Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:51:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Everyone get a grip  (Read 6822 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:Everyone get a grip
« Reply #30 on March 02, 2010, 08:54:44 am by Filo »
DaveDRFC wrote:
but I am still loathe to do it as even though it's interest free you still have to pay it back!

Thats the concept of borrowing, bit of a t**t when they want paying back isn`t it?  :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 02, 2010, 09:10:20 am by bedale rover »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
I'll remind you of JR statement.

\"We need to improve our fan base paticularly on season ticket sales\"

Can someone explain to me how season ticket sales will be improved to achieve this objective ?

it doesnt say increase it says improve back to bob g a nd his ab1  etc

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 02, 2010, 09:19:38 am by DaveDRFC »
Filo wrote:
DaveDRFC wrote:
but I am still loathe to do it as even though it's interest free you still have to pay it back!

Thats the concept of borrowing, bit of a t**t when they want paying back isn`t it?  :laugh:

You know what I mean, at the time you think 'oh that's fine, ages to pay it back!' but when your still paying it off 9 months later it gets to be a bit of a bind! To be fair in my current circumstances it is money that would be better spent elsewhere but we all know football spending and common sense don't really go together!

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 02, 2010, 10:16:52 am by en aitch »
It's only a month earlier than the usual renewal date

March 31st - May 31st .... 2 Months.

Not moaning, not a problem - this is my last season as an STH .... Armthorpe Welfare maybe - Moorends Stingers, I don't think so!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 02, 2010, 10:33:43 am by mushRTID »
DaveDRFC wrote:
mushRTID wrote:
i had the barclays footy credit card last year and have assumed as they are not taking new orders they dont do that anymore. My sainsburys credit card is on order, 10 months 0% interest. Just hope theres no charge for using it.

If you've already got the Barclaycard you'll have no problem mate, they still honour the offer to existing cardholders, that's what I did last year. Mine doesn't expire until next year so I could put my tickets on that, but I am still loathe to do it as even though it's interest free you still have to pay it back! I only fully paid off this season's last week and now they want my money for next season already!

Thanks for that mate, I do still have the card so will use that.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 02, 2010, 08:02:21 pm by Nudga »
BobG wrote:
Don't mean to pry Nudga, but surely 're-financing existing loans' is exactly what you, and others, should do to help pay for next years' ST? I've just done that for somone I know and she's knocked well over 70 quid a month off through doing really simple things  - and she only earns about 250 quid a week.

BobG

No Bob, re-financing existing loans is to help pay for the rising fuel costs to get me to work and college and my missus to work. All it's done is soften the blow of HAVING to spend £250/£300 a month in fuel. This saving that we have made is the difference between 80ltrs of diesel. So still not enough money to go towards a season ticket.

newtownjoe1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 02, 2010, 09:01:23 pm by newtownjoe1 »
I think most people are more upset about the way they found out about the price rise, and even more so by the new time limit,bringing it forward by 6-8 weeks is a shallow move by the bean counters.It could have been avoided by good communication but alas the dept concerned has been inept to say the least over the last couple of seasons.Most people will be able to absorb the increase but there will be quite a few who will not be able to do it.For these people i feel sorry for and hope that in time they will be able to again buy ST`s.I remember the Irish Fa introduced block booking of tickets for our internationals and i could not afford to stump up for 3 matches all at once,so i lost out and now watch all home games on the TV.Big difference i asking for 60 quid and asking for 180 quid in a matter of weeks.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 03, 2010, 01:53:13 am by RobTheRover »
JamieM wrote:
£30 season ticket for under 11's? Whilst it's brlliant for families with young children it's no way to run a business.

