Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 05:37:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 9847 times)

Bollinger

• Forum Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #30 on April 02, 2021, 04:57:11 pm by Bollinger »
After appointing a manger with no experience at this level and didn’t even consider other options this season is now a waste.... If the club had any ambition they’d have acted differently, Portsmouth appoint the cowleys, Sunderland appointed Lee Johnson, charlton appointed Neil Adkins......,, we appoint a women’s Sunday league manager!!! No offence to butler whatsoever but a line has to be drawn, again the cheap option was preferred and done us in good and proper.  Sack the board!!!

There’s a village somewhere that’s lost its resident village idiot.

Can’t we block this WUM?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 02, 2021, 05:01:49 pm by ian1980 »
Why appoint butler???? Worst decision amongst dozens this board has made .....if anyone can reason why fair enough......cheap option hoping to get lucky ........ enough said

No, not enough said.

You’ve offered no alternative to who will replace the current board

You’ve afford no suggestion as to how the club would be funded if the current board left

You’ve offered no suggestion as to who would buy the club if they were to put the club up for sale.

You’ve offered no suggestion as to what they should have done differently

If fact, all you’ve done is trotted out the same bullshit you did the last time you had a little out burst.

Not renewing your season ticket? Doubt you’ll be missed to be fair

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 02, 2021, 05:06:32 pm by Michael Gibson »
The usual board arse kickers are out in force it’s pretty sad to see tbf, some have there own agendas to being ok with the mods but each to there own....

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 02, 2021, 05:13:02 pm by ian1980 »
The usual board arse kickers are out in force it’s pretty sad to see tbf, some have there own agendas to being ok with the mods but each to there own....

Yet more unfounded nonsense. I’m hardly a board arse licker as you call it (very mature by the way) and I don’t know a single one of the mods.

However, you’ve still failed to post any suggests/ideas in regards to the points I made in my previous post....

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 02, 2021, 05:13:26 pm by scawsby steve »

Why, who are the board arse kickers besides you?

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 02, 2021, 05:16:17 pm by roverstillidie91 »
We aren't well supported enough even with the ground open hence why the board is putting in 2 million a year.

This is in terms of what the fans want concerning us challenging towards the top end of the table we have to cut our cloth accordingly and you can only go so far with the initiatives of generating revenue to add to our overall squad.

Covid 19 certainly hasn't helped our aims.

If TB left tomorrow it is a case of realising what we had when they have stopped putting in their support so be careful what you wish for as they say.

And people should realise there are 23 other teams who have other aims whether that be aiming for promotion, play offs, staying in the league etc as well so we don't have a divine right to be promoted.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:19:14 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 02, 2021, 05:17:07 pm by Campsall rover »
204 posts. Every one of them negative in the extreme.

Not 1 post that had any semblance of credibility. 

Why do you bother. Really pleased your not renewing your season ticket. That’s if you ever actually had one.
Do the club want so called supporters like you. I very much doubt it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 02, 2021, 05:20:18 pm by ravenrover »
author=ravenrover link=topic=280620.msg1042075#msg1042075 date=1617375255]
That'll be Nigel Adkins then wont it?
You don't half spout some rubbish
[/quote]
That’s true, but the way there running the club with no ambition or clarity is questionable at all levels....
j
Crikey he even agrees he spouts rubbish

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 02, 2021, 05:22:42 pm by roverstillidie91 »
author=ravenrover link=topic=280620.msg1042075#msg1042075 date=1617375255]
That'll be Nigel Adkins then wont it?
You don't half spout some rubbish
That’s true, but the way there running the club with no ambition or clarity is questionable at all levels....
j
Crikey he even agrees he spouts rubbish
[/quote] If this was a face to face discussion I clearly doubt that this would be he set tone for the exchanges on this topic

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 02, 2021, 05:26:34 pm by glosterred »
  COYR

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 02, 2021, 05:39:58 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Not many other individuals will invest millions of their personal money knowing they will never see a real reward for it. Whilst not wanting to appear sycophantic and sucking up to the board, i think criticism of them to this extent is unwarranted. Butler's success initially against Portsmouth and Plymouth  looked like we had made a successful appointment. However we seem to have slipped back into Moore style lethargy now. An urgent re-think is required now especially as we need to attract ST money in for 21/22. Having a major pop at the board though is unhelpful and counter productive to me.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 02, 2021, 05:41:11 pm by since-1969 »
Do you think the board will be concerned or maybe  change their plans and begin taking applications for the vacancy .  now with fans expected to return and season tickets not yet on sale .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 02, 2021, 05:44:47 pm by BobG »
Oh God.... Not this arsehole again.

