Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:46:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FAO Gartom  (Read 11872 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:FAO Gartom
« Reply #30 on March 02, 2010, 12:33:54 pm by Filo »
The Mighty Brian Rowe wrote:
I can understand the club needing to know where they stand in regards to season ticket holders as early as possible; but I think we all know effect what the current policy will have.

Wouldn't it make snece to do something along the following lines:

- People wanting renew their ST's renew before 31st March by giving a (no-refundable) £100 deposit. Therefore the club will have a fair idea of numbers by this stage,as it is very unlikely that people will be willing to kiss goodbye to 100 notes.

- They then have to to pay 2 more deposits of half the remainder before the end of May to secure their tickets.

Simple as.

Problem solved.

JR happy.

Supporters happy(ish).

New player signed and important ones retained.

...and if this can be twinned with a coherent marketing strategy to entice new fans in, even better.

A damn fine idea!  :)

Infact you should email this direct to the club and to Gartom so that it is not overlooked

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 02, 2010, 12:35:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The Mighty Brian Rowe wrote:
I can understand the club needing to know where they stand in regards to season ticket holders as early as possible; but I think we all know effect what the current policy will have.

Wouldn't it make snece to do something along the following lines:

- People wanting renew their ST's renew before 31st March by giving a (no-refundable) £100 deposit. Therefore the club will have a fair idea of numbers by this stage,as it is very unlikely that people will be willing to kiss goodbye to 100 notes.

- They then have to to pay 2 more deposits of half the remainder before the end of May to secure their tickets.

Simple as.

Problem solved.

JR happy.

Supporters happy(ish).

New player signed and important ones retained.

...and if this can be twinned with a coherent marketing strategy to entice new fans in, even better.

This should be sent to the club, everyone would be happy this way.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 02, 2010, 12:40:11 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
will try and do it later. leaving the office now for the afternoon. If anywants to forward it to Gartom / Club on my behalf, please feel free.

Chris.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 02, 2010, 12:50:08 pm by River Don »
To be honest I'd buy a 3 season long ticket, if there was a small incentive. It'd be good for the club as they'd get plenty of money in early and be able to invest it and I'd be safe in the knowledge I wouldn't be losing my seat which I am more than happy with.

I do think they urgently need to look into more flexible payment options as other clubs do though.

Just dropping this announcement out of the blue like this is a definite own goal, they could have flagged this proposal up months ago. They just haven't given people any time to prepare.

gartom

« Reply #34 on March 02, 2010, 12:53:08 pm by gartom »
Hi guys,
re the idea odf the deposit scheme....
We proposed this idea last season - got nowhere- and thats why I'm annoyed now - we said we'd have a look at the deposit scheme for this season-  and its been completely ignored again !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 02, 2010, 01:00:26 pm by Filo »
gartom wrote:
Hi guys,
re the idea odf the deposit scheme....
We proposed this idea last season - got nowhere- and thats why I'm annoyed now - we said we'd have a look at the deposit scheme for this season-  and its been completely ignored again !

Just emailed this idea to you Gartom, I think in the current climate it is worth pursuing again, the goalpost have moved from last year

gartom

« Reply #36 on March 02, 2010, 01:06:46 pm by gartom »
Already sent my grumble to JR and Dave this morning - highlighting this omission. Will try and speak to them this afternoon - work keeps getting in the way !

Cheers, Gareth

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 02, 2010, 02:28:47 pm by MrFrost »
I emailed the club redarding the issue and the uproar on here.
This was my reply:

\"Hi Mark (my name isn't Mark so well done for reading who signed the last email)

We understand fans frustrations, but the new season ticket prices and dates have been implemented with the interests at the club at heart.

Unfortunately, these porposals (nice spelling) are now set in stone and cannot be altered. We feel the prices and early bird deadlines are appropriate and affordable for our fan base.

Kind Regards

No one has even bothered signing it or giving a name.

A little patronising if you ask me.

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 02, 2010, 03:14:31 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
Thanks for the updates Gareth / others.

I'll not bother sending it to the club if that's the response I will get.

