Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:06:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 9848 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #60 on April 02, 2021, 06:51:59 pm by dickos1 »
They appointed Butler because Moore flecked off at short notice.   Why would they have had someone lined up?

They have given butler a chance...i cant remember many naysayers at the time.

They are not the type for knee jerk reactions, unlike some of the so called supporters on her, and thank feck for that.

They are bank rolling our club.    We would be buggered without.

They supported Moore.  Can't see many people poo pooing the players coming in

They are actually have rovers to heart and are kind individuals.   I am appreciative.

Some fans need to get their heads out of their arses and get the feck off football manager.

You would think it would be sensible to always have someone in mind, as John Ryan did with o Driscoll,

The cowleys and Adkins were available, we were in a much better position than both charlton and Pompey when Moore left, yet they’ve appointed those two managers and kicked on dramatically, the total opposite to us 

Bit of a stretch to at Charlton have kicked on dramatically, this was only Adkins’ second game and his first win...

Granted
Pompey have won 4 on the bounce now though havent they? They were in worse form than us but have been transformed.
Adkins looks to have stamped his authority on charlton, made 6 changes today and played a lot more direct than they were previously.
We’ve not got any identity currently

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 02, 2021, 06:55:15 pm by ravenrover »
As I’ve posted before Mr Gibson is not a Doncaster Rovers supporter, he only ever posts when we loose and never says anything positive, he’ll have watched today’s match because it was an early kick off on Sky. I bet he goes on other local forums under other names when they loose Rotherham, Wednesday etc.
It's lose not loose
Really gets up my pips, you are not the only one

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 02, 2021, 06:59:23 pm by EasyforDennis »
As I’ve posted before Mr Gibson is not a Doncaster Rovers supporter, he only ever posts when we loose and never says anything positive, he’ll have watched today’s match because it was an early kick off on Sky. I bet he goes on other local forums under other names when they loose Rotherham, Wednesday etc.
It's lose not loose

Although we are pretty loose at the moment  :chair: :chair:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 02, 2021, 07:01:29 pm by vaya »
It's lose not loose

Although we are pretty loose at the moment  :chair: :chair:

My bowels certainly are every time a ball comes into our area.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 02, 2021, 07:04:56 pm by Cramby10 »
Good grief. I knew I shouldn’t have read this. But against my better judgement I thought I’d give it a look.
Surely mandatory IQ tests is a must for forum users??

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 02, 2021, 07:10:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
They appointed Butler because Moore flecked off at short notice.   Why would they have had someone lined up?

They have given butler a chance...i cant remember many naysayers at the time.

They are not the type for knee jerk reactions, unlike some of the so called supporters on her, and thank feck for that.

They are bank rolling our club.    We would be buggered without.

They supported Moore.  Can't see many people poo pooing the players coming in

They are actually have rovers to heart and are kind individuals.   I am appreciative.

Some fans need to get their heads out of their arses and get the feck off football manager.

You would think it would be sensible to always have someone in mind, as John Ryan did with o Driscoll,

The cowleys and Adkins were available, we were in a much better position than both charlton and Pompey when Moore left, yet they’ve appointed those two managers and kicked on dramatically, the total opposite to us 

Bit of a stretch to at Charlton have kicked on dramatically, this was only Adkins’ second game and his first win...

Granted
Pompey have won 4 on the bounce now though havent they? They were in worse form than us but have been transformed.
Adkins looks to have stamped his authority on charlton, made 6 changes today and played a lot more direct than they were previously.
We’ve not got any identity currently

We have. It is as a soft touch.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 02, 2021, 07:46:52 pm by Draytonian III »
It's lose not loose

I really sorry for upsetting you with my spelling but have you ever thought that some people might have difficulties with their English and spelling, luckily I don’t it was a mistake by me.
 Anyway back in the perfect world

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 02, 2021, 08:09:19 pm by ravenrover »
Lovely glad you recognised your mistake, basic spelling

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 02, 2021, 09:57:30 pm by 5 on Tour »

Maybe using the word “Pips”, which isn’t actually a word, while trying to correct grammar isn’t the best point you could make?

This forum is falling into a spat between children who do nothing but try to score points off each other.

Having a difference of opinion is the point of these but this one is rapidly descending into a bunch of clowns who are talking a lot and saying absolutely nothing.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 02, 2021, 10:03:29 pm by tyke1962 »
The usual board arse kickers are out in force it’s pretty sad to see tbf, some have there own agendas to being ok with the mods but each to there own....

You should be grateful that the owners put in £2m to support the club matey .

Without that £2m coming in Rovers would possibly be in League Two and not pulling any trees up there either .