BobG

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 02, 2021, 05:45:57 pm by sha66y »
Sack team board, what a joke. They put 2 million plus in to give us a club to support.

Can the moderators look at blocking this clown!

He’s frustrated, now coming back to your point about the owners putting 2 million in!

This is a well known fact.......however!

We don’t appear to be spending this money well enough to be a strong contender for the play offs, I know it’s hard to know what will or won’t work, but our reliance on loanee’s is creating an unstable environment ......

It is my opinion that this club should be targeting good quality players from both league 1&2 right now.....today, and next week, players that fit this division, big agile lads who are hungry to either step up or be targeted.....we have failed to make this style work consistently so we must change, we must take a chance now...on the young lads at the club who are on the periphery and give them some game time .....

Send a few of the loanee’s back and work with what we have.......then over the shut down perhaps target players who look too good to be in teams struggling below us....if we can’t do that then we will blow another budget on staying afloat without developing...

Just my opinion, and I’m sure a lot of theirs too....

We are not a play off team and the championship is a very lng way away if at all on the horizon....

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 02, 2021, 05:54:03 pm by bobbymax »
Oh God.... Not this arsehole again.

BobG
Could not have put it more succinctly, thanks Bob

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 02, 2021, 06:03:20 pm by Michael Gibson »
I fully agree with you mate in targeting players on this level, however this b*llocks with the loans is now back firing big time, not one loan player for months has looked good enough and today weren’t simply arsed .

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 02, 2021, 06:07:20 pm by Bessie Red »
Too be fair mate, there a fkg shambles and enough enough
You do realise that if it wasnt for the current board putting in 2 million of their own money into the club each year you wouldnt have a club whose board you could moan at!!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 02, 2021, 06:21:13 pm by coventryrover »
They appointed Butler because Moore flecked off at short notice.   Why would they have had someone lined up?

They have given butler a chance...i cant remember many naysayers at the time.

They are not the type for knee jerk reactions, unlike some of the so called supporters on her, and thank feck for that.

They are bank rolling our club.    We would be buggered without.

They supported Moore.  Can't see many people poo pooing the players coming in

They are actually have rovers to heart and are kind individuals.   I am appreciative.

Some fans need to get their heads out of their arses and get the feck off football manager.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 02, 2021, 06:24:13 pm by Chris the Rover »
Couldn’t agree more Coventry

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 02, 2021, 06:25:47 pm by since-1969 »
No matter how you extrapolate or cogitate or even dissect it .. we are not winning matches now and it stinks !!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 02, 2021, 06:26:42 pm by NickDRFC »
It’s pretty simple to me. I’m not an “arse licker”. Our board isn’t perfect. I’m not a fan of our dependencies on loans, our short contracts for managers and how late negotiations start for player renewals. It’s looking like the board have made a mistake with appointing Butler and/or not appointing an experienced coach.

But in other aspects they’ve done brilliantly and ultimately they still prop up a loss-making enterprise. And the question that keeps being asked is which multi millionaire is going to come and fill that gap? One day we won’t be underpinned by Bramall’s money, and I’m not particularly looking forward to seeing how we cope without it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 02, 2021, 06:30:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
There's literally 1 maybe 2 teams a year that get to the championship on gates like ours. We are then in a mix of 10-12 clubs all probably on level playing fields. I'd also say barring Peterborough our ambition is very similar of the rest of the teams who get gates as big as ours.

