Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:01:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Why do we feel the right to slag off players??  (Read 1492 times)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
Why do we feel the right to slag off players??
« on March 17, 2013, 04:53:07 pm by auckleyflyer »
As above.
Is it because we feel its our club, or we pay (JR would disagree) their wages?

We pay the wages of council workers, coppers, Mp's, teachers, doctors, firemen, BBC presenters ect ect and if youve ever used the airport my wages!
Do they represent us? Doncaster, Yorkshire, England?
So do the armed forces and their mainly young well paid lads who get pissed and fcuk up?
Mp's never fek up do they?

Its getting crazy how we comment on players nts out, cars, wifes and my god when it comes to the game were all managers !! feks sake if it were that easy id be doing it!!!

They are young lads in the main, who make mistakes. if they were wayne rooney they wouldnt be at this club! (and mr rooneys partial to a mistake or two!)
Players at our club are well paid, but not astronomically so for what is a short life as a sportsman and in which most cases when finishing their bodies will be shot to shit. compaire lifetime earnings for headteachers and doctors and you'd be surprised!
Tell you what id swap wages and cars with them but i wouldnt want a life for my family of changing schools, moving house, not knowing anyone and being away from friends and family for a gold pig! deserve every penny they get!!!!!!!!!
We've all got to get a grip, our and the media's obsession with every aspect of every footballers life is putting me and many others off the game im sure?
Lets give it a rest and concentrate on getting more people thro the gates as thats the biggest single issue at this club. Fact
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:56:33 pm by auckleyflyer »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

niteowler

• VSC Member
Re: Why do we feel the right to slag off players??
« Reply #1 on March 17, 2013, 05:20:09 pm by niteowler »
Well said AF, couldn't agree more. In fact when JR decides we need a new manager he has  only got to jump in one of the three sides of the ground and he would get 100s. Save a bob or two as well. However its not only at our club its at football clubs in general .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 17, 2013, 05:32:15 pm by River Don »
Gates are a big thing. Yes.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 17, 2013, 08:41:42 pm by normal rules »
Because of the ridiculous amount of money they get paid. Most, if not all players in the top three leagues get annual salaries greater than that of the prime minister.  (who is on about £150k)

If their wages were more in line with the real world, say that of a nurse or police officer then i for one would be inclined to see them more as an equal.

with big wages comes big responsibility AND accountability. Get it wrong on or off the field -  expect to hear about it.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 17, 2013, 08:59:02 pm by philsky »
Because of the ridiculous amount of money they get paid. Most, if not all players in the top three leagues get annual salaries greater than that of the prime minister.  (who is on about £150k)

If their wages were more in line with the real world, say that of a nurse or police officer then i for one would be inclined to see them more as an equal.

with big wages comes big responsibility AND accountability. Get it wrong on or off the field -  expect to hear about it.

I do hear you but i left school at 16 so have so far had a working life of 35 years and my age / fitness broadly doesnt impact in my earning potential. A footballer earns from say 18 and is done, really, at around 32 ? so - 14 years tops

MartinB

« Reply #5 on March 17, 2013, 09:23:41 pm by MartinB »
Yeah they are done at 32 have an FA pension and guess what....they can still work for a living from then too!!

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 18, 2013, 07:22:23 am by auckleyflyer »
Hey not saying their not well paid, but our intrest in them is not healthy!
just trying to make sense of it?
To get their FA pension they put in a larger percentage of their pay thay we ever do, and yes they are free to work like us until retirement age, but the modern game means knees and ankles are gone.
Their lucky to do a job they love but its our obsessive interest that my question is about.??

I think its what makes the gome so popular in the first place and why we love it, they give us pride in our town /city when things go well, and their in the main normal lads not swivel eyed loonies like MP's or coppers. Their cool and they make us feel good . . . . ?
When things dont go as expected, they make us look bad, we take it as an insult?!
Its Tribal i beleive we share highs and lows thro them, their ours!

Its crazy tho and an indication of what hollow lives young people have now, most of twitter users and vocal ones on here need to find a woman, have kids then life has more important things in it, than a sportsman doing a paid job for a football club

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 18, 2013, 07:40:07 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Good post AF

Totally agree really.  I for one cant understand the slating that the players get a lot of the time, especially this weekend.  Money shouldnt come into it, doesnt matter how much you get paid it doesnt stop you making a mistake here and there.  Thats just human nature.

The only time a player or the team should be boo'd is if the havent tried their best.  Can anyone honestly pick a game this season where the team haven't tried? 

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 18, 2013, 09:59:48 am by benaldo »
Just a quick point - we DO pay their wages (unless, that it, you watch for free?).

It's like you said about working in the airport - "anyone flying from robin hood airport has paid your wages.". That is a good analogy. Football is like a chip shop, if you go there once a week for your tea and get it home to find the mushy peas are always horrible, you would say something. Now, while it's tempting, I'm not likening Gary Woods to a mushy pea, but you see my point.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012