The £2m makes a massive difference in League One .

You don't know how lucky you are to have ownership who financially support your club out of their own pockets .

jamie_lf

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 02, 2021, 10:47:30 pm by jamie_lf »
I can't believe how ungrateful some of our fans are.

I'm sure if the 'right manager' was available he and his team would have been appointed as Darren Moore's successor. The fact they've opted for Butler, tells me that they have faith in their process and perseverance is key. I would much rather finish top 10 this season knowing the board will appoint the right person to take us forward at the right time.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 02, 2021, 10:52:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
The right time being the week before the season starts?

:coat:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 02, 2021, 11:01:41 pm by dickos1 »
They didn’t even look who was available,
Both the charlton and Portsmouth managers were available but we didn’t even give them a consideration

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 02, 2021, 11:29:03 pm by Getridorit »
I can't believe how ungrateful some of our fans are.

I'm sure if the 'right manager' was available he and his team would have been appointed as Darren Moore's successor. The fact they've opted for Butler, tells me that they have faith in their process and perseverance is key. I would much rather finish top 10 this season knowing the board will appoint the right person to take us forward at the right time.
You would be happy with top 10 despite nearly going top at Christmas and being embedded in the playoffs for weeks?

It's been a monumental collapse compounded by baffling decisions from the club.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 02, 2021, 11:33:36 pm by BobG »
We've been through this before.... At the sharp end of the season do you want to spend quite a time advertising, short listing, interviewing and in deciding to appoint someone as manager who will not know at least some of the squad, who will not know the detail of the structures, the routines and the strengths and weaknesses of some of the players? And, of course, who will change things even if only to impose his authority. The alternative is to appoint someone from within on the basis that they will know all of the above. The weakness of the latter is that the man in pole position has very little experience. His strength is that he is there and he knows all those details. You pays yer money and you takes yer choice.

We will all have our own opinions, but there is sound logic underlying the appointment of AB.

BobG

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 03, 2021, 05:44:55 am by anton123 »
Yes Bob there was sound logic but is it sound logic to keep him on now it’s gone wrong and leave him in charge off contract renewals ect or start the process off letting the new man have a month with the lads and asses what he wants in the summer so we can go from the off next season ?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 03, 2021, 07:14:41 am by NewDonny »
Not many other individuals will invest millions of their personal money knowing they will never see a real reward for it. Whilst not wanting to appear sycophantic and sucking up to the board, i think criticism of them to this extent is unwarranted. Butler's success initially against Portsmouth and Plymouth  looked like we had made a successful appointment. However we seem to have slipped back into Moore style lethargy now. An urgent re-think is required now especially as we need to attract ST money in for 21/22. Having a major pop at the board though is unhelpful and counter productive to me.

Not many people will buy a season ticket next season. Most of the ones I know will not be.

I hope the club are planning for an empty stadium again next season.

Whilst I agree that a season that promised so much appears to have fallen away to a team now seemingly destined to finish outside the play offs this season. I really don't understand why people wouldn't buy season ticket or indeed turn up to watch Donny play next season. Blaming the board isn't right either, given their backing of DM around January. OK the appointment of Andy Butler hasn't worked out, but had it done so and the team had actually gone on to get promotion or themselves into the play offs then everyone on here would have been hailing the board for making an astute appointment. It hasn't worked out, disappointing I agree. I for one had hoped for better given the sides position and performances not so long ago. But its still a great little club, it has a fantastic stadium and infrastructure and a great fan base.

Of course, none of us are able to travel to games at the moment still, but we still miss our weekly trips to the keepmoat and will do even after the stadiums are open again because of course we will be elsewhere. Supporting a great little club like Donny next season will be more important then ever, so I would implore anyone thinking of not buying a season ticket or attending games next season to think again.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 03, 2021, 07:22:32 am by karlos »
We are all grateful for the board putting the money in but how do we know no one else would come in if the club was put up for sale?.
Other clubs get bought but it has to be out there to buy.
On the manager side would these guys put a inexperienced manager in place at their business? I wouldn’t have thought so. Football is a gamble and most football clubs no this so they have to take a few or if they are not prepared to then put the club up for sale and see what comes of it. But I think the real answer lies in the club not having a John Ryan like figure who shows the enthusiasm to take the club forward, a team like us who was in with a real chance of promotion should have gone for a experienced manager to get us over the line not a Andy butler who is trying but is not ready in my opinion yet. As for the players it will take someone like a Roy Keane type figure to come in and kick there behinds to at least get them interested again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 03, 2021, 08:48:27 am by Campsall rover »
We are all grateful for the board putting the money in but how do we know no one else would come in if the club was put up for sale?.
Other clubs get bought but it has to be out there to buy.
On the manager side would these guys put a inexperienced manager in place at their business? I wouldn’t have thought so. Football is a gamble and most football clubs no this so they have to take a few or if they are not prepared to then put the club up for sale and see what comes of it. But I think the real answer lies in the club not having a John Ryan like figure who shows the enthusiasm to take the club forward, a team like us who was in with a real chance of promotion should have gone for a experienced manager to get us over the line not a Andy butler who is trying but is not ready in my opinion yet. As for the players it will take someone like a Roy Keane type figure to come in and kick there behinds to at least get them interested again.
But not actually Roy Keane himself.   No thank you.