The board backed Moore in January however all his signings so far have turned out to be poor ones. Yes including Bostock and Bogle so far. Think we've got carried away with Bogle because he can do the basic of hold a ball up which we've not had in 2 seasons.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 02, 2021, 06:31:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
Well said Nick. As for the OP... It must be a total funhouse at your place. Sweet Mary and the orphans.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 02, 2021, 06:42:47 pm by Draytonian III »
As I’ve posted before Mr Gibson is not a Doncaster Rovers supporter, he only ever posts when we loose and never says anything positive, he’ll have watched today’s match because it was an early kick off on Sky. I bet he goes on other local forums under other names when they loose Rotherham, Wednesday etc.

Fred Potter

« Reply #54 on April 02, 2021, 06:43:14 pm by Fred Potter »
There should not be too much criticism towards the Board as they are putting so much money into the Club.  However, with all their experience in appointing high level Managers into their own businesses you would think they appoint the correct person.  Maybe on this occasion they could have made a mistake.  Looking forward a Permanent Managers appointment is required sooner than later to prepare for next season.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 02, 2021, 06:43:51 pm by redarmy82 »
Not many other individuals will invest millions of their personal money knowing they will never see a real reward for it. Whilst not wanting to appear sycophantic and sucking up to the board, i think criticism of them to this extent is unwarranted. Butler's success initially against Portsmouth and Plymouth  looked like we had made a successful appointment. However we seem to have slipped back into Moore style lethargy now. An urgent re-think is required now especially as we need to attract ST money in for 21/22. Having a major pop at the board though is unhelpful and counter productive to me.

Not many people will buy a season ticket next season. Most of the ones I know will not be.

I hope the club are planning for an empty stadium again next season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 02, 2021, 06:45:26 pm by dickos1 »
They appointed Butler because Moore flecked off at short notice.   Why would they have had someone lined up?

They are not the type for knee jerk reactions, unlike some of the so called supporters on her, and thank feck for that.

They are actually have rovers to heart and are kind individuals.   I am appreciative.

Some fans need to get their heads out of their arses and get the feck off football manager.

You would think it would be sensible to always have someone in mind, as John Ryan did with o Driscoll,

The cowleys and Adkins were available, we were in a much better position than both charlton and Pompey when Moore left, yet they’ve appointed those two managers and kicked on dramatically, the total opposite to us 

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 02, 2021, 06:46:56 pm by redarmy82 »
There's literally 1 maybe 2 teams a year that get to the championship on gates like ours. We are then in a mix of 10-12 clubs all probably on level playing fields. I'd also say barring Peterborough our ambition is very similar of the rest of the teams who get gates as big as ours.

The board backed Moore in January however all his signings so far have turned out to be poor ones. Yes including Bostock and Bogle so far. Think we've got carried away with Bogle because he can do the basic of hold a ball up which we've not had in 2 seasons.

I keep hearing all this about them backing Moore in January.

A couple of loans and short term signings.

We didn't replace Marquis or Whiteman despite receiving significant sums.

Backing the manager for me is allowing him to go and replace these players but targeting players at other clubs and signing them up to a decent length contract

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 02, 2021, 06:48:10 pm by NickDRFC »

You would think it would be sensible to always have someone in mind, as John Ryan did with o Driscoll,

The cowleys and Adkins were available, we were in a much better position than both charlton and Pompey when Moore left, yet they’ve appointed those two managers and kicked on dramatically, the total opposite to us 

Bit of a stretch to at Charlton have kicked on dramatically, this was only Adkins’ second game and his first win...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 02, 2021, 06:48:36 pm by the vicar »
After appointing a manger with no experience at this level and didn’t even consider other options this season is now a waste.... If the club had any ambition they’d have acted differently, Portsmouth appoint the cowleys, Sunderland appointed Lee Johnson, charlton appointed Neil Adkins......,, we appoint a women’s Sunday league manager!!! No offence to butler whatsoever but a line has to be drawn, again the cheap option was preferred and done us in good and proper.  Sack the board!!!

There’s a village somewhere that’s lost its resident village idiot.

Can’t we block this WUM?
so can you please tell me why just cos someone does not agree with you that makes him a village idiot and deserves blocking

TinyPortal © 2005-2012