Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:13:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thiam - did we dodge a bullet  (Read 3322 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Thiam - did we dodge a bullet
« on September 30, 2019, 06:59:54 am by Donnywolf »
Does my memory play tricks on me or were we trying to sign him before he chose Barnsley over us - and many people were "miffed" to say the least ?

If we did we really dodged a bullet (or should that be cannon ball). I was at Oakwell yesterday and my goodness he has a weight problem by the look of him - or they only had size 34 waist shorts and hes a 42
A lot of people may have seem him on Telly but the comments hurles at him were incredible including "we are going down to 10 men now" and "here comes fat a**e - he'll sink on this pitch"

The major thing for me is he did just not look interested in what is his supposed career choice / profession

If we didnt want to sign him then all this post is / was irrelevant like a lot of my stuff  :unsure:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:07:25 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Thiam - did we dodge a bullet
« Reply #1 on September 30, 2019, 07:29:10 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mvoto and James Bailey.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 30, 2019, 08:28:37 am by drfchound »
Wolfie, I saw that Wilks was a sub yesterday.
How did he do when he came on?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 30, 2019, 08:35:20 am by Chris Black come back »
They are not doing very well this season are they?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 30, 2019, 08:45:32 am by Donnywolf »
Wolfie, I saw that Wilks was a sub yesterday.
How did he do when he came on?

The fans greeted his arrival as a potential rescue from the situation. Someone to add pace and get stuck in.

He had an initial couple of runs down the left - won a couple of corners - then he went to CF and became anonymous

TBF Brentford really ran the shown after scoring 45 seconds into half 2 and they outplayed the Tykes who have largely a young and unproven (certainly inexperienced) squad at Championship level

Impressed x 100 with Said Berehama ? of Brentford and their Number 7 who were rampant for most of the Game - even though they were probably assisted by the horrendous conditions. Apparantly Brentford turned down 14 Million for Number 10

Sorry I cant look at the Prog because it being Oakwell I tried not to touch owt lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 30, 2019, 09:00:58 am by drfchound »
Lol on that last phrase mate.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 30, 2019, 10:09:09 am by bobbymax »
Watched second half of the Barnsley match. They were so open at the back you could have driven a bus through their defence. Don't know who was playing left back but he was AWOL every time Brentford went forward. If the away team had shown a bit more composure, they could have had double figures.
Wilks had a good five minutes after he came on and then disappeared when he was moved inside. They look a big side but there was no pace and nobody capable of getting their foot on the ball and making things happen. On that performance, they'll be coming straight back down.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 30, 2019, 10:22:35 am by Donnywolf »
Agree with all that.

Young lad at LB was (is) a RB but they are short of LB's due to injury - and the Manager i seemed preferred him at LB rather that an LB he had in the squad

You were right too - with any composure it could have been 1-5 although Tykes missed a Goalden chance to make it 2-0 late in second half and that could have killed of the Bees - but they didnt

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 30, 2019, 10:38:49 am by anton123 »
I’m sure they paid a lot of money for him from France so don’t think we was after him

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 30, 2019, 10:59:05 am by Donnywolf »
No I think the guy in first reply Mvoto was who I was thinking of.

Thiam wont last long there if he doesnt "put a shift in"

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 30, 2019, 12:42:31 pm by goalkick »
Watched game yesterday Barnsley were very poor.no effort and some of players just ambling around.would struggle in div two.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 30, 2019, 01:24:24 pm by Bezza »
Brentford played very well and when they move into their new stadium will attract good crowds,

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 30, 2019, 02:13:56 pm by Donnywolf »
Agree again . the conditions were atrocious but as we always say its the same for both teams

I cant remember a game (must be thousands maybe Ive seen dozens and forgotten) where a goal arrived inside first minute of each half - and as a "neutral" for they day (yeah right) I couldnt believe the shot that hit the post then rebounded to the bloke who hammered the Bar * and then back to the 14 mill man Berehama who blasted it wide

* I suggested to my 3 Barnsley buddies that the ball was over the line after it hit the Bar

My piece de resistance though was when we were looking out of our Box pre kick off I was rubbng my chin. Whats up asked one and of course I said I was just trying to work out where I was standing that Friday night when we whupped you 5-1

They do a nice Nut Roast though

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 30, 2019, 05:40:43 pm by drfchound »
Agree again . the conditions were atrocious but as we always say its the same for both teams

I cant remember a game (must be thousands maybe Ive seen dozens and forgotten) where a goal arrived inside first minute of each half - and as a "neutral" for they day (yeah right) I couldnt believe the shot that hit the post then rebounded to the bloke who hammered the Bar * and then back to the 14 mill man Berehama who blasted it wide

* I suggested to my 3 Barnsley buddies that the ball was over the line after it hit the Bar

