Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:12:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Board  (Read 9850 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: The Board
« Reply #90 on April 04, 2021, 01:48:54 am by BobG »
Two words with entirely different meanings too. It shouldn't be hard to use the correct one. See what I did there by the way? An even better example.

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

izzykell

« Reply #91 on April 06, 2021, 02:12:51 am by izzykell »
I’d like to see a board with ambition and not lie.

what have they lied about??

izzykell

« Reply #92 on April 06, 2021, 02:16:41 am by izzykell »
If the owners can’t take us forwards then sell up... unfortunately we might be in a scenario where certain individuals are better off running the club.

no one wants to buy it

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 06, 2021, 10:34:48 pm by since-1969 »
After appointing a manger with no experience at this level and didn’t even consider other options this season is now a waste.... If the club had any ambition they’d have acted differently, Portsmouth appoint the cowleys, Sunderland appointed Lee Johnson, charlton appointed Neil Adkins......,, we appoint a women’s Sunday league manager!!! No offence to butler whatsoever but a line has to be drawn, again the cheap option was preferred and done us in good and proper.  Sack the board!!!
Have the board come out in support of their man yet ?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 07, 2021, 07:14:21 am by Janso »
The public vote of confidence from a board is always exactly what a manager wants to hear.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on April 07, 2021, 08:21:51 am by Pancho Regan »
Lovely glad you recognised your mistake, basic spelling

Maybe using the word “Pips”, which isn’t actually a word, while trying to correct grammar isn’t the best point you could make?

This forum is falling into a spat between children who do nothing but try to score points off each other.

Having a difference of opinion is the point of these but this one is rapidly descending into a bunch of clowns who are talking a lot and saying absolutely nothing.
Nothing to do with grammar, purely spelling

Wrong I'm afraid. The spelling of the word is correct. It was used in the wrong context however ie a grammatical mistake. ;) ;)
In the context of it's usage the word is spelled incorrectly as the poster agreed, nothing to do with grammar

Incorrect use of the apostrophe really gets on my pips.....

;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on April 07, 2021, 09:08:37 am by ravenrover »
Yep got me there .... ITS

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on April 07, 2021, 09:16:36 am by Branton Rover »
I don’t see any multimillionaires braying on our door stating they’re willing to Chuck potentially tens of millions of pounds into a 3rd tier football league side which loses money hand over fist year in, year out - if someone likes that did turn up we’d need to do massive due diligence to ensure it’s not another charlatan or worse a convicted fraudster like Richardson - I say, there’s nothing to see here, we’re fine thank you.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on April 07, 2021, 09:31:58 am by selby »
  To get Sims back and sign players then board gave the then manager all the backing he asked for and gave him a considerable sum of money to back up a potential promotion push and a couple of weeks later he took his hook away.
  Brilliant on his count and must have really cemented the trust the board has in people in the future.
  To criticise anything the board has done about our present situation, which is not a reflection on the present manager, but the playing staff entirely, and their whole attitude to winning a game of football as Fatty Evans publicly called them out about and has been proved correct is totally barking up the wrong tree IMHO.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 07, 2021, 10:23:19 am by redarmy82 »
In terms of new investment, i'm curious, do the current owners go out and try and actively attract new investment?

John Ryan did, he managed to bring Watson and Bramall on board didn't he?

Many clubs manage to attract new owners/investment, why should we be any different?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 07, 2021, 11:19:31 am by EasyforDennis »
If the owners can’t take us forwards then sell up... unfortunately we might be in a scenario where certain individuals are better off running the club.

no one wants to buy it

And you know this how exactly?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on April 07, 2021, 11:57:34 am by andysly »
Gibson has done it again, thrown in a hand grenade and got everybody fighting amongst themselves while he sits back in his Leeds shirt and chuckles.
When will you all learn to ignore the tool.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 07, 2021, 12:10:04 pm by Getridorit »

no one wants to buy it

And you know this how exactly?
Derby County just been bought.
Always people wanting to buy.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 07, 2021, 01:17:58 pm by ravenrover »
When did this happen?. Living in East Mids all we hear footiie wise is about Forest and Derby on local news, the last report said the take over had collapsed and that was just a couple of days ago. Put the link up to your information or is just you talking bo!!ocks again?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 07, 2021, 01:29:30 pm by Getridorit »
When did this happen?. Living in East Mids all we hear footiie wise is about Forest and Derby on local news, the last report said the take over had collapsed and that was just a couple of days ago. Put the link up to your information or is just you talking bo!!ocks again?
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/04/derby-county-football-club-statement-no-limits-sports-takeover-agreed-subject-to-efl-approval

There ya go. Do keep up next time.

