Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:50:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 62 Nuneaton and Lincoln fans arrested  (Read 4090 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: 62 Nuneaton and Lincoln fans arrested
« Reply #1 on March 17, 2013, 07:43:06 am by Dagenham Rover »
Well just to play a bit of devils advocate

"He added: "The fact that 62 people have been arrested is testament to our commitment to tackle violence and disorder within the county."

Could it really be  " We were over zealous with the arrests and just arrested anybody in the vicinity"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:47:31 am by Dagenham Rover »

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 17, 2013, 08:08:31 am by gillinghamrover »
With 62 fans arrested it begs the question how many were left to watch the game!!! 😜

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2013, 08:15:08 am by Rios »
I'd be highly surprised if more than half a dozen of those arrested are charged.  If only three people wanted to go and watch the footy and could have been in that vicinity by pure coincidence, why is it reported as a football violence incident?  Were the EDL or other organisation there that day?

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 17, 2013, 08:35:16 am by sheffield exile1 »
I see no connection in that article to football, it was a brawl in a pub 2 miles away?????

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 17, 2013, 09:43:33 am by duggiesmyhero »
Was football related, seems most of the arrests were to prevent further incidents between rival fans. Non league football is a hotbed for football hooliganism now

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 17, 2013, 10:07:25 am by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
I used to live next door to the Copper in charge of Rovers Policing and he told me that Lincoln were known for hooligans. Always plenty of plod when they were in town.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 17, 2013, 02:08:46 pm by RoversAlias »
Lincoln have a well known hooligan contingent and I'm not so sure Nuneaton have a totally clean history either.

I'm just glad Nuneaton won. Lincoln could be int he BSN next year!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 17, 2013, 08:48:16 pm by normal rules »
Lincoln are widely regarded as having the largest "risk" element in lower league football and that includes league one and two.
This sounds like a pre-arranged meet between the two risk groups and does not surprise me. There is footage on youtube of some serious disorder in Lincoln when Luton came to town earlier in season and about 20 were arrested for that incident.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 17, 2013, 08:52:03 pm by philsky »
Lincoln are widely regarded as having the largest "risk" element in lower league football and that includes league one and two.
This sounds like a pre-arranged meet between the two risk groups and does not surprise me. There is footage on youtube of some serious disorder in Lincoln when Luton came to town earlier in season and about 20 were arrested for that incident.

The football special to Lincoln was a fun trip ! [back in the day]

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 17, 2013, 08:57:34 pm by RobTheRover »
I remember a load of Rovers fans getting ambushed at the back of Sincil Bank where that little bridge is.  Must have been very early 90s.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 17, 2013, 09:00:02 pm by philsky »
I remember a load of Rovers fans getting ambushed at the back of Sincil Bank where that little bridge is.  Must have been very early 90s.

RTR, i was there. It was a shocker.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 17, 2013, 09:07:24 pm by LincolnDonny »
I heard ALL Lincoln supporters tried to leave at Half -Time to go home but they was slung back in and told to take their medicine.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 17, 2013, 09:54:23 pm by not on facebook »
Lincoln are 110 per cent Lincoln with no Help from other clubs.

While nuneaton Will have likes Of WBA lads and Rotherham lads within Their ranks at times.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 17, 2013, 10:44:07 pm by normal rules »
Local Nuneaton rag online states 87 arrests, none from Lincoln!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 17, 2013, 10:50:06 pm by MrFrost »
Local Nuneaton rag online states 87 arrests, none from Lincoln!

That's all their fans isn't it?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 18, 2013, 01:27:50 am by RedRover45 »
I went to Nuneaton a couple of years ago whilst ground hopping as they're at a new ground since we met them in the Conference. There was about 20 mutters roaming around inside the ground as there was no segregation at a pretty low key match. Rigo got very close to getting punched for opening his mouth too much lol. Funny enough, there was no sign of any problems when Rovers visited Nuneaton a decade ago.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 18, 2013, 01:49:35 am by DMnumber4 »
I went to Nuneaton a couple of years ago whilst ground hopping as they're at a new ground since we met them in the Conference. There was about 20 mutters roaming around inside the ground as there was no segregation at a pretty low key match. Rigo got very close to getting punched for opening his mouth too much lol. Funny enough, there was no sign of any problems when Rovers visited Nuneaton a decade ago.

I remember going in 2002 I think it was, and they kept Rovers in for ages after the game on 'police advice'.

One young lad was desperate for the toilet, so Jimmy Kelly took him to the changing rooms!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 18, 2013, 03:07:25 am by RoversAlias »

I remember going in 2002 I think it was, and they kept Rovers in for ages after the game on 'police advice'.

One young lad was desperate for the toilet, so Jimmy Kelly took him to the changing rooms!

I remember that, felt like we were kept in the ground for an age! Also remember Jimmy Kelly taking the kid to the toilet but the police weren't happy about that either.

At least we won 3-0 if my memory serves me right.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012