Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:01:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Morecambe  (Read 1799 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Morecambe
« on December 16, 2023, 07:29:09 pm by Prez »
Too many on here IMHO not giving them enough credit. Personally as much as we were poor I thought they were excellent. Worked hard, closed us down, and had 3 or 4 players particularly their numbers 10 and 12 who were very direct and skilful. Would love those in Rovers team. They also had a lot of movement off the ball. Very little sideways passing, and had a purpose to their play.

Fair play to them and I bet their budget isn’t as big as ours.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Morecambe
« Reply #1 on December 16, 2023, 07:29:52 pm by mushRTID »
I thought they were really average.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 16, 2023, 07:36:05 pm by Spilsby Red »
Not an amazing team but they had fight and desire

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 16, 2023, 07:39:35 pm by roversdude »
I thought they were shocking tbh

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 16, 2023, 07:45:09 pm by Campsall rover »
That is the easiest win they will have this season.
Probably the easiest win they have had for a decade and will be for the next decade.
They are a bang ave if that League 2 team.
Haven’t won for 6 games before today. Their confidence must have been very low and we gave them 3 points on a plate.

No Morecambe we’re not good. We made them look good. We were beyond bad.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 16, 2023, 07:45:59 pm by dickos1 »
Up until it was 0-2 I thought they were the worst side I’ve seen this season.
At 0-2 they got more confident and improved but we should be beating teams like that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 16, 2023, 07:47:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You can't fault them for capitalising on our weaknesses. They were 5 times better at it today.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 16, 2023, 07:58:40 pm by Prez »
I thought they were shocking tbh

Gone away from home scored 5 could have 8??? If they were shocking what does they say about the other teams we have played this season ?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 17, 2023, 09:34:15 am by Padge_DRFC »
That is the easiest win they will have this season.
Probably the easiest win they have had for a decade and will be for the next decade.
They are a bang ave if that League 2 team.
Haven’t won for 6 games before today. Their confidence must have been very low and we gave them 3 points on a plate.

No Morecambe we’re not good. We made them look good. We were beyond bad.

We're a gift for confidence boosters

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 17, 2023, 09:45:35 am by Chris Black come back »
Even if you put to one side the truly horrific performance yesterday and injury crisis during a fixture pile up, our next 3 games look an absolute nightmare on paper:

Bradford City - won their last 5 games in a row
Notts County - no side has won more at home
Mansfield Town - lost 1 league game all season

Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 10:24:55 am by Chris Black come back »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 17, 2023, 10:22:38 am by Donnywolf »
Thanks Cbcb ... A Merry Christmas to you too

L L L I reckon but I was expecting an easy win yesterday so hopefully got those 3 predictions wrong as well

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 17, 2023, 10:38:22 am by Colin C No.3 »
The tone was set in the first minute. Anderson, with no Morecombe players around or behind him only Jones who was about 20 yards away. Instead of leaving the ball for Jones (was there a call from Jones to ‘leave it’?) he chose to head it & a Morecombe player was onto it straight away & after desperate defending won a corner.

Whether Jones shouted or not (& he should have done) if Anderson can’t visualise his options by now but chose one I would likely have made, then he has no place in the team.

I could go on about others… Molyneaux, Hurst, Biggins, Olowu, Faal, Jones. We were so very, very poor against a bang average outfit.

Close apparently may be fit for the game on Friday.

Whatever the team, they’d better come out breathing fire.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 17, 2023, 12:07:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I doubt Morecambe fans will see anything like that for a long time where all things came together in one performance. 

Merry Christmas Morecambe fans. Enjoy replaying the highlights again and again. I know I would.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 17, 2023, 12:19:30 pm by colincramb »
Re question about budget. Ours will be significantly higher. Without question.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 18, 2023, 06:19:37 pm by karldew »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 18, 2023, 06:25:21 pm by wilts rover »
Potentially a points deduction?

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/december/18/efl-statement--morecambe-football-club/

So we were beaten 5 - 0 at home by a team who can't* pay it's wages. Let that sink in.

*owner has not deposited the correct amount of money to cover wages  as speciefied by the EFL

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 18, 2023, 06:34:04 pm by Filo »
Potentially a points deduction?

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/december/18/efl-statement--morecambe-football-club/

They are currently under a suspended 3 point deduction if the fail to make their agreed obligations

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 18, 2023, 07:30:53 pm by Jimmydee »
A kind Morecambe fan pleased me by dropping some money in the donation bucket and stopping for a chat, our team to please him with 3 points.
I told him that the last time that I went to Morecambes ground, I watched us winning 5-0, I never expected him to be going home with the same reflective tale as me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 19, 2023, 01:52:24 pm by drfchound »
All the players were at Cantley Park at 8am on Sunday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 19, 2023, 05:18:32 pm by Campsall rover »
The tone was set in the first minute. Anderson, with no Morecombe players around or behind him only Jones who was about 20 yards away. Instead of leaving the ball for Jones (was there a call from Jones to ‘leave it’?) he chose to head it & a Morecombe player was onto it straight away & after desperate defending won a corner.

Whether Jones shouted or not (& he should have done) if Anderson can’t visualise his options by now but chose one I would likely have made, then he has no place in the team.

I could go on about others… Molyneaux, Hurst, Biggins, Olowu, Faal, Jones. We were so very, very poor against a bang average outfit.

Anderson has no confidence in Jones.
He is far too quiet for a keeper. The defenders don’t know whether he is coming out to collect the ball or not.
A commanding keeper makes a defence confident and assured. Ours are nervous wrecks at present.

Lawlor is not the long term answer but he simply has to come back into the team now.

Before people think I have an agenda on Louie Jones let me just say I don’t.
Nothing would delight me more to have seen him turn out to be the Keeper we need but the fact is he hasn’t. Yes he has made some great saves, so did Mitchell but these are saves keepers are expected to make 9 times out of 10.
He is not commanding of his 6 yd box in the air. Not strong enough physically. He is far too quiet, his positioning is poor at times and he is slow to move his feet.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 19, 2023, 06:00:44 pm by drfchound »

That incident in the first minute reminded me of the same thing happening in the Salford game.
Only that time the ball was put straight back into the box and Matt Smith headed in at the far post.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 19, 2023, 06:49:06 pm by roversdude »

Anderson has no confidence in Jones.
He is far too quiet for a keeper. The defenders don’t know whether he is coming out to collect the ball or not.
A commanding keeper makes a defence confident and assured. Ours are nervous wrecks at present.

Lawlor is not the long term answer but he simply has to come back into the team now.

Before people think I have an agenda on Louie Jones let me just say I don’t.
Nothing would delight me more to have seen him turn out to be the Keeper we need but the fact is he hasn’t. Yes he has made some great saves, so did Mitchell but these are saves keepers are expected to make 9 times out of 10.
He is not commanding of his 6 yd box in the air. Not strong enough physically. He is far too quiet, his positioning is poor at times and he is slow to move his feet.

Got to agree with this Camps, of the 2 Lawlor is our best keeper and should come back in

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 19, 2023, 10:10:09 pm by The Beast »
Their team seemed a lot more athletic than ours. I feel that when we haven’t got the players in who can dominate the possession we lose the physical battle.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012