Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:03:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Subs were a factor today  (Read 1132 times)

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
Subs were a factor today
« on March 17, 2013, 06:35:24 am by sheffield exile1 »
Saw Lundstram was struggling for a period before he was subbed, and having lost Copps the midfield looked out of sorts and i think that contributed greatly to Portsmouth smelling blood and grasping their opportunity, Saying that we should have put the game to bed by then. Hume was his usual breath of fresh air when he came on, so that was a positive and my mate from Portsmouth was telling me that they have only lost by the odd missed chance/silly mistake recently, so maybe in a slightly false position. However, i did come away with a feeling of uneasiness at, if we do go up, what our team will look like and perform like next year, the words massive gulf come to mind. On a cheerier note radio dee dah had the blunts still in second place until 5.20 when they announced, before 10 mins of Dave Jones' monotone bleat, that they had overlooked the late Brentford goal.....priceless from the station which covers south yorkshire and north derbys....but really the city of sheffield !! 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Subs were a factor today
« Reply #1 on March 17, 2013, 10:56:14 am by benaldo »
I agree with you. Lundstrum was obviously struggling after he turned his ankle (on the piss poor pitch) and really should have been subbed straight away. As for Radio Sheffield....
I heard that "goal announcement" too and could only laugh. Usual biased mourning went on after it was announced. But Dave Jones is a legend on there! His inane drivel is like listening to one of the children at my step daughters school (she's autistic). How anybody can get a decently paid job like Jones has and come out with things like (and this was from last night) - "Obviously we've scored goals in other games. It's common sense. What your caller is going on about it is.....well......er.. hindsight is a wonderful thing." and "he's gone and got the ball" (since when was the English language bas**rdised by football to such an extent that we now communicate about it in mixed tenses??!). Dave Jones is proof that if you could shave a monkey and teach it a vocabulary of about 150 words, it could get a job managing "Sheffield's biggest" football club.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 17, 2013, 11:04:29 am by The Red Baron »
I used to groan whenever I heard that Dave Moans was about to be "interviewed" (aka fawned over) as I listened to Deedar on the drive back home. Now I find it quite amusing- to see if he really CAN manage to say exactly the same things he said the week before. He doesn't usually disappoint in that regard at least.

Loved the way that the obsequious Mr Staton described an earlier caller's question to Jones as "obnoxious." OK, asking the manager when are we likely to score again might be considered tongue in cheek or facetious- but obnoxious?

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2013, 11:10:50 am by timdrfc »
Have to agree with all thats been said on here plus whenever we turn on Sheffield Radio it's always monotone drivel for ten minutes from Mr Jones !

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 17, 2013, 11:16:00 am by hoolahoop »
I used to groan whenever I heard that Dave Moans was about to be "interviewed" (aka fawned over) as I listened to Deedar on the drive back home. Now I find it quite amusing- to see if he really CAN manage to say exactly the same things he said the week before. He doesn't usually disappoint in that regard at least.

Loved the way that the obsequious Mr Staton described an earlier caller's question to Jones as "obnoxious." OK, asking the manager when are we likely to score again might be considered tongue in cheek or facetious- but obnoxious?

It really is laughable just how much of a God Dave Moans is to the commentators on Deedar......I think they all have a poster of him on their bedroom wall like adolescent teenage girls do.
We could do with a checklist of repeated excuses to tick off on the way home but remember he does manage a MASSIVE club. However he would do well to listen and learn from the likes of Flitcroft who does analyse properly, accurately and more importantly in English.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 17, 2013, 02:17:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Their overlooking of the Brentford winner was hilarious. They kept banging on about how they were still 2nd despite getting thrashed even though when the guy ran through all the football league scores he said Brentford 1-0 Preston. Imbeciles the lot of them.

The guy they had as their 'expert summariser' for the Sheff U game was waffling about it at about 10 past 5 and said "we have gotten away with it today by staying 2nd but we haven't gotten away with it today."

Expert, my arse!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012