Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:49:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It’s going to take some serious signings to get us out this…  (Read 3412 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
It’s going to take some serious signings to get us out this…
« on January 08, 2022, 05:03:22 pm by Fal »
Hodens words at the end of the match…

ALL OVER
That was absolutely dire and indefensibly lifeless from Rovers who suffer another hugely damaging defeat to a relegation rival.

Every week the same damn comments, every week we hope for a better performance. How can anyone defend the club right now?

I can accept us going down with a fight, but we aren’t even fighting.

Forgive me for thinking that these players we hope to sign won’t make much difference, confidence has well and truly gone out of this camp and our next set of fixtures aren’t exactly appetising for us :(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 05:08:40 pm by Fal »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: It’s going to take some serious signings to get us out this…
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2022, 05:07:23 pm by bpoolrover »
The manager might as well be wellens as nothing has changed playing Rowe at left back and Horton in front of him when after 60 mins we have not had a shot is indefensible

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2022, 05:09:57 pm by coventryrover »
Ita the playing staff.   We have the give gmc serious amount 9f time and backing.    Fed up of the chop and changing.

If think we all know we are down but what's damning is the lack of fight.   This has to change if we are to change fortunes next year

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2022, 05:18:02 pm by Pside »
Wouldn’t bother spending a penny. Save it, rebuild next year and try and come back up. 4 players simply isn’t enough, we need about 8. Honesty I’m so angry with that performance. Some of these shithouses need getting rid of asap

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2022, 05:19:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The manager might as well be wellens as nothing has changed playing Rowe at left back and Horton in front of him when after 60 mins we have not had a shot is indefensible

No it isn't you drama queen. Hortons struggled defensively but has done alright going forward recently.

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2022, 05:32:31 pm by Ronnie Dovers »

No it isn't you drama queen. Hortons struggled defensively but has done alright going forward recently.

I can definitely understand the thought behind starting like that. But it should've been changed at half time. Horton offered nothing offensively, they were dominating our midfield, and their right winger (their best player by far I felt) was going past Rowe comfortably most of the time anyway. So Horton LB, Barlow onto LW and Rowe in midfield made sense to me.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2022, 05:32:39 pm by bpoolrover »

in your opinion maybe for me he offers very little going forward, lacks pace amd crossing is woeful, one thing you can't fault him for is effort thou but Rowe is completely wasted at left back no matter if I'm a drama queen

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2022, 06:33:52 pm by grayx »
Well can anyone see “serious signings” happening? Will they trust an unproven manager to make such signings because if it goes pear shaped we’ll be back to square one next season with yet another manager. What a shambles.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
If we want to stay up, chopping and changing is a must in this window. We need I would say about six in. Centre back, defensive midfielder, left back, striker and a young attacking midfielder and a young striker, if Dahlberg leaves then we would need a player coach goalkeeper.

Out all loans except Galbraith and Smith. Look to loan players not performing if someone wants them. Get a few kids some experience away from the club while this battle is going on.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2022, 07:25:55 pm by Retdon1 »
Just listened to GM interview, says we potentially may have 1 new player in for next weeks game. Keeps saying we’re going to be patient waiting for our targets..... what a farce

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2022, 08:09:20 pm by Campsall rover »

Donny, I was flabbergasted to see Horton playing in front of Rowe. It did not work and GM did not even change it round at half time. What was GM thinking. It totally limited our creativity. Very poor indeed and I found that worrying that GM could not see that.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2022, 08:18:12 pm by Pside »
Just listened to GM interview, says we potentially may have 1 new player in for next weeks game. Keeps saying we’re going to be patient waiting for our targets..... what a farce

This really wound me up. Especially after listen to GB’s interview where he stated there was a deadline of Wednesday for players to sign or we move on to the next targets. Having listened to GM’s interview it seemed to contradict that. Or maybe that’s just my take

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2022, 08:24:28 pm by normal rules »
Can you imagine how much pressure any new signings will be under to perform? Immediately.
Do they do 1 month loans?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2022, 08:25:43 pm by Red wizard »
I thought we was told we would have  players in at the beginning of the window. If we go down we will drop again I think like chesterfield did.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2022, 08:26:17 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Fleetwood got a signing sorted he scored and they got the 3 points to be in 20th 9 points above us. If any game was going to sum up our off the field problems it's this.

If we got Harrison in or another maybe it would have been 1-0 to us and we're given a glimmer of hope. Maybe not. The point is we'd have given ourselves a chance of winning the game. What we are capable of putting on the pitch at the moment is not going to get us 3 points.

We'll wait a bit longer and probably get 4 players in by the end of Jan most in the last week by which time it'll be miracle stuff to stay up

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2022, 08:29:46 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Donny, I was flabbergasted to see Horton playing in front of Rowe. It did not work and GM did not even change it round at half time. What was GM thinking. It totally limited our creativity. Very poor indeed and I found that worrying that GM could not see that.

Really poor from Mcsheffery today. Hiwula has been crap. His only real threat is cutting inside from the left. What was Mcsheffery hoping for Hiwula to be this winger skimming left backs down the right and whipping balls in? Although having said that the tactic was for him to take an opponent inside and give Knoyle the space, but that didn't work well either.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2022, 08:31:25 pm by Petche »
There is absolutely no point bringing anyone in now, it's too late!!
It needed fresh faces for the last two MUST WIN games and with the fixtures coming up the season's gone.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2022, 08:36:02 pm by Campsall rover »
I am never one to say it is all over till it is all over but does any one seriously think 4 new players signed even this week will be capable of getting 32 points in 21 games. So that means winning more games than we lose from now to End of April.

