Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:40:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: our SLO's  (Read 3416 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
our SLO's
« on January 30, 2014, 12:53:25 pm by graingrover »
From Boro forum

"Doncaster Rovers look forward to welcoming you to the Keepmoat Stadium" 
I think you are the first club to come on here and do something like this officially.

Very very good idea and one i think every fan going to the game will appreciate

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: our SLO's
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2014, 01:13:14 pm by silent majority »
As the first club in the country to elect two supporters into the role we have continued to set the standard for others to follow. The others will catch up at some point, some quicker than others.

Blackpool for instance don't have an SLO at all never mind a supporter in that role, flying in the face of FL regulations. But it shows doesn't it? Their approach to away fans is already considered Neanderthal in its approach.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2014, 09:59:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
From Boro forum

"Doncaster Rovers look forward to welcoming you to the Keepmoat Stadium" 
I think you are the first club to come on here and do something like this officially.

Very very good idea and one i think every fan going to the game will appreciate

you got a link?

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 31, 2014, 08:28:39 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Just had a look at this on their forum, it's little things like this that make me proud to be DRFC.

Well done SLO's and DRFC.

:thumbsup: :aok:

Here's a link, BobJimWilly:

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=6047

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 31, 2014, 08:48:59 am by nice one rovers »
Whoever put the away supporters guide together, well done.
I wish all clubs had this, it can be a nightmare trying to piece bits of information together from different sources. I'm sure whoever sees this will urge their club to copy the idea.

Oh, and SLO's keep up the good work lads. I've seen you wherever we travel and at Keepmoat. You lads don't get a minute do you? Doing a good job.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:51:34 am by nice one rovers »

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 31, 2014, 08:57:12 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Makes you proud to be a Rover doesn't it!

Great work Mark and Lee.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 31, 2014, 09:22:27 am by hoolahoop »
Yep well done lads.....time you did your job ;)

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 31, 2014, 01:49:58 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Thanks all.

As we alluded to Monday night, away attendances are dropping in football with how away fans are treated and the rising cost, at Doncaster Rovers we have worked hard to ensure visiting fans enjoy the day as much as home fans are aren't treated any differently either in terms of ticket prices or by the club.

We created the away fans guide and an away fans twitter account (@drfc_away) and go on message boards to help away fans plan their visit, when visiting a stadium as an away fan chances are you have never been before or only a few times and we believe something an simple as these initiatives go along way to help people when visiting what could be considered unfamiliar territory.

We've done this all season for all Clubs we have played at the KMS and it has been much appreciated by the fans, hopefully it feeds back to the clubs in the FL and encourages them to be a little more welcoming to away fans to address and stop the decline.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 31, 2014, 02:15:07 pm by graingrover »
I think our stewards often get congratulated by away fans for the civil and helpful way they act towards visiting fans . A club to be proud of .

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 31, 2014, 04:04:59 pm by swintonrover »
That's a cracking twitter feed, wish all clubs had one like it. Makes me proud to be a Rovers fan.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 31, 2014, 04:26:15 pm by godlike1 »
I'm genuinely really impressed gents. The approach of "what would I want if I was going to an away ground" is spot on, maybe you could create an app so it could be easily updated or made interactive???? Just an idea

Have you thought of doing something for home fans? Maybe a little harder but say if your from out of town and just want to go to a game some guides at the local pubs and travel shops and tourist info etc are another way of getting floating football supporters to a game.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been asked by lads on a stag do in town if a game is on and how to get to the ground (the older fans and normally older blokes wanting to catch a game on a Saturday no matter where it is)

By having a well known guide available all over town (I'm thinking like the entertainer used to be in pubs) then it could pick up a good few extra people.

Just a few ideas, feel free to pm me if you think I could offer any other ideas you and he club could take advantage of

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 31, 2014, 07:23:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The 'home' ground guide is a good idea. May be could incorporate/added to the Season Ticket/Ticket price guide, mainly aimed at those who may have been infrequent or first time visitors . There are things on there that I found useful.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 31, 2014, 08:44:02 pm by graingrover »
Yes please to the Guide for Home fans ( Exiles , out of Towners and occasional guests).
   I would especially welcome , best restaurants , Rovers friendly pubs and even overnight accomodation ..  best B and B's .
    Can't wait to book  in at DRFC 's own hotel one day.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2014, 09:03:10 pm by Wello »
wouldn't it be better to be called Liaison supporter officers rather than Slo's? walking around with SLO on a jacket must be embarrassing at times. surely LSO's would be better. not saying they don't do a fantastic job by the way, great idea, just throwing it out there. 

neil grainger

« Reply #14 on January 31, 2014, 09:56:15 pm by neil grainger »
wouldn't it be better to be called Liaison supporter officers rather than Slo's? walking around with SLO on a jacket must be embarrassing at times. surely LSO's would be better. not saying they don't do a fantastic job by the way, great idea, just throwing it out there. 

If that's the only constructive criticism, there can't be much wrong.......

SLO....LSO.....OSL.....OMG...

neil grainger

« Reply #15 on January 31, 2014, 10:18:34 pm by neil grainger »
I've been very impressed and proud to see our SLO's around the ground this season.
Well done you guys, and well done to the club.

This is all part of why I feel so proud to be a Rovers fan and why I love my club.

Happy days.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2014, 10:44:09 pm by silent majority »

SLOs are known as that throughout Europe. It would be difficult to swim against that tide.

neil grainger

« Reply #17 on January 31, 2014, 10:48:19 pm by neil grainger »

SLOs are known as that throughout Europe. It would be difficult to swim against that tide.

Not for the first time, I admire your patience and diplomacy.......

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2014, 11:33:47 pm by PDX_Rover »
And we need to avoid confusion with the London Symphony Orchestra too.

neil grainger

« Reply #19 on January 31, 2014, 11:56:28 pm by neil grainger »
And we need to avoid confusion with the London Symphony Orchestra too.

Yes, or the Leeds Supporters Organisation....

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 01, 2014, 01:11:22 pm by Superspy »
This is great stuff guys. Proud to be a Rover.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 01, 2014, 01:52:45 pm by BigColSutherland »

In English?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 01, 2014, 06:01:29 pm by SLO@DRFC »
We have discussed and made a start on creating a Fans Guide for Doncaster Rovers, this would act as assistance for first time fans, old and young to help them develop the culture of becoming a Rover.

We are only in preliminary stages at the minute but hope to have something in place for the start of next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012