And the FD admitted that closing it was not really a possibility.

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 28, 2012, 04:28:48 am by swifty50 »
Councillor Mick Glynn is only a ward councillor for dunsville as an ind he has stood for DMBC several times,first as an ind,then as community group,,and last time as english democrat!!!! at the last election he stood as the english democrat,for DMBC and also as ind.for town council,feet in two camps,

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 28, 2012, 08:13:46 am by adge »
clearly a man who has plenty to say but can't find anyone who wants to listen.

i wonder if he would like the job of PA announcer ?

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 28, 2012, 08:38:53 am by moses »
If/when we go back to the councillor/leader system lets see how many major infrastrucucture projects are actually delivered that are not mandated by central government. Its easy to come up with reasons not to do anything but much harder to do something positive.

Agree about Peter Davies, am embarrasment, but having an elected mayor has been good for Doncaster and Rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012