Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:46:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Old Rovers Programs  (Read 2552 times)

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
Old Rovers Programs
« on March 15, 2013, 01:26:41 am by Sandy Lane »
I have a friend who is married to someone  from Darlo, and last time she was over visiting her in laws, she mentioned that she has a friend who follows the Rovers so her FIL gave her three old Rovers programs to give to me.  They are from 1965, 1968 and I think 1969 but I could be a bit off on the dates as I don't have them handy to double check.

Any road, as lovely as it was for him to pass them along to me, I thought that maybe one of you may be interested in having them since I know that some of you collect them.

I'll happily give them to anyone who is interested, so please PM me and I'll post them off to you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Old Rovers Programs
« Reply #1 on March 15, 2013, 10:20:08 am by Mr1Croft »
Could you (once you do have them to hand) check the dates and games they were on please?

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 15, 2013, 07:40:27 pm by Sandy Lane »
Sheesh, details, details.  ;)  #kidding. I should have had this info ready:

23 Nov 1963
19 Sept 1966
4 Nov 1967

Oh, they were all DRFC v Darlo.

Edit: They're spoken for now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:46:31 pm by Sandy Lane »

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 15, 2013, 09:12:55 pm by 1879Rovers »
The 1963 game is the 10-0 game

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 15, 2013, 09:32:44 pm by RobTheRover »
Wow,  that's a real piece of Rovers history there,  Sandy.

I reckon that's worth a fortune to a serious collector. The programme from Rovers biggest ever away win (until we go to Scunthorpe next weekend).

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 15, 2013, 09:35:08 pm by RedRover45 »
Un

I reckon that's worth a fortune to a serious collector. The programme from Rovers biggest ever away win (until we go to Scunthorpe next weekend).
[/quote

Unfortunately Rob, the match was at Belle Vue not Feethams...and furthermore the programme is as common as muck but nice try ;-)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 15, 2013, 11:39:55 pm by BobG »
Is there a new Darlo anywhere? Anyone know?

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 16, 2013, 12:13:35 am by RobTheRover »

Unfortunately Rob, the match was at Belle Vue not Feethams...and furthermore the programme is as common as muck but nice try ;-)

Chuff me. Schoolboy error. Too desperate to shoehorn a stuffing of Scunthorpe.....

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 16, 2013, 12:24:52 am by StocktonRover »
Is there a new Darlo anywhere? Anyone know?

Cheers

BobG
Bob,
Darlington 1883 now play in the Northern League - currently they are top of the table (27 points clear I think) but Spennymoor have 10 games in hand on them and could go top if they win them all. its unlikely as they will be playing up to 4 games a week towards the end of the season.
Darlington are averaging about 1300 for home games and take anywhere between 500 to a 1000 fans to each away game (all in North East).
They currently play their home games at West Auckland snd havent managed a Saturday home game since before Christmas so are experiencing cas flow problems and appear to be struggling financially.

Being up in the NE, I tend to follow their results with a bit of interest.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 16, 2013, 01:53:21 am by BobG »
Thank you Stockton. Appreciate that. I'm glad some embers still have some heat in them. But no home games in 3 months is a bit of a bugger. How's that come about? I hope they make it.

And, if you can be bothered, what on Earth is happening/going to happen at that white elephant? Is it easily 'take apart able'? Lol. Shift it down the A1 maybe!

Cheers

BobG

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 16, 2013, 07:56:19 am by Donnywolf »

wow

for a split second there I had "closure" on an issue that has bugged me since 1963. WHY did I miss Rovers record win 10-0 v Darlo

then reading your post I thought (in that millisecond) aha they were away all along... but then I realised you were wrong and the old irritation resurfaced

DAMN DAMN DAMN

I have the Prog too from e-bay for 50p

Cheers Wolfie (the 7's going well too cheers)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 16, 2013, 08:16:14 am by StocktonRover »
Thank you Stockton. Appreciate that. I'm glad some embers still have some heat in them. But no home games in 3 months is a bit of a bugger. How's that come about? I hope they make it.

And, if you can be bothered, what on Earth is happening/going to happen at that white elephant? Is it easily 'take apart able'? Lol. Shift it down the A1 maybe!

Cheers

BobG
Just to clarify Bob, they have had no home saturday games but have had a few midweek games.

Because they share West Aucklands ground, it gets a lot of use and isn't a particularly good surface. West Auckland had the luxury of having a brand new out of town ground built a few years ago when their original ground was sold for development.
The trouble is hat the new ground is built adjacent to marshland so when it rains (or this year when the snow melts), the water has nowhere to go hence a high number of postponements.

The old "Reynolds" arena is currently being used by Darlington Mowden Rugby  Club - no idea what sort of crowds they get?

Darlo do have very good website where its worth a look to see their progress

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2013, 08:24:17 am by wilts rover »

Cheers

BobG
Just to clarify Bob, they have had no home saturday games but have had a few midweek games.

Because they share West Aucklands ground, it gets a lot of use and isn't a particularly good surface. West Auckland had the luxury of having a brand new out of town ground built a few years ago when their original ground was sold for development.
The trouble is hat the new ground is built adjacent to marshland so when it rains (or this year when the snow melts), the water has nowhere to go hence a high number of postponements.

The old "Reynolds" arena is currently being used by Darlington Mowden Rugby  Club - no idea what sort of crowds they get?

Darlo do have very good website where its worth a look to see their progress

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/

It would appear they have two good websites Stockton - this is the offical one, video highligts and all

http://www.darlington1883.co.uk/

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 16, 2013, 11:48:23 am by richtherover »
I have a friend who is married to someone  from Darlo, and last time she was over visiting her in laws, she mentioned that she has a friend who follows the Rovers so her FIL gave her three old Rovers programs to give to me.  They are from 1965, 1968 and I think 1969 but I could be a bit off on the dates as I don't have them handy to double check.

Any road, as lovely as it was for him to pass them along to me, I thought that maybe one of you may be interested in having them since I know that some of you collect them.

I'll happily give them to anyone who is interested, so please PM me and I'll post them off to you.

Wasn't the 10-0 game in January 1964???

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 16, 2013, 11:50:49 am by richtherover »
Sorry - reply was meant to read - "Wasn't the 10-0 game in Jan 1964?"

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 16, 2013, 03:25:45 pm by Sandy Lane »
Yes, the 10-0 match was on 25th Jan 1964 (per google search anyway).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012