Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:29:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory #42  (Read 3409 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Conspiracy Theory #42
« on July 17, 2014, 10:48:12 pm by Mike_F »
Here goes:

JR takes the idea of a buyout between himself & Young Louis to Messrs. Bramall & Watson.

TB & DW see holes in the plan but know that if they turn the offer down they'll be on a hiding to nothing from large sections if the fan base for having the audacity to dismiss the legendary JR and a world-renowned pop star. They therefore accept the proposal and say "good luck to you in raising the cash" whilst all along maintaining a business plan for when it falls on its arse. They provide the platform for us to sign up a top League One squad and show that their way was right after all, making their position and their investment much stronger going forwards.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Conspiracy Theory #42
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2014, 10:49:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You mean a 'give him enough rope' tactic?

If so, you can't say they didn't give him the best possible chance to get things right by agreeing a knock-down price and cancelling their loans to the club.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 17, 2014, 10:49:49 pm by mushRTID »
Lets hope so!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 17, 2014, 10:52:33 pm by Mike_F »
I'm grasping at straws in the hope that we'll see some sort of return to normality!

"Give him enough rope" sums it up well, Glyn.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 17, 2014, 10:52:44 pm by Lipsy »
It would certainly explain why TB was "happy" to step aside. I still wonder (mebbe someone could shed light on this?) whether TB could have been forced into that position if, say, DW wanted out - could TB's hand have been forced due to being out-voted?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 17, 2014, 10:54:59 pm by The Red Baron »
Here goes:

JR takes the idea of a buyout between himself & Young Louis to Messrs. Bramall & Watson.

TB & DW see holes in the plan but know that if they turn the offer down they'll be on a hiding to nothing from large sections if the fan base for having the audacity to dismiss the legendary JR and a world-renowned pop star. They therefore accept the proposal and say "good luck to you in raising the cash" whilst all along maintaining a business plan for when it falls on its arse. They provide the platform for us to sign up a top League One squad and show that their way was right after all, making their position and their investment much stronger going forwards.

Wishful thinking, Mike. I think we are royally f***ed.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 17, 2014, 10:56:12 pm by Mike_F »
Me too TRB but I'm ever the optimist!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 17, 2014, 11:28:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
Here goes:

I have thought this all the time that TB and DW would allow JR to fail so they can continue with more regard from supporters. But the last bit I doubt they will run the club efficiently so the top league one squad I doubt. But they have allowed JR to have enough rope knowing he would hang himself, metaphorically of course. 

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 17, 2014, 11:33:16 pm by godlike1 »
I don't think we're f**ked as TB has clearly believes the town needs a successful football club and has said so previously in articles I can't find now

The difference is that he wants it to be self sustainable without "pie in the sky" thinking hence schemes such as club doncaster (which help other clubs as well as rovers). And buying the dons to try to get a chunk of super league money

In reality I think that is what's we all want but it would be nice to do it in a higher league. I think just staying in the league this year will be classed as a success and I think we destined to stay at this level for a good few more years until we can get our youth system producing and our manager stops pissing players off

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 17, 2014, 11:41:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
I don't think we're f***ed as TB has clearly believes the town needs a successful football club and has said so previously in articles I can't find now

The difference is that he wants it to be self sustainable without "pie in the sky" thinking hence schemes such as club doncaster (which help other clubs as well as rovers). And buying the dons to try to get a chunk of super league money

In reality I think that is what's we all want but it would be nice to do it in a higher league. I think just staying in the league this year will be classed as a success and I think we destined to stay at this level for a good few more years until we can get our youth system producing and our manager stops pissing players off

That's what we call easily satisfied but at least it's not dramatic.

RobbieDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 17, 2014, 11:44:25 pm by RobbieDRFC »
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=247229.msg456061#msg456061

I predicted something similar at the time of this happening, I was wrong in the fact in thinking they would get control of the club! Let's hope everyone gives TB & DW the backing they deserve!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 17, 2014, 11:45:32 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I Think Terry and Dick have the respect of a Large number of supporters,get us promoted and all of a sudden there won't be a problem.
And some who wanted John,though they won't lose their respect for the guy,in the coming of time,might admit if only to themselves
 'Do you know what i think it was for the best'.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 18, 2014, 10:24:30 am by Yargo »
I subscribe to the give him enough rope theory

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 18, 2014, 10:40:14 am by BigH »
Surely it is now in all the shareholders' interests to see JR bought out by the other two. He's played his hand and been found to be bluffing. I don't know whether JR was fronting for someone who would then come up with the cash or whether he saw an opportunity to take back full control and then try and take it from there. Either way he's goofed.

Personally, I'm just thankful that TB and DW haven't (yet?) thrown their toys out of the pram. They could easily have done so having been p***ed around in this way. All credit to them; they now have to pick up the pieces which I hope and pray they do.

Of course, there's no reason for the KM2 to do anything. It's now down to JR to suck up to them if he wants to see any of his cash come back. Unless he wants to get legal and call the loans in - not sure what the terms are - which would put pressure on the club's cashflow. Would he do this as a fan?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 18, 2014, 11:03:10 am by bobjimwilly »
I don't think any proper fan would do such a thing, which would essentially put DRFC into admin

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 18, 2014, 11:12:37 am by silent majority »
I don't think any proper fan would do such a thing, which would essentially put DRFC into admin

And so after 15 years we've gone full circle!

dgeczi

« Reply #16 on July 18, 2014, 12:36:54 pm by dgeczi »
Here goes:

Think might be a bit of watch this space..

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 18, 2014, 11:16:48 pm by Mike_F »
Today's statement seems to bolster my case. They didn't want to stand in the way (or be seen to be standing in the way) of JR & LT but they are confident in their plan for the coming season.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 19, 2014, 09:20:25 pm by albie »
There is another angle on the "conspiracy" theory....the avoidance of token compliance and direction from third parties.

From the point of view of the Football League, they need to be satisfied that any group coming forward to buy control of a club are not a "trojan horse" for others exercising control by proxy.

It would be an unwelcome precedent for the new rules to be bypassed by undesirable individuals behaving as "shadow" Directors, while using puppet front men.

It would be reasonable for the FL to require commitments over and above proof of funds to secure the future viability of the business. That means not only a clear business plan, but also the ongoing commitment of the named Directors to work to that plan and deliver it.

It seems extraordinary that professional advice did not flag up the importance of a feasible business strategy in securing approval. Responsibility for that can only rest with the bidder.

Compete conjecture from me, but if I were wearing the FL hat, that is what I might be thinking.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 19, 2014, 10:16:06 pm by silent majority »
And you might well be right.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 19, 2014, 10:37:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
And you might well be right.

and that says alot as well  :(

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 19, 2014, 10:50:48 pm by PDX_Rover »
Spot on Albie.... That's my take (conjecture of course) on the situation.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012