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 03, 2021, 09:37:00 am by Leedsrover »
I've been around long enough to remember the early periods of Stan Anderson's tenure which was pretty poor and the first 3 months of Sean O'Driscolls management of the Rovers and those really were dire! These guys became very proficient managers of our club.
I think because Andy Butler is from in house we expected instant remedies- it doesn't happen very often in football. New manager bounce is usually only temporary as well so we should give Andy a break and let him manage the team this season at least. It is far too early to cast him as a failure!
Most of us know our team was achieving results which at best were undeserved and in a lot of cases very lucky earlier in the season under Moore. Unfortunately the luck has turned for AB but I really hope he can be a success going forward.   

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 03, 2021, 11:13:55 am by Padge_DRFC »
Difference was Odriscoll was changing the way we played to his philosophy. Butler just appears to have carried on from Moore and not tried anything different despite crap performance after crap performance.

The time is now get someone in. Give him the last 10 games to see who fits his style and then a full summer. We're a couple of defeats now from the season being over anyway.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 03, 2021, 01:46:13 pm by ravenrover »

Maybe using the word “Pips”, which isn’t actually a word, while trying to correct grammar isn’t the best point you could make?

This forum is falling into a spat between children who do nothing but try to score points off each other.

Having a difference of opinion is the point of these but this one is rapidly descending into a bunch of clowns who are talking a lot and saying absolutely nothing.
Nothing to do with grammar, purely spelling

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 03, 2021, 01:50:24 pm by EasyforDennis »

Wrong I'm afraid. The spelling of the word is correct. It was used in the wrong context however ie a grammatical mistake. ;) ;)

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 03, 2021, 01:52:58 pm by Janso »
God, I bet you lot are a riot at parties. Steady on, fellas.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on April 03, 2021, 02:03:27 pm by ravenrover »

Wrong I'm afraid. The spelling of the word is correct. It was used in the wrong context however ie a grammatical mistake. ;) ;)
In the context of it's usage the word is spelled incorrectly as the poster agreed, nothing to do with grammar

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on April 03, 2021, 02:06:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Another person who can’t see sense and why should I be eliminated due to your comments?????

You should be eliminated due to your comments.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 03, 2021, 02:07:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There’s no point posting on here as it’s completely denied by the readers....... all I’ll say is watch this space!!!

The one between your ears, presumably.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 03, 2021, 02:15:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why appoint butler???? Worst decision amongst dozens this board has made .....if anyone can reason why fair enough......cheap option hoping to get lucky ........ enough said

You might have more credibility had you said any of this at the time he was appointed, it all applied then as much as it does now.

But, of course, you said absolutely f**k all when he was appointed. Where were you then? Gobshite.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:25:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on April 03, 2021, 02:24:28 pm by DearneValleyRover »
There's literally 1 maybe 2 teams a year that get to the championship on gates like ours. We are then in a mix of 10-12 clubs all probably on level playing fields. I'd also say barring Peterborough our ambition is very similar of the rest of the teams who get gates as big as ours.

The board backed Moore in January however all his signings so far have turned out to be poor ones. Yes including Bostock and Bogle so far. Think we've got carried away with Bogle because he can do the basic of hold a ball up which we've not had in 2 seasons.

I keep hearing all this about them backing Moore in January.

A couple of loans and short term signings.

We didn't replace Marquis or Whiteman despite receiving significant sums.

Backing the manager for me is allowing him to go and replace these players but targeting players at other clubs and signing them up to a decent length contract

It was Moore’s decision to re- sign Smith which was a hike in money and Sims rather than buy players. We also got Bogle, Bostock on permanents also not on the cheap and got Robertson on loan, 5 players not sure how that’s not backing the manager and in respect to Whiteman and Marquis being replaced again it’s down to the manager he stated who he wanted the board backed him

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on April 03, 2021, 02:24:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Using the wrong context isn't a grammatical mistake. You can use the incorrect context and still be grammatically correct. Sorry.

Using loose instead of correctly using lose was a malapropism.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012