Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:17:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baroness Jones  (Read 11572 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Baroness Jones
« Reply #60 on March 15, 2021, 07:52:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I suggest people have a listen to the ex-Chief Constable of Notts on R4 this evening who said that in light of the High Court ruling, it was beholden on the Met to respond proportionately to the vigil and that the Met got it badly wrong with a wholly over the top response.

I'm amazed we are even discussing this to be honest.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 15, 2021, 08:02:58 pm by bpoolrover »
Most people seem to think they did go over the top , but most people also seem to think they shouldn’t have been there in the 1st place and then it would never have happened

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 15, 2021, 08:05:23 pm by MachoMadness »
Police were happy for this illegal gathering to go ahead when Kate Middleton rocked up for a photo op. Or did it suddenly become illegal once she left?

And whether it was legal or not, the issue is the proportionality of the response. The protest was entirely peaceful and would have dispersed peacefully had the filth not used it as an opportunity to intimidate and beat up women. If need be, catch people on CCTV and issue fines. Don't steam in swinging punches because one of the women had an ACAB sign that hurt your feelings.

Shocking how many people seem to want to live in a fascist authoritarian state tbh. As my Jewish nana used to say, times like this you know who's attic you'd be safe in.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 15, 2021, 08:08:50 pm by bpoolrover »
It seemed peaceful yes from what I have seen but no way were they social distancing, in which case they should not be there should they? If one of the people there passed the virus onto a loved one of yours I’m sure you will change your views

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 15, 2021, 08:20:18 pm by MachoMadness »
So send the police in to kettle them closer together and rile them up. AND spark an additional 2 days of protests as well, that wouldn't have happened had the police decided not to beat up unarmed women. Much safer!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 15, 2021, 08:24:00 pm by bpoolrover »
No as I’ve said on a previous post the police should just have left them to it, but the police would not have been there had they not been there also!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 15, 2021, 08:35:32 pm by wilts rover »
A Met probationary constable involved in the Sarah Everard search has been referred to the police watchdog over an "inappropriate graphic" shared with colleagues on social media

https://twitter.com/Fhamiltontimes/status/1371530255786258434

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 15, 2021, 08:36:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wonder how many fatalities there will be as a result of this peaceful gathering?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 15, 2021, 08:39:20 pm by bpoolrover »
I wonder how many fatalities there will be as a result of this peaceful gathering?
that’s my issue is attending that vigil worth more than someone else’s life

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 15, 2021, 08:41:25 pm by wilts rover »
No as I’ve said on a previous post the police should just have left them to it, but the police would not have been there had they not been there also!

Remind me again - why were those women there in the first place?

And why did several other vigils on the same day, some of which (including Bristol) also carrying on into the evening, pass off with no trouble whatsover?

Why did this particular police force decide to do what they did?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 15, 2021, 08:48:05 pm by drfchound »
A Met probationary constable involved in the Sarah Everard search has been referred to the police watchdog over an "inappropriate graphic" shared with colleagues on social media

https://twitter.com/Fhamiltontimes/status/1371530255786258434

Disgraceful.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 15, 2021, 08:58:34 pm by bpoolrover »

Remind me again - why were those women there in the first place?

And why did several other vigils on the same day, some of which (including Bristol) also carrying on into the evening, pass off with no trouble whatsover?

Why did this particular police force decide to do what they did?
I can’t answer about the others as I have seen no pictures of them, the reason they were there? The ones I saw interviewed today said they had to be there to stand with other women, none of them new the poor woman who was murdered but they still had to be there, is that a good enough reason to put other peoples lives at risk?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 15, 2021, 09:31:37 pm by no eyed deer »
Fear conquers all, whether its Covid, racism and now this. .

Another case of lockdown, unless it something I feel strongly enough about it, then it doesn't matter.

The digital world whipping up another frenzy and responsible for society as we know it is imploding... and I fear for the future of our kids.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 15, 2021, 10:18:04 pm by SydneyRover »

I wonder how many people have died because the met police haven't done their job propoerly over the years, too bust on social media?

