Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:33:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boo's  (Read 5578 times)

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
Boo's
« on March 16, 2013, 07:35:04 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Not at the game today but just seen Cotts has posted on Twitter that we were booing our own team today. Someone who went please tell me this isn't true

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: Boo's
« Reply #1 on March 16, 2013, 07:37:36 pm by Superspy »
There were boo's at full time. To be honest I can't work out why.

newcomer1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 16, 2013, 07:39:09 pm by newcomer1 »
We've just drawn to a team bottom of the league and you can't understand why people are disappointed?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 16, 2013, 07:39:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Pro footballers are so sensitive aren't they. Surely you're not that surprised people boo if they are not happy with the performance? How else should they show their displeasure when they've paid good money!?

Personally didn't hear too much booing at the end but so what, they should get over it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 16, 2013, 07:39:43 pm by RoversAlias »
There seems to be every time we don't win. It's a bit silly but that is the standard we seem to have come to expect for some bizarre reason.

I don't get it at all, I get heated during games and sometimes yell some negative things to players or the team but I never boo them. Didn't boo them when we got humbled 6-0 by Ipswich so I'm not going to start just because we drew a game.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 16, 2013, 07:43:06 pm by idler »
Were some of the boos directed at the ref or West Stand linesman?
Neither endeared themselves to the crowd.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 16, 2013, 07:44:56 pm by Superspy »
We've just drawn to a team bottom of the league and you can't understand why people are disappointed?

I can understand disappointment. I'm disappointed that we didn't win, but nowhere close to being disappointed enough to boo when looking at the bigger picture.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 16, 2013, 07:48:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
There seems to be every time we don't win. It's a bit silly but that is the standard we seem to have come to expect for some bizarre reason.

I don't get it at all, I get heated during games and sometimes yell some negative things to players or the team but I never boo them. Didn't boo them when we got humbled 6-0 by Ipswich so I'm not going to start just because we drew a game.

Now that 6-0 was a piece of shit. Didn't Wilson play up front and Copps at centre back? Absolutely atrocious. Almost as bad as the SOD nadirs of Reading 4-3 away and the Oakwell humiliation vs 10 men.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 16, 2013, 07:56:09 pm by drfcbenny625 »
I can see why the players are peeved though. Ok it sounds like it was a poor game but we are top of the league and have actually extended our gap over the Blunts and yet some feel the need to boo. Baffles me

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 16, 2013, 08:07:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
I think the boo'ers really need to get a grip  :facepalm:

pubteam

« Reply #10 on March 16, 2013, 08:11:13 pm by pubteam »

This. Never boo at the game.

Walk away disappointed, yes. But what exactly does booing achieve? It seems to me that it's counterproductive in every sense.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 16, 2013, 08:12:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Pro footballers are so sensitive aren't they....

The problem is that we are midway through the transition from footballers being sportsmen to being artistes.

There's still flashes of the old guard with the likes of Brown, Keegan, Hume, McCombe and of course Rob Jones - but there's a good example of the transition. That north-east drawl, and Corporal Jones, the never say die attitude is all classic sportsman-like and where his heart is. Then there's the push from fans and the club with him becoming the icon, Rob Jones Day, and JRs "Captain Fantastic" - describing the artiste footballer, the classy showman. I can excuse JR as I suspect he is partly caught in the history of the club, bringing back the ghost of our very first "Super Hero" centre-half from the immortal 1901-02 season, Arthur Jones who was known as "Spider Jones".

The players I see as having made that transition to the other side, our fully fledged artistes, are Bennett, Cotts and G.Woods, all sensitive types and more likely to want to frame their moment of skill for all to see rather than just get on with it.

Others like Sulli, Copps, Paynter and  Spurr have their feet firmly in both camps.

With the lighter ball, the pretty boots, the pre-match hugggy huddle, the "arenas", plastic pitches and all the trimmings around the game its all heading towards the artiste being the evolutionary successor to the sportsman. Goals will become less important than style. Judges will award points at the end of games. Hey, we'll all get used to it. We have so far.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 16, 2013, 08:14:43 pm by hoolahoop »
I think the boo'ers really need to get a grip  :facepalm:

I'm with you ..........if you're reading this 'boo'ers' then fecking pack it in .

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 16, 2013, 08:27:13 pm by The Red Baron »
Were some of the boos directed at the ref or West Stand linesman?
Neither endeared themselves to the crowd.

Now they thoroughly deserved it. An ineffectual referee and a lino who didn't know what was/ wasn't offside.

Might some of the boos been directed at the bench as well? I wasn't booing but I have to confess to shouting on more that one occasion for Flynn to change things- especially when we were being overrun by a team that has been thrown together- and looked like it too.

vikingwill

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 16, 2013, 08:49:12 pm by vikingwill »
Booing is not going to achieve anything and will eventually ruin the good relationship between the players and fans.

However, the team are professionals and should not be so sensitive to 'criticism'. A lot of the money that the fans pay goes towards players wages so it always seems bizarre to me that the players think they have good grounds to complain if they do get booed.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 16, 2013, 11:11:12 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
We must be the only team in the country sat top of the league whose fans boo if we don't win. Have a look at yourselves  :thumbdown:

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 16, 2013, 11:20:37 pm by MiKA »
There was a lot of booing from the fans near us today, it's just way out of order.

