Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:13:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A note to the cautious  (Read 1943 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
A note to the cautious
« on May 08, 2024, 05:48:25 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Over my 40+ years following the Rovers, there’s been one constant theme. We never, ever, ever do anything straightforward. There’s always some twists, turns and drama involved that tests our nervous system to the hilt.

I’m fully expecting that Friday will follow this theme and push me to the limit. Christ knows what’s going to happen but I’d bet my pension pot that it’ll not be smooth sailing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: A note to the cautious
« Reply #1 on May 08, 2024, 05:53:06 pm by Copps is Magic »
Except for the play-off final against Leeds, which was a walk in the park.

BerlinRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 08, 2024, 06:00:43 pm by BerlinRed »
Thought this too! Just not in our nature for this to go as smoothly as some seem to thin it will. Early goal for them will have us worried.

Problem for Crewe is I just can’t for the life of me imagine this team going a single game without scoring.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 08, 2024, 06:11:41 pm by Spud »
Totally get this, but at the same time I've expected our bubble to burst on this run so many times, this feels different to my rovers career thus far, somehow....

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 08, 2024, 06:17:00 pm by GazLaz »
Except for the play-off final against Leeds, which was a walk in the park.

And the league win under Penney… and the L2 promotion under Fergie…

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2024, 06:18:06 pm by Herman Hessian »
Over my 40+ years following the Rovers, there’s been one constant theme. We never, ever, ever do anything straightforward. There’s always some twists, turns and drama involved that tests our nervous system to the hilt.

I’m fully expecting that Friday will follow this theme and push me to the limit. Christ knows what’s going to happen but I’d bet my pension pot that it’ll not be smooth sailing.

..though to be fair, september to january were pretty hard going - so if you take 2023/24 as a whole, rather than just looking at the playoffs, we've had plenty of testing times already this season...

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2024, 06:44:02 pm by Upton Rover »

Have faith,

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2024, 06:55:44 pm by normal rules »
5-1 rovers. (Agg)

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2024, 06:56:05 pm by streathamdave »
Billy Waters is due a goal from sub.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 08, 2024, 06:58:46 pm by Barmby Rover »
3-0 at HT, One more in the second half. 6-0 agg

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2024, 07:00:30 pm by danumdon »
Billy Waters is due a goal from sub.

The first three quarters of this season following on from our depressing last two season has swallowed up our bad luck quota for the next thirty years!!

That's what i'm telling myself anyway.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 08, 2024, 10:18:17 pm by Michael Shaw »
Crewe will give it all they have but I still expect a 3-0 win on Friday. The only surprise is who we face in the final. I was so sure it would be MK Dons but it isn't looking that way right now.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2024, 10:26:21 pm by Alan Southstand »
MKD are not out of it yet. They can score hatfuls of goals if they’re in the mood. Again, an early goal gives them impetus and they owe their supporters something after that first leg shambles.

If that was us in their position, what would we be doing right now? We wouldn’t be throwing the towel in (and neither will Crewe)!

So long as the lads turn up in the right frame of mind, we should be ok. :chair:

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2024, 11:11:00 pm by Donnyjim »
An early goal for us would be a real settler. For both fans and players. We have to start the game as if it was 0-0. It is hard, but we must. Get on the front foot early doors, win those 50-50 challenges. The crowd will be a major factor.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 04:37:04 pm by Donnyjim »

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2024, 11:27:41 pm by LincsRover »
I thought the same as the OP, Donny never, ever do things easily. My hope is that the gillingham game was our glitch, so close to throwing it away but it worked out well in the end. That’s my hope, anyway!!!  :rtid:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 08, 2024, 11:43:05 pm by drfchound »
I know fans of lots of different clubs and they all say that their club never do things the easy way

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 09, 2024, 04:32:24 pm by Donnyjim »
I remember Forest beating Yeovil 2-0 at Huish in 2007. They celebrated so much, the Yeovil team heard them in their dressing room. The Yeovil manager said, ‘that’s my team talk for the second leg, right there’. They won 5-2 at the City ground 5-4 on aggregate.  :sick: :chair:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 05:10:07 pm by Donnyjim »

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 09, 2024, 07:59:04 pm by Upton Rover »
Crewe will give it all they have but I still expect a 3-0 win on Friday. The only surprise is who we face in the final. I was so sure it would be MK Dons but it isn't looking that way right now.
They will give another 15 minutes

LakesideOwl

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 09, 2024, 08:08:01 pm by LakesideOwl »
That first goal for us is key.

Get an early goal, Crewe heads will likely drop and then it's nothing silly and control the game.

Got a feeling we will go out attacking. Definitely don't want us to sit back and invite them on.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 09, 2024, 08:22:32 pm by StocksArmy »
We obviously have a fantastic opportunity to go through and if they keep their bottle it should be another win and a party atmosphere. But, you would be very silly to think it will be that straight forward, we are not invincible, we are in League Two for a reason and now playing against a team who have been written off before we kick a ball tomorrow. Thats a dangerous opponent.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 09, 2024, 08:26:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
Totally get this, but at the same time I've expected our bubble to burst on this run so many times, this feels different to my rovers career thus far, somehow....

My feelings exactly Spud.

For the first time in years, I don’t have that feeling that we’re gonna mess it up when the moment comes.
The moment could have come in every match for the last two months and this group have just powered on.

I am taking NOTHING for granted regarding tomorrow, but I have more faith in this group of Rovers players than I’ve had in any since …… well since Grant’s last time with us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 09, 2024, 08:56:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Caution went out of the window 20 games ago so this is no time to do anything but carry on believing and get our warriors over this next test.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 09, 2024, 10:03:49 pm by dknward2 »
Listen to McCann and Anderson pre match interview neither are thinking any further than tomorrow’s game, they know it won’t be easy but we are going out to win that’s all that matters

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 09, 2024, 10:32:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Yes we usually do it the hard way but I am quietly confident we will not have too many scares tomorrow.
Crewe have to come out and attack and I think we can take advantage of that.
Think we will create plenty of chances & If we are clinical in front of goal then we will be more than ok
If Crewe score 1st then it’s down to the team to react the right way and get the job done.
I think this team doesn’t know what the word defeat is at present.
The sheer will to win and the 12th man ( supporters  ) will get us over the line.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012