Actually, its EXACTLY the right way to run a business.  Hook them under 11 year old and you have them for life.  Think about the enormous amount of money getting 3000 under 11's hooked brings in over say 25 years as an adult supporter - 3000 x £400 x 25 = £30 million quid.  Thats potential money lost to our neighbouring clubs if we dont make it easy for the kids to come (and remember, they usually bring at least one responsible adult with them).  Barnsley are still offering a FREE childs ST with every adult ST sold.  They understand how important getting the new blood in is to the long term ambition of the club.  For the families living in the villages on the Doncaster/Barnsley periphery who havent jumped either way yet, it could come down to a purely monetary decision.  We need to make sure they choose us.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 03, 2010, 11:51:16 am by JamieM »
RobTheRover wrote:
JamieM wrote:
£30 season ticket for under 11's? Whilst it's brlliant for families with young children it's no way to run a business.

Actually, its EXACTLY the right way to run a business.  Hook them under 11 year old and you have them for life.  Think about the enormous amount of money getting 3000 under 11's hooked brings in over say 25 years as an adult supporter - 3000 x £400 x 25 = £30 million quid.  Thats potential money lost to our neighbouring clubs if we dont make it easy for the kids to come (and remember, they usually bring at least one responsible adult with them).  Barnsley are still offering a FREE childs ST with every adult ST sold.  They understand how important getting the new blood in is to the long term ambition of the club.  For the families living in the villages on the Doncaster/Barnsley periphery who havent jumped either way yet, it could come down to a purely monetary decision.  We need to make sure they choose us.

Good point Rob. However i see it differently.

We've had these great prices in Cat C for a few seasons now and it should be enough (given our success) to have a considerable amount of youngsters ''hooked''.

I see it as an opportunity cost situation. We can carry on with these low prices yet deal with the consequence of a reduced revenue for DRFC thus limiting our progress towards ''the next level''.

If we remain stagnant from the above situation (in terms of the league table) i would argue that we would attract less supporters, even with these great prices. Let's face it, the best way to attract support is success with money second i feel (especially considering the prices of ST's of our local rivals).

However, if we increase the prices of Cat C the already ''hooked'' supporters will still want to come thus increasing the revenue available for DRFC.

In this situation we would be able to begin our financial pursuit for the acquisition (sp?) of Sharp and Shackell which will, in my opinion, increase the amount of supporters coming to the Keepmoat (given that we gradually progress up the table, which is very likely with these signings) even with the price increases.

I know all this is very generalised and crude but you get my drift.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 03, 2010, 12:08:59 pm by bobjimwilly »
JamieM wrote:
Good point Rob. However i see it differently.

We've had these great prices in Cat C for a few seasons now and it should be enough (given our success) to have a considerable amount of youngsters ''hooked''.

I see it as an opportunity cost situation. We can carry on with these low prices yet deal with the consequence of a reduced revenue for DRFC thus limiting our progress towards ''the next level''.

If we remain stagnant from the above situation (in terms of the league table) i would argue that we would attract less supporters, even with these great prices. Let's face it, the best way to attract support is success with money second i feel (especially considering the prices of ST's of our local rivals).

However, if we increase the prices of Cat C the already ''hooked'' supporters will still want to come thus increasing the revenue available for DRFC.

In this situation we would be able to begin our financial pursuit for the acquisition (sp?) of Sharp and Shackell which will, in my opinion, increase the amount of supporters coming to the Keepmoat (given that we gradually progress up the table, which is very likely with these signings) even with the price increases.

I know all this is very generalised and crude but you get my drift.

It's not all kids in Cat C you know? In fact, where I sit in South East corner it is mainly adults?  :huh:

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 03, 2010, 12:12:44 pm by JamieM »
Really? Well i would never have guessed.

Rob was referring specifically to kids in the Cat C and so i replied referring specifically in the case of the kids in Cat C too.

WSBBA_Joe

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 03, 2010, 12:14:52 pm by WSBBA_Joe »
I would pay any amount of money to see the love of my life Doncaster Rovers, especialy with Sir John Ryan is raising the prices for a very good reason. Just would like a longer timescale to buy.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 03, 2010, 02:30:46 pm by bobjimwilly »
JamieM wrote:
Really? Well i would never have guessed.

Rob was referring specifically to kids in the Cat C and so i replied referring specifically in the case of the kids in Cat C too.

I apologise. Had misread Robs post.  :byebye

TinyPortal © 2005-2012