Oh and Ipswich have just been bought too.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/april/statement-from-marcus-evans/

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on April 07, 2021, 01:41:41 pm by ravenrover »
Read it again agreement reached subject to EFL approval so not sold, good try though.
Ipswich have not been bought majority stake has been sold but as I understand it 20% still held by Marcus Evans group

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 07, 2021, 02:08:48 pm by GazLaz »
Read it again agreement reached subject to EFL approval so not sold, good try though.
Ipswich have not been bought majority stake has been sold but as I understand it 20% still held by Marcus Evans group

How can something be sold but not have been bought?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on April 07, 2021, 02:11:49 pm by Getridorit »
:lol:.
Clutching at straws there lad.

Point is there's buyers and investors out there.
I await your apology

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on April 07, 2021, 02:38:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So, tell me the difference between us and Derby, Ipswich for example that makes them a more attractive proposition?

What about Wigan? Would you say they are an attractive Club to 'invest' in?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on April 07, 2021, 03:07:58 pm by silent majority »

I await your apology

Well they're not beating down our door.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on April 07, 2021, 03:11:13 pm by EasyforDennis »

How can something be sold but not have been bought?

Have you never seen an estate agents board outside a property saying sold? It isn't actually sold until contracts are exchanged. Same thing isn't it?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on April 07, 2021, 03:12:56 pm by EasyforDennis »

I await your apology

Have we let anyone know we are for sale?

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 07, 2021, 03:16:19 pm by Getridorit »

I await your apology

Wouldn't expect it to be honest.

Is it something the club actively pursue? - getting further investment.

I ask because tb isn't going to be doing it forever.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on April 07, 2021, 03:58:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
"EFL Club for sale. Assets - virtually zero. Prospects-14,900 capacity leased stadium with average attendances 6 to 8,000. Current status. League One

Investment required. Min Approx £20m over 10 years. Returns = Tolerance at best. Criticism and condemnation otherwise. Thick skin required“
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:21:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 07, 2021, 05:12:48 pm by Campsall rover »
"EFL Club for sale. Assets - virtually zero. Prospects-14,900 capacity leased stadium with average attendances 6 to 8,000. Current status. League Two.

Investment required. Min Approx £20m over 10 years. Returns = Tolerance at best. Criticism and condemnation otherwise. Thick skin required“
Think we will stay out of League 2 for another season at least DBR.  ;) 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on April 07, 2021, 05:21:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
"EFL Club for sale. Assets - virtually zero. Prospects-14,900 capacity leased stadium with average attendances 6 to 8,000. Current status. League Two.

Think we will stay out of League 2 for another season at least DBR.  ;) 

Good point. Doh!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on April 07, 2021, 05:34:52 pm by ravenrover »

I await your apology
All in good time lad, the Derby owner is desperate to sell, a couple of weeks ago he was selling to some Arab chappie that went well didn't it. Lets see if it goes through this time, how many times were Bolton or Wigan "sold"?
Investing in a club such ss Ipswich is hardly buying it, again let's wait and see if these deals go through,then that's the time for apologies which I will willingly offer
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:53:48 pm by ravenrover »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on April 08, 2021, 01:23:25 pm by redarmy82 »
"EFL Club for sale. Assets - virtually zero. Prospects-14,900 capacity leased stadium with average attendances 6 to 8,000. Current status. League One

How do the likes of Peterborough and Rotherham attract significant investment on that basis?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on April 08, 2021, 02:00:11 pm by silent majority »

How do the likes of Peterborough and Rotherham attract significant investment on that basis?

How is it an investment?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on April 08, 2021, 02:05:40 pm by redarmy82 »

How is it an investment?

Okay, if you want to be pedantic, I will rephrase.

How do they find people to pump in significant amounts of money?

It seems to be the thinking, there is no one out there who will put money into the club, other than the current owners. Other clubs manage to find people.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012