Do we think if we have shifted less than 1,000 by the end of March, the proposals may not be as 'set in stone' as they are now?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 02, 2010, 03:15:45 pm by bobjimwilly »
MrFrost wrote:
We feel the prices and early bird deadlines are appropriate and affordable for our fan base.

:blink:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 02, 2010, 07:13:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's a disgraceful stance from the club. How the hell do they know it's affordable ? Who have they asked ?

It can only go one way. Clearly they have not learned from last season and have just had a stb in the dark regardless !

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 02, 2010, 07:26:21 pm by bigal »
If the early bird deadline is not extended till end of april so we know what league we will be playing in i for one will not renew and i feel a lot of others will do the same club will lose money here big style

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 02, 2010, 07:35:33 pm by Filo »
bigal wrote:
If the early bird deadline is not extended till end of april so we know what league we will be playing in i for one will not renew and i feel a lot of others will do the same club will lose money here big style

I think you`re in the minority bigal

It`s not a question of what league we`ll be in nor the price rise, the general consensus seems to be the short timescale that has been given for people to get the money together thats the problem, and the lack of notice to implement this

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 02, 2010, 08:10:41 pm by jucyberry »
I can understand people not being able to buy a season ticket if the price goes up... that is logic if you have a very minimal income.

it's all very well to say well budget and save for it, but for some there isn't any extra in the pot to budget with...

What I don't understand however are the ones  who say they won't be renewing if we go down, or at least until they know where we will be next year.

I thought your team was your team regardless of where it sits in the football hit parade.

I know it's easy for me to say, as me getting to a game is as rare as hen's teeth, but then, for me it is way more expensive.. I have to find a hotel and train fare as well as the price of a ticket and I'm very poor   :(  :(  lol

To paraprase, Donny Rovers is for life not just the CCC.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 02, 2010, 08:15:34 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Please pass my thanks on to the board for letting me have the opportunity to renew my season ticket.
Must admit I was so disappointed that the form had not come through in the post this morning but hopefully it will \"land\" tomorrow morning.
Keep up the good work guys

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 02, 2010, 08:23:33 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Filo wrote:
bigal wrote:

It`s not a question of what league we`ll be in nor the price rise, the general consensus seems to be the short timescale that has been given for people to get the money together thats the problem, and the lack of notice to implement this

Spot on, it's the lack of notice and shortened window of opportunity that is galling, along with the refusal to listen to genuine ideas on easing the burden of buying. I want a ST regardless of division but it isn't possible for me to get the money together before the end of May as that is what I budgeted for as I did this season, with the added cost I will probably not have the money until July now and with me missing at least 6 home games a season through work I can't justify buying one for over £400. If the window was extended to May I would be able to.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 02, 2010, 08:25:35 pm by RTID75 »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Please pass my thanks on to the board for letting me have the opportunity to renew my season ticket.
Must admit I was so disappointed that the form had not come through in the post this morning but hopefully it will \"land\" tomorrow morning.
Keep up the good work guys

Are you Dave Morris in disguise? Seriously? You're the only person on here who thinks shafting loyal fans with a 'buy with a single month's notice else pay even more still' is a good idea!

I really fear for our ST sales this year - I think the club have dropped one big massive hairy b*llock - I just hope the fans aren't blamed / players not signed / good players lost isn't the net result of it all. :(

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 02, 2010, 08:28:02 pm by mushRTID »
We will get blamed.  :huh:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 02, 2010, 09:11:17 pm by BobG »
A damn fine post that Jucy. Spot on.

BobG

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 03, 2010, 12:26:53 am by CusworthRovers »
jucyberry wrote:
it's all very well to say well budget and save for it, but for some there isn't any extra in the pot to budget with...

So what makes you think there will be something in the pot in 3 months time?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 03, 2010, 12:56:40 am by RobTheRover »
Because there is three times the chance of \"enough in the pot by 4 weeks time\"?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 03, 2010, 06:38:23 am by jucyberry »
CusworthRovers wrote:
jucyberry wrote:

that is exactly my point. for some there is no way they will be able to afford the hike.. season tickets arent the only things that will be rising this spring.. How much will your council tax be going up? for some on a low to minimum wage that will probably be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

For many it won't be a simple case of trimming a few luxuries cos they have precious few to begin with.

