Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:41:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sheff Utd Retract Ched Evans Training Offer  (Read 3414 times)

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
Sheff Utd Retract Ched Evans Training Offer
« on November 20, 2014, 09:33:17 pm by HomerJSimpson »
On bbc site....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30054475

They never saw the outcry coming....

The club said reaction to their initial decision "has been at an intensity that could not have been anticipated".
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:37:23 pm by HomerJSimpson »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Sheff Utd Retract Ched Evans Training Offer
« Reply #1 on November 20, 2014, 09:36:40 pm by GazLaz »
The fat 'orrible Kitson at Rotherham will have him.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 20, 2014, 09:43:56 pm by southwestexile »
Were they not saying that they wouldn't bow down to 'mob justice' last week?

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 20, 2014, 09:50:28 pm by German Rover »
Were they not saying that they wouldn't bow down to 'mob justice' last week?

They'll bow down to their sponsors though. When the shirt sponsors started saying they would have nothing to do with him, the writing was on the wall.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 20, 2014, 09:53:30 pm by southwestexile »
Hope they get relegated

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 20, 2014, 09:54:53 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Maybe the realised what huge mistake they made or maybe they thought shit this isn't going away and will cost the club dearly

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 20, 2014, 10:00:22 pm by ian1980 »
I think they thought it would blow over in a couple of days and they could get on with it.

The momentum it has gathered over the last week or so has made their decision for them.

It will take a lot for a club to take him on now.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 20, 2014, 10:27:50 pm by Jimmydee »
Cheddar Evans will go to Wigan, Whelan isn't bothered about his past because Malky McKaye will be the fall guy that's on a hiding to nothing. Wigan are struggling and they need a quick fix.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 20, 2014, 10:35:21 pm by ian1980 »
Could be the striker we need. Sign him up  :lol:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 21, 2014, 07:43:58 am by hoolahoop »
Cheddar Evans will go to Wigan, Whelan isn't bothered about his past because Malky McKaye will be the fall guy that's on a hiding to nothing. Wigan are struggling and they need a quick fix.

Why the Whelan 'knocking' ? I would have thought he would be one of the least likely to entertain an unrepentant rapist
Above all Wigan has always been a family club and the appointing of a manager that made a faux pas would never change that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 21, 2014, 08:59:28 am by silent majority »
Maybe so Hoola, but as we all know clubs are run by the management and not necessarily by its owners. Certainly some owners will impose their ethics and values on clubs, but only to a point. Invariably how that club interacts with its supporters and the protocols they follow is a staff and management issue.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 21, 2014, 09:42:17 am by southwestexile »
Evans won't go to Wigan.  He won't be going anywhere because he's a name that people don't want to be associated with, particularly sponsors.  Wigan have already lost one over the Mackay appointment, they won't be risking any more going, especially now that Whelan's views on race are in the spotlight.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 21, 2014, 10:07:02 am by acko »
what are whelans view on racism the southwest,he made a comment about jews which is equivilant as saying the scots are tight fisted thats never caused a stir before in always been a standing joke,northeners are all flat caps and beer southeners snobs.no offence ment just how were portrayed

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 21, 2014, 10:40:10 am by the vicar »
i would have him now straight away get him in

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 21, 2014, 11:23:45 am by Sheepskin Stu »
wood you get evans in?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 21, 2014, 06:27:34 pm by southwestexile »
what are whelans view on racism the southwest,he made a comment about jews which is equivilant as saying the scots are tight fisted thats never caused a stir before in always been a standing joke,northeners are all flat caps and beer southeners snobs.no offence ment just how were portrayed

Are you for real?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 22, 2014, 12:21:30 am by Iberian Red »
i would have him now straight away get him in

No foreplay?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 22, 2014, 09:07:57 am by wilts rover »

I am not racist, and i totally agree, Yorkshire and Scottish folk known as tight, Southerners are seen as softer than us, the French are seen as no good if you are in the trenches, you could go on and on, every group of people has a stereotype, our people like to put people in groups.
For example everybody who is unemployed, is seen by the majority as lazy,workshy and a chav.

It's just lazy thinking really, the Chinese nickname really is just a shortened version of saying somebody is Chinese,it isn't always an insult,any word depends on how it's delivered.
It must be hurtful when people are treated differently because of their colour,people are people to me,if your polite with me i'm polite with you,when i watch players,it doesn't really come to mind what colour someone is,i just see either a poor,average,brilliant player. 

Sammy, I always have great regard and respect for your posts, even if I cant always read them or agree with them. But this time you are wrong. There is already a thread running on this so I shall be brief but words to describe particular cultural stereotypes and offensive when the group they are aimed at find them so. This is generally down to the historical context they were used in and we dont use them now as our society has moved on. Jenny Wong explains why Whelan's use of the Chinese word is offensive.

As for Ched Evan's any club who decide to take him on before his appeal is heard is foolish, but when managers and chairmen start looking at the league tables towards the end of the season strange decisions can be made.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 22, 2014, 10:45:03 am by Colin C No.3 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012