Six more police officers investigated over photos of murdered sisters

Two Met colleagues arrested earlier for allegedly taking and sharing inappropriate images

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/25/six-more-police-officers-investigated-over-photos-of-murdered-victims

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 15, 2021, 10:22:10 pm by bpoolrover »
And what they have done is terrible Sydney I don’t think anyone will disagree does that make it right to put other peoples lives at risk? There has been a few nurses who have killed patients does that make all nurses bad people?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 15, 2021, 10:24:49 pm by SydneyRover »
DId I say that bp, please stop trying to muddy the waters

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 15, 2021, 10:50:33 pm by drfchound »
Just his way of posting.
Throw in a controversial comment to see if anyone starts an argument with him.
Must be very lonely.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 15, 2021, 11:16:33 pm by SydneyRover »
just a reminder of another who had respect for women ................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ga9lHtcXM

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 16, 2021, 01:05:40 am by bpoolrover »
See there is another vigil today with hundreds there, many are holding placards seems more like a protest than a vigil

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 16, 2021, 06:59:53 am by SydneyRover »
What can I get you two plain clothes police, another orange juice and a soda water?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on March 16, 2021, 08:53:10 am by ravenrover »
VIGIL - the act of keeping awake at times when sleep is customary also : a period of wakefulness. 2 : an event or a period of time when a person or group stays in a place and quietly waits, prays, etc., especially at night a candlelight vigil kept vigil at her bedside
Why do people keep calling these protests a vigil?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 16, 2021, 09:22:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
Because we have to be very selective with words we use so as not to cause an issue that directs the argument off in another direction.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 16, 2021, 11:29:19 am by SydneyRover »
Hey sarge ....... don't look now but I just saw that guy over there getting a drink for the woman standing near the bar.

Pretend you're taking a selfie of us and get them in the background, act natural like ..............

Another johnson brainfart?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 16, 2021, 11:46:14 am by MachoMadness »
Vigil
a period of keeping awake during the time usually spent asleep, especially to keep watch or pray.
"my birdwatching vigils lasted for hours"
a stationary, peaceful demonstration in support of a particular cause, typically without speeches.
"the group held a candlelight vigil outside the jail"
(in the Christian Church) the eve of a festival or holy day as an occasion of religious observance.
nocturnal devotions.

Vigils can also be a form of protest. Especially when the whole topic of discussion is women wanting to reclaim the streets after dark, only to be subject to state violence.

Spin it any way you want, it doesn't matter what you call it - it was entirely peaceful and the only issues occurred when the thugs in uniform decided to steam in swinging punches at women.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 16, 2021, 02:47:51 pm by ravenrover »
Spin it any way you want, it doesn't matter what you call it - it was entirely peaceful and the only issues occurred when the thugs in uniform decided to steam in swinging punches at women.
You were there? You actually saw this?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 16, 2021, 03:01:49 pm by MachoMadness »
I wasn't there, but I know someone who was. And between her word, the word of countless others sharing experiences of the police's disgusting behaviour not just at the vigil but walking away from it too, and the footage I've seen of the police swinging punches at women who were just standing or sitting down, pretty sure that I'm not too far wrong.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 16, 2021, 05:00:38 pm by belton rover »
Did you see these swinging punches connect, Macho?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 16, 2021, 09:23:47 pm by SydneyRover »
Stop making excuses for poorly trained and controlled police belton if you took a swing at them whether it connected or not it's threateninig behaviour.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 16, 2021, 09:34:59 pm by belton rover »
I think you’ve got up a bit too early, Sydney.
I’m just after clarification of what Macho saw the ‘Pigs’ doing.
I’m not suggesting takin swings and missing is okay - I’m just wondering, if they didn’t connect their swinging punches, how they missed hitting the women who were sitting down and standing still.
If they did swing punches at these (literally) sitting targets, then that is a disgrace. I just haven’t seen what Macho has.
Anyway, you’ve got more important things to worry about. Like what ‘highbrow’ means.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 09:41:15 pm by belton rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 16, 2021, 09:37:46 pm by SydneyRover »
if you don't have an answer for my comment you can just say belton

TinyPortal © 2005-2012