To the lad who sat in the south stand, row k in around seat 325 (normally sits in the row behind), you're a fcuking disgrace, if you hate Woods, Cotts, Quinn and others so much go sit in the north stand and you can slag them off and boo all you like!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 17, 2013, 01:04:27 am by newyankee »
People asked why we were doing better away than at home. Well this thread gives you the answer, those who go to away games are real supporters, those at home games are the real supporters with a swelling of those who are NEVER satisfied.

It seems as though we have some of the best and a lot of the worst supporters in the league.  Telling them to get a grip is a waste of time because many of them go to games wanting the team to fail. They are those who supported SOD and not DS and now those same people who won't accept Brian Flynn, saying they want DS back.  You can't win with these people.

It's unfortunate, but I am afraid these morons won't give up going because they enjoy slagging everyone and everything about the club., they are not happy unless miserable.

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 17, 2013, 01:15:19 am by dodge »
Bang out of order to all the booers. Just look at the pompey fans and feel discraced. If only our fans were a tenth of theres we might just find that 12th man to push the winner. But thats just not us is it !!!!!!!!!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 17, 2013, 08:08:28 am by steve@dcfd »
Not justifying the booing but it happens at all grounds. The problem being is expectation. A lot of fans even on this forum expected us just to turn up and win yesterday, look at the Pompey predication thread. Last week Everton fans were the same having lost to Wigan a game they expected to win. So if players are upset then they should perform at home. If we do not get automatic promotion it will be because of our home record 29 pts from 19 games. Which is a team that is only just ti the top ten of the league not top of the league. The team must learn to kill off games and the fans should temper their expectations, including some die hards on this forum, who never boo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:27:31 am by steve@dcfd »

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 17, 2013, 08:13:27 am by gillinghamrover »
I don't advocate booing your own, however if you've payed to watch you're entitled to express your opinion(without the use of foul and abusive language of course!). Professional footy players need to get a little bit more thick skinned, they are a privileged bunch on very reasonable wages for what "work" they do. People cheer,people boo get over it.

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 17, 2013, 09:37:25 am by viking87 »
There was a lot of booing from the fans near us today, it's just way out of order.

To the lad who sat in the south stand, row k in around seat 325 (normally sits in the row behind), you're a fcuking disgrace, if you hate Woods, Cotts, Quinn and others so much go sit in the north stand and you can slag them off and boo all you like!

We got into a bit of shit for clapping our own players at the end.. Some fan turned around and said I hope your clapping for pompey?! in which we replied. We're clapping for rovers you should clap for them too, support your team etc. Then he said, I bet I've been a rovers fan longer than you! (What's that got to do with the price of bacon I said? I mean this guy was about 40.. So yes maybe you have. Who cares..) Does make me think how bitter fans can be.. We get shit for clapping are own players.. I'm a rovers fan, win , lose or draw and I'll cheer them on whatever the performance and score

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 17, 2013, 09:46:23 am by MiKA »
Well personally I'd say you're a better Rovers Supporter than he is then, no matter how long he's supported the club. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 17, 2013, 10:08:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
Cheap boo's should be banned. It can cause all sorts of problems.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 17, 2013, 10:36:40 am by eastender »

Now that 6-0 was a piece of shit. Didn't Wilson play up front and Copps at centre back? Absolutely atrocious. Almost as bad as the SOD nadirs of Reading 4-3 away and the Oakwell humiliation vs 10 men.

We played lightweight Sheils up front as the lone striker , totally ineffective .  :thumbdown:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 17, 2013, 01:29:03 pm by graingrover »
I have got a very unpalatable view on supporters who continually slag of their own team ..  I bet most of them are actually losers and have little to cheer themselves about when it comes down to it . If you track the posts on here that are always negative whatever the subject ask yourslf who is this guy ... very unlikely to be a winner .

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 17, 2013, 01:50:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I have got a very unpalatable view on supporters who continually slag of their own team ..  I bet most of them are actually losers and have little to cheer themselves about when it comes down to it . If you track the posts on here that are always negative whatever the subject ask yourslf who is this guy ... very unlikely to be a winner .

I think the problem is simply more about people who, on a sunny day, will hunt for the shaddows as signs of darkness to come. Theirs is a land of perpetual gloom and we should shine a light for them, guide them to the world that is Top of the League, not Bury'd.

Hey, its Sunday ;)

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 17, 2013, 02:09:02 pm by viking87 »
Good way of putting it graing, we're all guilty of wingeing and shouting to egg the team on if a mistake is made. But I think the lad has really taken for granted the quality on his doorstep. Very soar fan

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 17, 2013, 02:23:11 pm by RoversAlias »

We got into a bit of shit for clapping our own players at the end.. Some fan turned around and said I hope your clapping for pompey?! in which we replied. We're clapping for rovers you should clap for them too, support your team etc. Then he said, I bet I've been a rovers fan longer than you! (What's that got to do with the price of bacon I said? I mean this guy was about 40.. So yes maybe you have. Who cares..) Does make me think how bitter fans can be.. We get shit for clapping are own players.. I'm a rovers fan, win , lose or draw and I'll cheer them on whatever the performance and score

Dear me. The proverbial cock-waving never ends with some of our fans does it! Cannot believe some of the things i'm hearing about how sections of our support act. Shouting at people not to stand up when we score, telling other fans only to applaud the opposition.

Christ above.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 17, 2013, 02:52:07 pm by nice one rovers »
 :)
Cheap boo's should be banned. It can cause all sorts of problems.

Nice one. :)
MODS: Can we have one of those emoticons  for these jokes. Maybe a tumble weed or something whooshing overhead?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012