Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:50:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It’s going to take some serious signings to get us out this…  (Read 3410 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: It’s going to take some serious signings to get us out this…
« Reply #30 on January 08, 2022, 10:08:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If Feji is contracted for next season we should be able to keep him. Not many clubs will spend money on a player whose been out for a whole season. That said not like we can really count on him after so long out.

I'm all for a lot of players leaving even if, like Anderson, they've been good servants to the club. We just need a fresh start and after a whole calendar year of losing every week i think the players need it too for their own sake.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2022, 10:11:15 pm by Retdon1 »
These are the lads currently contracted to be available to start in early August away at Sutton or somewhere equally shit:

Ro-Shaun
Olowu
Knoyle
Taylor
Fejiri
Close
Dodoo
Hiwula
Rowe
Seaman
Ravenhill

I have counted three tackles and five goals in that lot for next season.

Anderson has another year left doesn’t he ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2022, 11:34:51 pm by drfchound »
I knew things would be different when Copps stopped playing but………

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 08, 2022, 11:51:07 pm by StocksArmy »
Wellens should never manage a club again for the signings of Wlliams, Dodoo, Hiwula, Cukur and Vilca. Understand the guy needed numbers on a small budget but looking at the first 3 names mentioned and signing them because of the amount of appearences in League One is shocking.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 09, 2022, 08:27:31 am by grayx »
I knew things would be different when Copps stopped playing but………

Wonder what Copps is thinking of this shambles his club is in?

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Wellens should never manage a club again for the signings of Wlliams, Dodoo, Hiwula, Cukur and Vilca. Understand the guy needed numbers on a small budget but looking at the first 3 names mentioned and signing them because of the amount of appearences in League One is shocking.
Vilca and Dodoo were last minute signings because of depth and tbf to Williams he played very well yesterday and was my MOTM just ahead of Smith and Dahlberg.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 09, 2022, 09:02:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Why was Dodoo given a 2-yr contract. Hardly a proven league 1 striker or winger was he.
Dreadful decision especially as he was only brought in as we had no alternatives it would seem.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 09, 2022, 09:06:56 pm by Jonathan »
Why was Dodoo given a 2-yr contract. Hardly a proven league 1 striker or winger was he.
Dreadful decision especially as he was only brought in as we had no alternatives it would seem.

Desperation I think. And he has a decent record as a winger / wide forward.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 09, 2022, 09:07:40 pm by StocksArmy »
Vilca and Dodoo were last minute signings because of depth and tbf to Williams he played very well yesterday and was my MOTM just ahead of Smith and Dahlberg.

Really? Id let him kick me in face. Sh!te.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member

Really? Id let him kick me in face. Sh!te.
Overall he’s been a poor signing but yesterday he had a very good game and didn’t put a foot wrong.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
he’s not a striker, before this season he had 20 games up front in his career, this season he’s played 14 and has 3 goals 2 assists, not great but considering the team he’s in and that we don’t create much it’s not awful, it’s his hold up play and not being able to make the ball stick up front which has been the main problem with him. Imo he needs a run of games in his natural position out wide.

Before joining us his record as a Winger is:

96 games (61 on the left, 35 on the right)
26 goals (17 on the left, 9 on the right)
8 assists (4 on each wing)

Averaging a G/A every 2.8 games

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 09, 2022, 10:27:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Point stands the guy wasn't even in for consideration as a signing until the window shut suggesting he was very far down our list of preferred strikers. Then to offer a 2 year deal is a huge leap of faith in a player we essentially didn't want. Maybe Dodoo wouldn't sign unless it was a 2 year deal so it was that or no striker at all.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 09, 2022, 11:12:11 pm by swintonrover »
When we go down, and we rebuild in the summer, I don't want ANY loanees. I don't care that we might get players we otherwise couldn't afford. I just want us to build a team of players that are ours and want to play for us, not Premier League 18 year olds getting their careers destroyed before they've even started.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
When we go down, and we rebuild in the summer, I don't want ANY loanees. I don't care that we might get players we otherwise couldn't afford. I just want us to build a team of players that are ours and want to play for us, not Premier League 18 year olds getting their careers destroyed before they've even started.
every team in league 1 and 2 and even championship need to have loans in their squad, can’t see there being any team in the EFL without any loans at all and most clubs in league 1 and 2 have 4/5 loans because they fill the squad and are a lot cheaper than going out and signing permanents so saves a bit of money for the rest of the squad. There’s also sometimes the loan to permanent (try before u buy) option, something we’ve done a lot of in recent years with Whiteman, John, Anderson, Sharp and Mills being the best ones. There are also players like Ramsey, Kane, Wilks, Johnstone and Richards who were key players for us while on loan. Out of the loans we have brought in over the last 10-15 years I’d say there’s been a lot more good than bad.

Just had a quick look through the EFL teams signings this season and out of the 72, there’s only 4 teams who don’t have any loans at all in their team, Wycombe are the only team outside of the championship. 14 teams have 5 loans in their squad and there’s 10 teams who have more than 5 in their squad. Most teams have 3 or 4.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:12:33 am by Bailey Vickerage »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
You have to have some loans in, they are supposed to be the one’s you couldn’t afford to buy, but maybe give you the extra quality and edge in big games.
We’ve had some really good loans in the past. Maybe 2-3 is about the limit, it all depends on what your squad needs after the permanent signing’s.

We’ve got this winter and onwards to stay up yet, a bit soon to throw the towel in. Football is a very funny game and a season can turn on a bit of good fortune.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 10, 2022, 05:32:20 am by dickos1 »
Regarding dodoo I imagine we weren’t the only club wanting him, and offering him a 2 year deal was probably the only way we could get him.
Given the time and the state we were in it’s easy to see why we did everything we could to sign him

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 23, 2022, 07:45:18 am by dickos1 »
I am never one to say it is all over till it is all over but does any one seriously think 4 new players signed even this week will be capable of getting 32 points in 21 games. So that means winning more games than we lose from now to End of April.

Even I am not that stupid and my glass is half full.
Personally I think the towel has been thrown in. There is no belief in the camp that we can escape the drop.
 It is league 2 next season.

Maybe it wasn’t that stupid campsall

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 23, 2022, 07:53:17 am by roversdude »
The towel has definitely not been thrown in, we may have left ourselves with a bit too much to do but at least there is some belief. I’m a believer

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 23, 2022, 08:01:58 am by drfchound »
I don’t believe that the towel has been thrown in rd.
We have to take one game at a time …. but….. IF we can win against Wimbledon and Gillingham we will be on 34 points.
It is now becoming expected that 45 points ish will escape the drop so we would then need 11 points from the last 8 games (even if we lose at Cheltenham).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012