Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:09:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Elliot Ward back to Cov  (Read 3432 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Elliot Ward back to Cov
« on March 10, 2010, 10:26:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looks like we can't afford to keep him at the moment.  I suspect that's partly due to spending the wages on Shackell and him not being fit, shame really.  With Martis and Lockwood heading back SOD will save the money (apparently extending Heffs' loan is not enough to pay Ward's wages).

Says we'll be looking at signing him on a free in the summer, but finance and wages will dictate that.  Sounds like Ward's on a fair whack that's above our budget.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Re:Elliot Ward back to Cov
« Reply #1 on March 10, 2010, 12:10:22 pm by The L J Monk »
He's probably better paid than anyone permenant member of our squad, but the issue at the moment may well be that we have brought in JET to boost the numbers. I imagine having signed a 2-year deal at Arsenal that he's on a fair whack. Come the summer and if we see a few of the squad players like McDaid and Guy departing we might be able to cover his wages given there'll be no transfer fee involved.

Incidentally, do we need four keepers? According to the Official Site we have Sully, Woods and then Ben Smith and Benjamin Smith - who've both been given the number 13. I've heard of competition for places, but having to compete for the same shirt number seems a bit much. Time for one of them to go, preferrably the one who can't stop long range shots and went walkabout at Blackpool.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 10, 2010, 12:18:06 pm by bobjimwilly »
The L J Monk wrote:
I've heard of competition for places, but having to compete for the same shirt number seems a bit much. Time for one of them to go, preferrably the one who can't stop long range shots and went walkabout at Blackpool.

:laugh:

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 10, 2010, 01:06:58 pm by bedale rover »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Looks like we can't afford to keep him at the moment.  I suspect that's partly due to spending the wages on Shackell and him not being fit, shame really.  With Martis and Lockwood heading back SOD will save the money (apparently extending Heffs' loan is not enough to pay Ward's wages).

Says we'll be looking at signing him on a free in the summer, but finance and wages will dictate that.  Sounds like Ward's on a fair whack that's above our budget.

i think that you are being premature  by my calculations we signed him on the 15th of february so loan will expire on 14th of march  ie sunday

the commentator on player last night said something similar

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 10, 2010, 03:43:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
Looks like after Saturday he will be heading back to Coventry.
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1989956,00.html

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 10, 2010, 04:16:25 pm by bedale rover »
steve@dcfd wrote:
Looks like after Saturday he will be heading back to Coventry.
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1989956,00.html

ha ha right at last!!! :laugh:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 10, 2010, 05:46:31 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Have I missed an update (Pretty please)? I thought Shackell was out for 8-12 weks - i.e. all season?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 10, 2010, 11:15:25 pm by RoversAlias »
The encouraging thing is that we are interested in signing Ward. I really hope we can find a place in the wage budget to fit him in, he's a damn good player and if we signed him and Shack in the summer to go alongside Martis, Hird & Locky it'd make us a lot stronger in defensive depth.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 10, 2010, 11:18:57 pm by BobG »
That's just too many cenre halves for a club like us. At least one would have to go. So either one of Ward and Shack couldn't be signed, or, if they both were, I suspect one of Hird and Lockwood would be shown the door.

BobG

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 11, 2010, 07:02:42 pm by Dutch Uncle »
In all these calculations for next season, everyone seems to have forgotten Byron Webster - just maybe we might see great things from him next year

TinyPortal © 2005-2012