I don't know the answer, I guess it all comes down to when the decision to spread the rise  was actually made. But if it was made months ago, then it is a shame that it wasn't mentioned somewhere, if not so that people could try to work something out, but at least so they could become accustomed to the thought that there was going to be a change in the price structuring, and that the goal posts were to moved on the early bird date system.

Lets face it there is no good time to inform of an increase, but from things I have seen on other threads posted by Mr Frost, the club seems to have a bit of a let them eat cake  thing going on at the moment.
As always lack of communication seems to be the biggest downfall..

right, as always cos I'm reading the forum I'm late for work..tut, have a nice day all.x

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 03, 2010, 10:32:00 am by bigal »
Filo wrote:
bigal wrote:

It`s not a question of what league we`ll be in nor the price rise, the general consensus seems to be the short timescale that has been given for people to get the money together that's the problem, and the lack of notice to implement this
I Dont mind paying £50 extra for my ticket as i have had excellent value over last two years,but to ask me to pay
before we are safe in this league that's another matter.If i don't take a chance on us stopping up and pay in April it costs another £80 £130 all together.In a minority am i we will see

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 03, 2010, 11:48:44 am by TheFunk »
CusworthRovers wrote:
jucyberry wrote:

Are you being serious?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 03, 2010, 11:52:26 am by The Red Baron »
bigal wrote:
Filo wrote:
bigal wrote:

It`s not a question of what league we`ll be in nor the price rise, the general consensus seems to be the short timescale that has been given for people to get the money together that's the problem, and the lack of notice to implement this
I Dont mind paying £50 extra for my ticket as i have had excellent value over last two years,but to ask me to pay
before we are safe in this league that's another matter.If i don't take a chance on us stopping up and pay in April it costs another £80 £130 all together.In a minority am i we will see

So let me get this straight- you are willing to pay the extra money to watch Rovers BUT ONLY if they are in the Championship?

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 03, 2010, 04:17:44 pm by bigal »
The Red Baron wrote:
bigal wrote:
Filo wrote:
bigal wrote:

I Don't mind paying £50 extra for my ticket as i have had excellent value over last two years,but to ask me to pay

So let me get this straight- you are willing to pay the extra money to watch Rovers BUT ONLY if they are in the Championship?
If that is the case you can be sure i will not be on my own. We have lost a 1000 supporters this
season with no price increase loose our best players possibly manager no one in the ground all that plus £130 increase back to conference days

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 03, 2010, 05:58:10 pm by Wellred »
I think some of the posters on here need to get their heads from up their arses.
Firstly I will be getting my season ticket before the end of March as I am luckily in a position where I can afford to.
I can however understand the thinking behind some supporters wanting to know what league we will be in before committing themselves to spending their hard earned cash.
Can I ask all the ones who are quite happy to pay CCC prices to watch league 1 football, would they be happy to buy tickets for a concert with a top artist and then when it was announced he/she/they would not be appearing but an inferior act will perform instead want a refund or reduction of the ticket price?

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 03, 2010, 06:05:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wellred, when you look at the figures, we're paying less than many in league 1 and a large number in league 2, so are we really paying CCC prices for league 1 football?  Not really.

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 03, 2010, 06:35:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Rigoglioso wrote:
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Wellred, when you look at the figures, we're paying less than many in league 1 and a large number in league 2, so are we really paying CCC prices for league 1 football?  Not really.

At £23 per match ticket though, that point could be argued strongly.

The average price per match ticket in League One is around £20 - even less at some clubs.

Having looked, that includes terracing I'd presume.  I'm not saying we'd be near the bottom, but there's at least 10 who charge similar/more than us in that division.  When you take into account the facilities, we're not that bad are we?

woodsiderover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 03, 2010, 07:06:30 pm by woodsiderover »
Its relative, £250 for a ticket to watch Wigan in the premiership

TinyPortal © 2005-2012