Even I am not that stupid and my glass is half full.
Personally I think the towel has been thrown in. There is no belief in the camp that we can escape the drop.
 It is league 2 next season.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 08:53:26 pm by Campsall rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
It needed fresh faces for the last two MUST WIN games and with the fixtures coming up the season's gone.

Look at it differently.

What would the new manager, and his assistant,  think if we suddenly turned round and said forget all that stuff we told you in the interview, forget everything we asked you about the January window because we've changed our mind?

Until its mathematically impossible there's nothing wrong with trying to salvage our position. If we can finish the season with some momentum and can get the new players fitting in well it will bide well for whatever next season brings.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 08, 2022, 08:43:34 pm by Cramby10 »
I am never one to say it is all over till it is all over but does any one seriously think 4 new players signed even this week will be capable of getting 32 points in 21 games. So that means winning more games than we lose from now to End of April.

Even I am not that stupid and my glass is half full.
Personally I think the towel has been thrown in. It is league 2 next season.
I agree. The season has gone. 4 players is nowhere near enough to get us out of this hole. To my mind, we need a minimum of 7 to go into the team that took the field today. Even then, the gap is probably still insurmountable.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 08, 2022, 08:44:28 pm by DRNaith »
It's unusual for me to be negative, and I think this is more analytical than negative. I remember hearing a former footballer, on Undr the Cosh, talk about the stench of relegation entering a team and how hard it is to remove that and get back to winning ways. The players aren't going out there to lose, but it's just not happening for them. Also, it's hard to get good players, who will make a big difference, to join a club at the bottom of the league in the January transfer window.

I want Rovers to stay up, but from the explanation (deeper than I've just covered) I can believe that it's a huge thing to turn around.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 08, 2022, 08:48:42 pm by normal rules »

Look at it differently.

What would the new manager, and his assistant,  think if we suddenly turned round and said forget all that stuff we told you in the interview, forget everything we asked you about the January window because we've changed our mind?

Until its mathematically impossible there's nothing wrong with trying to salvage our position. If we can finish the season with some momentum and can get the new players fitting in well it will bide well for whatever next season brings.

Crack on with permanent signings by all means , plan for next season. Loans will be a waste of time and money and will offer rovers no benefit next season when they are long gone, and rovers are in lge 2.
We need to pick our battles. Box clever. Lge one is over. The board must accept this, as hard as that is.
So for me it’s 4 permanent signings, not two and two. If they appear at all.
2 loanees to season end, and relegation, denies two possible permanents of the ability to play together with the rest of the squad and gel. To prep for next season.
Loanees now, more than ever will damage further the lack of solidarity in the team now. We need seasoned pros to carry the torch into next season. Not a couple of fly by nights who kick a ball around till end of May,

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 08, 2022, 08:48:59 pm by TixTheBox »

Look at it differently.

That’s fine to still make signings this window but they simply must be 18-30 month plus contracts.

Otherwise we are just throwing a chunk of next summers budget down the drain on players we won’t even have here next season.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 08, 2022, 08:49:12 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I get what SM says hard to go back on your word and imagine the backlash from fans if there isn't an attempt. The worry is that any attempt is expensive and completely futile. I don't mind so long as it doesn't effect next season.

Peoples concern will be that money spent this Jan might be spent in the summer for a bigger impact because we really don't want to be in L2 more than a season. If extra funds are going to be available in the summer regardless of Jan spend then obviously whats the harm. Other than to TB's bank balance

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 08, 2022, 08:59:45 pm by steve@dcfd »

Look at it differently.

Will they come now every week we get beat will they decide not to come

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
These are the lads currently contracted to be available to start in early August away at Sutton or somewhere equally shit:

Ro-Shaun
Olowu
Knoyle
Taylor
Fejiri
Close
Dodoo
Hiwula
Rowe
Seaman
Ravenhill

I have counted three tackles and five goals in that lot for next season.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:51:06 pm by Chris Black come back »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 08, 2022, 09:55:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
About 7 of them are decent if they are fit. Others should either get gone or be used as squad players.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 08, 2022, 09:59:38 pm by mushRTID »
These are the lads currently contracted to be available to start in early August away at Sutton or somewhere equally shit:

Ro-Shaun
Olowu
Knoyle
Taylor
Fejiri
Close
Dodoo
Hiwula
Rowe
Seaman
Ravenhill

I have counted three tackles and five goals in that lot for next season.

Would expect someone to come in for Rowe. Maybe Olowu.
I imagine Close came here on a bit of money, I wonder if we had a relegation clause in?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
I think we will not see Anderson, Bostock and Fejiri again. Rowe I think due to his age and perhaps naively a modicum of loyalty and shame for what he was captaining this season, may stay.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 08, 2022, 10:05:51 pm by mushRTID »
It’s another rebuild isn’t it.
I’d get Hiwula and Dodoo out if we can too.
Start again.
And for once, please start with an experienced permanent goalkeeper!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012