Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:14:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cukur  (Read 3411 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Cukur
« Reply #30 on July 09, 2022, 07:49:24 pm by drfchound »
Of course there is the possibility he is a very good player but wasn’t ready to play L1 football at 18 years old. Not impossible he goes on to have a good career.
Liam Mandeville showed more promise, whatever happened to his career.

Bad attitude and the demon drink.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 10, 2022, 12:17:46 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Of course there is the possibility he is a very good player but wasn’t ready to play L1 football at 18 years old. Not impossible he goes on to have a good career.

It's possible, but if it was, he was hiding his skill set very well. Not a single run, challenge, pass, piece of control or shot did he perform that ever once made me think "Ey up! This lad might have summat."

perhaps i imagined  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: that Rovers were losing 1-0 to Exeter away in the promotion winning season

he came on as a sub was it after an hour with Rovers losing to injury hit Exeter and completely turned the match around - i remember him having a right go at J.M. who subsequently scored

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37881326

"Liam Mandeville came off the bench in the second half to to score one goal and create two for John Marquis as Doncaster Rovers fought back to beat Exeter City.

Mandeville replaced Niall Mason after 69 minute and levelled for Doncaster three minutes later after Exeter had taken the lead through Reuben Reid's penalty.

Reid smashed the ball home after David Wheeler had been brought down by goalkeeper Marko Mariso inside the penalty box.

The lead lasted until the 72nd minute when Mandeville met a James Coppinger cross to head in off the underside of the crossbar as Exeter seemingly froze after going in front.

Reid then had a shot well saved by Mariso, but Doncaster went in front on 78 minutes when a low cross from Mandeville was turned in by John Marquis from six yards.

And Mandeville turned provider again in the 90th minute when he slipped the ball to Marquis, who again beat Exeter goalkeeper James Hamon.

The win sees Darren Ferguson's side go third in the table, while Exeter are yet to win at home this season as the pressure on manager Paul Tisdale continues to grow."

if you look at the table after the match you will see this result completely changed Rovers season - we were then 3rd a mere 8 points behind leaders Plymouth ....  i think it was after that match that i predicted Rovers would never be out of the top 3 -- and was correct  :) :) :) :) :) :)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 12:23:47 am by Colemans Left Hook »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 12, 2022, 06:41:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Err. We were talking about Cukur.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012