Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:19:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Royal team talk  (Read 3422 times)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Royal team talk
« on May 19, 2019, 11:38:19 pm by Scooter »
What an absolutely fantastic program. If you missed it watch it on iPlayer. This is exactly the reason that my doctoral research is relevant. Lots of good stuff said, although I can’t help thinking that danny rose has more that needs saying.
Also great to have four fans on. Shout out to Paul for his bravery and honesty and for representing the rovers
The Duke of Cambridge also came across excellent and is very switched on to mental health

One fan said “Go and talk to someone, it doesn’t make you weak, it makes you a genius”

Wise words

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
Re: Royal team talk
« Reply #1 on May 20, 2019, 07:42:28 am by Northants Nomad »
Who was the Rovers fan on there? Sorry for not knowing. He came across really well and really contributed massively to a fantastic programme. Well done to all.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 20, 2019, 09:13:35 am by Jonathan »
It was an excellent broadcast full of valuable contributions, credit to all involved. My only issue is that I think scheduling it at 10:30pm on a Sunday night was preposterous. It should have been on at a far more accessible time. The message is important no matter what age you are or what your interests are.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 20, 2019, 12:33:24 pm by RobTheRover »
I missed it last night, but the missus and daughter saw it and said it was excellent.  I'll catch up on Iplayer  later

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 20, 2019, 02:38:17 pm by 5minstogo »
I've just watched it. Really good and thought provoking. I'll certainly be thinking twice before hitting the post button on social media in future.

I recognised the Rovers fan Paul from Fit Rovers. Well done to him for taking to national TV and talking about his problems.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 20, 2019, 05:23:08 pm by Spud »
BBC iplayer?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 20, 2019, 05:58:35 pm by Michael Shaw »
Great post Rigoglioso.

As a young lad I worked in an office, lived at home with my family, and had a regular girlfriend and solid job with a monthly salary. I was in control of my life.

I can't imagine being a young lad of 18,19 or 20 and having signed for Rovers and then being sent off to Tranmere, Wimbledon, Harlepool, Tamworth or Morecambe. I don't care how much anyone might say that the loan club will look after them, I'm not sure I would have handled it all that well mentally at that age.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 20, 2019, 09:25:13 pm by Boomstick »
Just watched it and really enjoyed it.
Think as a society we have turned a corner regarding mental health.

It really bothered me seeing that evil little Charlton fan abusing and filming John marquis, when he was on the floor in tears.
It's things like that which can send someone into a spiral.

I was also pleased to see matty Blair putting an arm around him and comforting him, which shows just how good he is as a person. Well done matty, it's what John needed.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 21, 2019, 09:59:26 am by ravenrover »
Rigo what were you, as in what job did you have, before you "left Mansfield" as you like to put it.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 21, 2019, 10:39:35 am by Move DRFC »
Rigo what were you, as in what job did you have, before you "left Mansfield" as you like to put it.

Centre forward

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 21, 2019, 05:44:33 pm by Spud »
A great watch, am always amazed how grounded William comes across. His Dad always does too though tbf.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 21, 2019, 07:00:37 pm by Superspy »

It really bothered me seeing that evil little Charlton fan abusing and filming John marquis, when he was on the floor in tears.

This is actually the first mention of it I've seen on the forum..I expected everybody to be up in arms about it..unless I just missed the thread?
But yeah..it was disgusting...some people just get a kick out of being complete arseholes. Talk about kicking somebody while they're down...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 21, 2019, 08:48:54 pm by drfchound »

This is actually the first mention of it I've seen on the forum..I expected everybody to be up in arms about it..unless I just missed the thread?
But yeah..it was disgusting...some people just get a kick out of being complete arseholes. Talk about kicking somebody while they're down...

I didn’t even notice it at the time.

Surprised it hasn’t been put online.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 21, 2019, 09:23:08 pm by graingrover »
Is it too much to hope that social media warriors put down their blades and stop victimising fellow human beings who happen to be footballers .A £20 match day contribution should not be the cost of a licence to kill from the terraces either.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 21, 2019, 09:30:28 pm by Boomstick »

I didn’t even notice it at the time.

Surprised it hasn’t been put online.
It did, I saw it on Facebook.
It was horrid

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 21, 2019, 09:49:52 pm by drfchound »
Ah, I don’t do Facebook mate.
Possibly because of crap like that being posted.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 21, 2019, 10:07:05 pm by Superspy »
My dad had it sent to him from twitter, that's how I found out about it. Absolutely vile.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 21, 2019, 10:22:42 pm by Chris Black come back »

Police were absolutely useless at end of game. Offered zero protection from these halfwitted goons.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 21, 2019, 11:21:58 pm by jackthelad »

Police were absolutely useless at end of game. Offered zero protection from these halfwitted goons.

In fairness i would imagine it’s quite difficult to control thousands of people running onto a pitch.

Having worked in a similar role to the police service I would say people don’t realise sometimes how challenging these jobs are, your outnumbered massively due to cutbacks etc yet people expect you to stop every tiny thing. Virtually impossible.

He was a little scrote who ran on towards Marquis mind, thankfully it was just verbal abuse rather than physical as it could’ve been. Much worse... (matter of time before a footballer is seriously assaulted during a pitch invasion.)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 22, 2019, 06:54:49 am by Chris Black come back »
Yes - but there were only eleven players they needed to closely protect. They ambled on to pitch after the invasion had happened and then stood around as the brain dead Charlton halfwits goaded our players in their face.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012