Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:43:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Frustrating game.  (Read 3093 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Frustrating game.
« on March 16, 2013, 05:20:42 pm by normal rules »
Sounds like rovers had the chance to put the game to bed today with Paynter missing a few and Jones heading over. The results went our way too, again.

Goal diff is looking goo now though. Cant believ Stevenage stuffed 4 past the blades.
Looking forward to Praise or Grumble tonight.

Must beat Scunny.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Frustrating game.
« Reply #1 on March 16, 2013, 05:22:46 pm by donnievic »
Results went our way ???? You mean one result I take it

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 16, 2013, 05:24:03 pm by RoversAlias »
Results went our way ???? You mean one result I take it

Two went our way.

And we were bound to have games like this in the run-in. No need to panic.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 16, 2013, 05:25:07 pm by donnievic »
What two????

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 16, 2013, 05:27:26 pm by donnievic »
In not class tranmere as one as I don't think they will even finish in the play offs

The team to watch for the play offs for me are Layton orient

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 16, 2013, 05:27:43 pm by RoversAlias »
Sheffield United and Tranmere both got battered away. Not hard to figure out that that is two result going our way.

It would be foolish to write Tranmere off already, they're 6 points behind us and that is not that big a lead in this current climate.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 16, 2013, 05:34:59 pm by mushRTID »
I'm not looking at Tranmeres results anymore. Not a threat.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 16, 2013, 05:39:35 pm by Donnylass »
Frustrating is putting it mildly. I really couldn't see what the game plan was today.
The first half we kept possesion but seemed to make little attempt at actually getting the ball any where near the goal. It was as if we were already 4-0 up.
Second half there was still hardly any emphasis on attacking, but by then Portmouth started to respond and we were loosing the ball left, right and centre. You could see their goal coming a mile away. We tried to get one back towards the end of the game, but seeing as it took 36minutes to get the first, it was almost inevitable that it would be a draw.
What was most frustrating is that in parts they played some good football, just seemed to forget where the goal was.

:rtid:

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 16, 2013, 05:42:53 pm by Donnylass »
In not class tranmere as one as I don't think they will even finish in the play offs

The team to watch for the play offs for me are Layton orient

Leyton Orient  - Yes, I grew up in Leytonstone and until I moved they were my home team. They have been quietly improving and climbing the table and I hope they get in the play offs ( With Donny in automatic spot of course  ;) )

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 16, 2013, 05:45:39 pm by Standanista »
Frustrating game to listen to as well, the commentary was crap.

pubteam

« Reply #10 on March 16, 2013, 05:48:14 pm by pubteam »
Piss poor performance. Pompey were shite and we let them get away with it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 16, 2013, 05:54:11 pm by MachoMadness »
Very frustrating to be pegged back but these things happen. We've ground out so many results this season it was bound to go against us one time. Feels a bit like a defeat to be honest but we've got to dust ourselves off and not feel too sorry for ourselves. Just feel like if we'd kept Copps on for 5-10 more minutes, and not been so keen to get Furman on, that their spirit would have caved and we'd have seen the game out no problem.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2013, 06:05:18 pm by normal rules »
Tranmere will be a threat when we play them at home.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 16, 2013, 06:08:21 pm by RoversAlias »
A week ago Bournemouth were 5 points behind us in 7th and on a 4/5 game losing run. Are they not to be worried about either?

Don't count your chickens and all that.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 16, 2013, 06:29:01 pm by weststander »
I thought we were shite. Really poor performance emphasised by poor decision making all over the pitch. You would have thought with the way we scored the goal, it would have given the players a clue about how to attack Pompey. Instead too slow and ponderous.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 16, 2013, 06:30:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We were both shite but they were shitter, so we should have won.

pubteam

« Reply #16 on March 16, 2013, 08:00:58 pm by pubteam »
I thought we were shite. Really poor performance emphasised by poor decision making all over the pitch. You would have thought with the way we scored the goal, it would have given the players a clue about how to attack Pompey. Instead too slow and ponderous.

We were. I did say "piss poor performance".

I just thought Pompey were atrocious. It was criminal that we allowed them to get a draw out of it. That's how bad we were.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 16, 2013, 08:29:47 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't really expect Portsmouth to be any different- they are a team made up of loanees, free agents and youth teamers. But we should be a lot better than that.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 17, 2013, 12:13:24 pm by DonnyRTID »
A week ago Bournemouth were 5 points behind us in 7th and on a 4/5 game losing run. Are they not to be worried about either?

They were 10 points behind us last week, they're 5 behind us now!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 17, 2013, 01:12:32 pm by donnievic »
Sheffield United and Tranmere both got battered away. Not hard to figure out that that is two result going our way.

It would be foolish to write Tranmere off already, they're 6 points behind us and that is not that big a lead in this current climate.
no I don't see tranmere a threat think they have won 13 points this year,can't see them making the top 2 where as always thought Bournemouth would be there abouts even when they were gaving there poor run

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 17, 2013, 02:20:57 pm by hoolahoop »

They were 10 points behind us last week, they're 5 behind us now!

Bournemouth are you having a giraffe ? Imo they will be lucky to stay in the P/Offs let alone the auto places. Every team in the top 8 will struggle to put any meaningful run together as a) they take points off each other or b) they are taking on teams who are literally 'fighting for their lives/any respect. The latter is the more dangerous foe currently for all teams harbouring promotion intentions as we have seen over the last couple of weeks.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 17, 2013, 02:28:19 pm by River Don »
Sounds like rovers had the chance to put the game to bed today with Paynter missing a few and Jones heading over. The results went our way too, again.

Goal diff is looking goo now though. Cant believ Stevenage stuffed 4 past the blades.
Looking forward to Praise or Grumble tonight.

Must beat Scunny.

I went to Stevenage and we were a little bit lucky there.

This league is much of a muchness, Sheff Utd getting stuffed at Stevenage does not surprise me in the least.

We are at the top by default, we've had some bad results but some how we are still on top. Really we should be a long way ahead but we're still sweating...

Bizarre as it seems in our position, pressure is still very much on Flynn.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012