Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:32:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 'Lethargic  (Read 5523 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
'Lethargic
« on November 09, 2015, 12:05:48 pm by graingrover »
With reference to DF's description of the club having a lethargic feel. What in your opinion / experience could be called lethargic about DRFC?
 Constructive comments preferred .

The area in which I would like to see improvement is in the merchandising of Rovers and all Club Doncaster merchandise including Doncaster Belles , though they are not members of club Doncaster . I believe we should stock all Club Doncaster stuff in the Keepmoat outlet ... extend the shop to include concourses on matchdays and Keepmoat event days ( Fireworks , Family Days etc .). and sharpen up the ONLINE website .... preferably before the Xmas period.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: 'Lethargic
« Reply #1 on November 09, 2015, 12:35:15 pm by glosterred »
I'd like to answer that question, but I can't be bothered

COYR

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 09, 2015, 12:50:29 pm by Jonathan »
I think the club has made significant strides in many areas and the media engagement is much improved from what it was. It also feels like there's a willing and intent to listen to the fans even if actions aren't always as quick as we'd like. I do find these situations of lights and plumbing in the facilities pathetic though. Those kind of things should at least meet a minimum quality threshold and faults should not be rolling on from week to week.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 09, 2015, 02:58:31 pm by hoolahoop »
I think the club has made significant strides in many areas and the media engagement is much improved from what it was. It also feels like there's a willing and intent to listen to the fans even if actions aren't always as quick as we'd like. I do find these situations of lights and plumbing in the facilities pathetic though. Those kind of things should at least meet a minimum quality threshold and faults should not be rolling on from week to week.

Jonathan, unfortunately we have never had anyone with an 'eye for detail' and the energy to see things carried through especially in these little things. Yes little things that matter for customers e. g . the Belle Vue bar where one handryer in the gents has to cater for the needs of hundreds . There used to be 2 ; 1 never worked for 2/3 seasons so they eventually took it out altogether rather than repair it.

Nowhere yes NOWHERE to fecking sit down during the Firework Extravaganza. Why not have fixed benches on the wasted wallspace in the concourses where you can sit and have a drink ffs. Why was the BVB not open ?? Thousands of people there. All potential customers for future events and possibly as supporters hardly attracts ......it detracts and needs addressing. Gallons of beer /wine etc not sold and masses of lost revenue. How many were there ?

I thought there was talk of painting the concourses in club colours as well , what happened to that ? Where were all the adverts advertising satdi's game as well ....they should have plastered the place . It's not hard, it's not expensive, it's.....................LAZINESS.

That's just 1/2 things I can think of . Did John Ryan, Terry Bramall and Dick Watson run their businesses in such a poor fashion. These and many many other matters should have been addressed or capitalised on over the last 10 years. Our infrastructure barely compares with the average Conference club. Still we carry on with the same ''sponsored by TeenyWeeny what's it's fecking name'' crap and the same red and white draw tickets and continual Jackpot not won this week scenarios. The whole club needs to grow up quickly . We are not in the late 1990's still !!

Media   3/10
Marketing   2/10
Merchandising  2/10

Those scores are me being generous too.

Darren Ferguson if you can talk to the appropriate people and tell them how it should run as well as get our team to win on a regular basis.................You might well be a legend at our club.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 09, 2015, 03:23:04 pm by keith79 »
The treatment table has always been poor imo

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 09, 2015, 03:37:40 pm by ScillyRover »
The commentary on RW last game could be termed 'Lethargic' at the very least !  :chair:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 09, 2015, 04:28:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
I believe the lethargic comment was made about things that DF can change. He said it was not the players.

Maybe he wants decision making faster in stead of taking time.
He may want to change things quickly yet other people are taking their time.
We will have see what develops at the club.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 09, 2015, 05:18:41 pm by keith79 »
Like offering players contracts?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 09, 2015, 05:21:53 pm by grayx »
Like offering players contracts?

I'm hoping that.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 09, 2015, 05:27:32 pm by Rovers Return »
Hmmm not sure it's lethargic but more not caring but a lot of money and time put into those murals in the bar and on match day tables and chairs up against them. Not only denying fans the novelty of trying to spot themselves but allowing them to get damaged and before long all the great work by the fans that made it happen goes to waste. Makes you wonder 'Why Bother'!! Lack of appreciation.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 09, 2015, 06:01:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That was noted RR about those tables up against the tables.

The Fan Panel is meeting tomorrow and we have a number of items raised on the agenda, some of which is work in progress however, I'd like to pursue some of these more vigorously. Items which should be included in general maintenance in my view.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2015, 06:09:47 pm by Filo »
That was noted RR about those tables up against the tables.

The Fan Panel is meeting tomorrow and we have a number of items raised on the agenda, some of which is work in progress however, I'd like to pursue some of these more vigorously. Items which should be included in general maintenance in my view.

Assuming the fan panel consists of representatives of all fans groups, can something be discussed about the petty squabbling between the groups and come out with a general concensus where we can all move forward together?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2015, 06:14:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes. Because I'm pig sick of it!

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2015, 07:37:16 pm by CottyRover »

Assuming the fan panel consists of representatives of all fans groups, can something be discussed about the petty squabbling between the groups and come out with a general concensus where we can all move forward together?

That would be a very welcome move!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 10, 2015, 01:40:55 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The quality of the merchandise is far better than we have ever had, the online shop is a plus not having to take the cash for items to games.
The training gear looks really good, shirts etc all of it really, i think a bigger range of things could help, signed team pictures etc would be great then you know they are not fakes like you sometimes get on sale sites

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 10, 2015, 11:14:30 am by graingrover »
Interesting that Liam Holden has qualified DF's remarks on lethagy ... Holden writes that DF is referring to the playing side ( beyond the first team squad. )

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 10, 2015, 12:46:44 pm by Filo »
I know where he's coming from, I signed up and paid a full years alliance membership two weeks ago and haven't had so much as a kiss my arse since, despite 3 follow up emails and an enquiry at the ticket office. I'm thinking of asking for a refund

EDIT: At last I have a response, my membership details are in the post apparently 2 weeks it's taken!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:50:43 pm by Filo »

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2015, 01:19:40 pm by Yorkiered »
You know you are registered once you starting getting an email every Monday telling you who has won each weeks draw.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 10, 2015, 01:23:02 pm by Filo »
You know you are registered once you starting getting an email every Monday telling you who has won each weeks draw.

Not had any yet

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 10, 2015, 04:24:29 pm by Yorkiered »

Not had any yet

It's only been two weeks. Its Doncaster Rovers we are talking about here. We have had up to 6 bulbs out on each floodlight pylon for 12 months and you want a reply within 2 weeks!!!!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 10, 2015, 06:25:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Used to get them but not had them for at least a couple of years.  Probably more.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 10, 2015, 06:44:40 pm by Yorkiered »
Used to get them but not had them for at least a couple of years.  Probably more.

Have you changed your email address by any chance?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 10, 2015, 07:04:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
No mate.  I still get the odd email from the club so I know they still have me.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 10, 2015, 07:16:22 pm by Spankster »
I joined, ticket office can't even find me, I get no emails nor do I get entered in to any of the draws  :turd: gonna cancel my subscription

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 10, 2015, 08:19:29 pm by Filo »
So it's not just me then, you'd think they'd be a bit more switched on when folk are giving them money

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 10, 2015, 09:03:26 pm by idler »
I get the emails every Monday but never won anything yet.😕

TinyPortal © 2005-2012