My piece de resistance though was when we were looking out of our Box pre kick off I was rubbng my chin. Whats up asked one and of course I said I was just trying to work out where I was standing that Friday night when we whupped you 5-1

They do a nice Nut Roast though

That was one of my first away games Wolfie.
Back then, no segregation of course, and my dad took myself and cousin Alan (yes, that one).
We were about on halfway on the opposite side to the exec boxes.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 30, 2019, 06:39:11 pm by Donnywolf »
Amazingly I met up with my twin Cousins for that game - both Tykes of course - and yesterday I shared a Box with them. They are now 73 and we were all together again (nowts changed I still wanted an away win)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 30, 2019, 07:52:49 pm by tyke1962 »
I can't disagree with rovers fans who watched our game yesterday .

We were given a hiding and were lucky to escape conceding only three goals .

This young group are currently out of their depth ...massively but not helped either by the Head Coach whose tactics can only be best described as gung ho , although in fairness the last two performances against the heavyweights Leeds and Forest promised much with an attacking philosophy , we were worth a point on both occasions .

You have to factor in the clubs model as to why we find the championship so difficult , this is the second time in three years we've experienced key players moving on prior to the start of a championship campaign .

The four key players Adam Davies , Ethan Pinnock , Liam Lindsay and Kieffer Moore all wanted significantly more money , money the club can't afford to pay given it's self sustainable model .

Offers were made for replacements with significant championship experience but their wage demands were off the scale , it's worth pointing out our opponents yesterday Brentford are millions upon millions of pounds in debt to their owner , it's to be hoped for their sake he remains interested .

The only options open to us are to recruit younger talent and the wage demands we can service .

Yes it's hard to take when you are struggling and there are moans and groans  ..... understandably but the fact is nobody wants to see the financial side of the club placed in jeopardy , this club means too much to our town and we don't want to become a Bolton or a Bury just by playing the insane championship game .

The good news is the clubs policy seems to produce a very very good league one squad and its not the end of the world if we take the drop once again although there are never any guarantees .

One day we might crack the championship , maybe we won't but we will always have a club and given the way some clubs are financially operating at this level something will give and maybe just maybe the league may start to come more towards ourselves and Rovers .

We live in hope .

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 08:23:41 pm by tyke1962 »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 01, 2019, 09:42:34 am by bobbymax »
I can't disagree with rovers fans who watched our game yesterday .

We were given a hiding and were lucky to escape conceding only three goals .

This young group are currently out of their depth ...massively but not helped either by the Head Coach whose tactics can only be best described as gung ho , although in fairness the last two performances against the heavyweights Leeds and Forest promised much with an attacking philosophy , we were worth a point on both occasions .

You have to factor in the clubs model as to why we find the championship so difficult , this is the second time in three years we've experienced key players moving on prior to the start of a championship campaign .

The four key players Adam Davies , Ethan Pinnock , Liam Lindsay and Kieffer Moore all wanted significantly more money , money the club can't afford to pay given it's self sustainable model .

Offers were made for replacements with significant championship experience but their wage demands were off the scale , it's worth pointing out our opponents yesterday Brentford are millions upon millions of pounds in debt to their owner , it's to be hoped for their sake he remains interested .

The only options open to us are to recruit younger talent and the wage demands we can service .

Yes it's hard to take when you are struggling and there are moans and groans  ..... understandably but the fact is nobody wants to see the financial side of the club placed in jeopardy , this club means too much to our town and we don't want to become a Bolton or a Bury just by playing the insane championship game .

The good news is the clubs policy seems to produce a very very good league one squad and its not the end of the world if we take the drop once again although there are never any guarantees .

One day we might crack the championship , maybe we won't but we will always have a club and given the way some clubs are financially operating at this level something will give and maybe just maybe the league may start to come more towards ourselves and Rovers .

We live in hope .

Must say, Tyke, I admire Barnsley's philosophy and hope that your youngsters come through.
My post was more a comment on what appeared a total lack of discipline and tactics in the only time I've seen Barnsley this season - you were very organised last season. Your coach seemed to have no thoughts as to how to counter Brentford other than score more goals than they did. Once they got in front, it was game over.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 02, 2019, 09:28:23 pm by drfchound »
Barnsley losing again tonight. Scored first but now 2-1 with then minutes to play.
Wilks on as a late sub again.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 02, 2019, 09:47:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Last minute equaliser for them from Woodrow, so they've secured a draw.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 09:51:07 pm by RoversAlias »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 02, 2019, 09:56:04 pm by drfchound »
That might give them confidence.
A decent run of good results is needed.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 02, 2019, 10:42:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
Still not many points mind - you could count them on one hand in Barnsley.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012